• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Uruguay

Steve Gerrard is no Scholes/Ince type player, we've missed that since they respectively retired. I couldn't believe no-one marked Suarez' card early on with a tackle to test the knee, we weren't playing cricket you know, there's no need to be "gentlemen footballers"! A Spanish ref was never going to be sympathetic to us against a Latino side, some of the appointments this tournament have been strange to say the least.
Nice. I'd rather England didn't resort to trying to injure our opponent's best players.

I think we didn't give Uraguay enough respect and it was the basics which let us down. Jagielka will have nightmares about the movement and finishing from Suarez. Johnson had about 3 or 4 seconds to get tight to Cavani but he just stood off and even a desperate Henderson couldn't stop a basic but well played lofted pass to Suarez who couldn't miss that header.

However, I'm already over it to be honest... the rest of the tournament has been bloody brilliant and the competition is wide open.

Nice. I'd rather England didn't resort to trying to injure our opponent's best players.

I think we didn't give Uraguay enough respect and it was the basics which let us down. Jagielka will have nightmares about the movement and finishing from Suarez. Johnson had about 3 or 4 seconds to get tight to Cavani but he just stood off and even a desperate Henderson couldn't stop a basic but well played lofted pass to Suarez who couldn't miss that header.

However, I'm already over it to be honest... the rest of the tournament has been bloody brilliant and the competition is wide open.

you are mad!

Professional sport requires you to have the edge in any way you can achieve ,Comments like yours feel me with dread!

you are mad!

Professional sport requires you to have the edge in any way you can achieve ,Comments like yours feel me with dread!
I'd be genuinely embarrassed if we tried to kick the **** out of players on purpose, and it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth. it's the same with trying to dive and general gamesmanship, I'd rather focus on positive improvements to our game and tactics than complain about how we didn't try and crock Suarez.

Your post count continues to rise love.
As does yours, "love"! And just so you know, I'm combining two answers in one post, that's how little "post count" means to me.

As I said elsewhere, it's not cricket. Do you think other teams would have done the same if we'd had a similar scenario because if you do, then you're deluded. Exploit the weakness and use it to your own advantage. Same in any kind of confrontation.

I'd be genuinely embarrassed if we tried to kick the **** out of players on purpose, and it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth. it's the same with trying to dive and general gamesmanship, I'd rather focus on positive improvements to our game and tactics than complain about how we didn't try and crock Suarez.

You have no idea of high level sport have you!

I played level 3 ladies football without any expenses paid yet I was often told "do her".Now just think if there were millions to be had?

You have no idea of high level sport have you!

I played level 3 ladies football without any expenses paid yet I was often told "do her".Now just think if there were millions to be had?

Congratulations.

I can't imagine any player signing up for doing a hatchet job in a world cup. Beckham got hatemail after Simone, so imagine getting legitimately sent off for injuring someone and ruining a world cup campaign. I can't see any player willingingly being like you and being happy to 'do someone'.

Anyway, this is getting silly. We couldn't get close enough to Suarez to fairly tackle him, let along hack him. Our midfield and defenders didn't do enough to close down his supply, and a goal straight through from a goal kick is just a schoolboy mistake.

Also, I do think it was pretty remarkable quite how fit and mobile Suarez was after knee surgery...

Congratulations.

I can't imagine any player signing up for doing a hatchet job in a world cup. Beckham got hatemail after Simone, so imagine getting legitimately sent off for injuring someone and ruining a world cup campaign. I can't see any player willingingly being like you and being happy to 'do someone'.

Anyway, this is getting silly. We couldn't get close enough to Suarez to fairly tackle him, let along hack him. Our midfield and defenders didn't do enough to close down his supply, and a goal straight through from a goal kick is just a schoolboy mistake.

Also, I do think it was pretty remarkable quite how fit and mobile Suarez was after knee surgery...

Now you are talking sensible without trying to be clever,

The midfield for us was in truth diabolical as they chased shadows ,Yet I m still stunned Suarez was not whacked which is part and parcel of top level sport,You cannot allow a top forward that much respect as he/she will turn your world into a nightmare.

Suarez for my money is top drawer so deserves all of the plaudits yet I still think one of our guys should have sorted him right out.

my son played,here in Germany,for the local "village" team..clubhouse,flooders ,about 8 different (age)teams..he was told-taught, at the age of 10-12,how to cheat!!!how to dive!!how to put pressure on the ref..this is Germany,they are winners.you saw Müller ..Germans use to cheat-dive,often,but now they are far more clever..they only do it now & then,when things-the game(when they need a result),are not going right for them..please watch,for example, the german "bench",when the ref is near,good example world cup 90,when Gazza got booked,the whole bench,run to the touchline,screaming at the ref...clever..man.utd v bayern, champ.league, the whole bench done the same thing,at old trafford,result was man.utd player getting sent off,changed the whole game...germans are winners,they learn early

So you have taken time just to post that !

You are another one who adds nothing to the forum in my honest opinion!

Still one day you may have something interesting to say?

Actually, his accounts of SU away trips are always a good read.

(Also,*** knows his politics,which is more than I can say for a lot on here).

Sorry Oz that's not winners that cheating , you must think Ben Johnson is an Olympic champion on that basis

he got caught!!! but i know what you mean,but fifa,eufa dont stop it..some people call it cheating,other (like germans) say its being professional, but i do know what you mean..but if you ask me, i would rather be like the germans!!! have you ever looked up ,think it was 1954,german world cup champs,all took drugs to win!!or 66,2 germans tested positive,nowt said

Must say if I was playing against that little **** I would'a snapped him in the first 5 minutes.

Must say if I was playing against that little **** I would'a snapped him in the first 5 minutes.

The couple of times I played against old pros I have similar initial thoughts. Trouble was it was really difficult to get near enough to them and when I did they knew exactly what was coming and I ended up swishing at thin air...........and I got several painful digs for my troubles further down the line!!

The couple of times I played against old pros I have similar initial thoughts. Trouble was it was really difficult to get near enough to them and when I did they knew exactly what was coming and I ended up swishing at thin air...........and I got several painful digs for my troubles further down the line!!

Few year's ago I played against an ex England international(she was well past her best years)she did me with one over the top which could of snapped my shin the agony was dreadful so revenge was in order with an elbow to her nose whilst defending a corner we ended being separated by every player,The funny thing was in the bar after the game we became best buddies and still laugh about that painful encounter.

Suarez and Pirlo both needed the treatment.

Pulis, the crystal palace manager does with it players with out arrogance - he is a proven Manager

We don't have to find anyone. Roy's there until 2016 and I think we will be in for a far better tournament in Euro 16. The youngsters will grow and get better and tougher.

We don't have to find anyone. Roy's there until 2016 and I think we will be in for a far better tournament in Euro 16. The youngsters will grow and get better and tougher.

sorry,but as was said "72,74,76,78,80,...etc,etc, in 2 years time,that awful taste will still be there...the scum,fa,needs to changed,top to bottom

sorry,but as was said "72,74,76,78,80,...etc,etc, in 2 years time,that awful taste will still be there...the scum,fa,needs to changed,top to bottom

But that is just not going to happen. I'm not against change, I'm just at a total loss to understand what you would replace the present FA members with?

Few year's ago I played against an ex England international(she was well past her best years)she did me with one over the top which could of snapped my shin the agony was dreadful so revenge was in order with an elbow to her nose whilst defending a corner we ended being separated by every player,The funny thing was in the bar after the game we became best buddies and still laugh about that painful encounter.

Suarez and Pirlo both needed the treatment.

So how long did you spend suspended?

Back