• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After a cracking match, and nervous end to the game, England walk out World Champions. Well done Wilkinson, whos drop kick won us the game.
Every one in Aussie land believed we could only play rugby one way, but we showed them how its done. Well done to Australia, who got right back into the game in the second half.

But the best country won, well done England!
biggrin.gif

Yeah totally agree,that shut those arrogant Aussies up.:) It wasnt a great game to watch,but everyone worked hard and there were some great individual performances from Wilkinson,Robinson and Dallagio. We're always moaning about how England loses at everything (tennis,golf,football,cricket) but it fells great to have finally won something as great as this,makes you feel proud to be English.It was great seeing them celebrating at the end,especially Martin Johnson who's a great captain.

WELL DONE ENGLAND!!!!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Not being much of a rugby fan I have to admit the game was good, unfortunately the result did not go our way but a good game none the less. England deserved to win as Australia made too many mistakes in the first half. Enjoy it for the next 4 years !
smile.gif

What a great day!!!!!!

I thought it was a brilliant performance from the boys, especially Wilkinson, Robinson and Johnson!

There was loads of mistakes being made, England managed to capitalise more on the mistakes made by Australia, and the sheer strength of the English team showed!

That is a great acheivement for England. The first Northern Hemisphere team to win the Rugby World Cup, beating the Australians(who were also very good today) in their own back yard, and winning the first major international tournament sinse that glorious day in 1966!!!

I hope all the England players enjoy the time after the final, they fully deserved it!!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tygaman @ Nov. 22 2003,21:37)]Not being much of a rugby fan I have to admit the game was good, unfortunately the result did not go our way but a good game none the less. England deserved to win as Australia made too many mistakes in the first half. Enjoy it for the next 4 years !
smile.gif
Tygaman,

Out of interest, I'm guessing that originally you were from England but emigrated some time ago to Oz land. So why do you consider yourself Australian just because you've lived there for X amount of years?

I'm just interested because a lot of my family did the same thing 30 years ago and they consider themselves Australian too but if it was me I'd always be English.

Dave

Sorry Dave

Born and raised in Australia as were my parents and grandparents ! I do agree with you though on the emigration thing, if I moved to another country, no matter how long I was there I would always consider myself Australian.
Maybe your family in Australia declared themselves English again last night ?!
smile.gif

OK, here goes ! About 10 years ago I had a computer game (football management) and it randomly put me at Southend. When I finally go the internet a few years later I decided to look up Southend United, found the email list and a few websites and it went on from there. Followed them from afar since then, made the trip to Southend last year and had a tour of Roots Hall. Heading back in April for the Yeovil game as part of my honeymoon !
tounge.gif

It was nice to see Prince Harry schmoozing with the team after the match and scoring a few easy points.

F***ing w***er.

Congratulations to the England boys, it was a throughly deserved victory. I am not much of a rugby fan but I did watch the game and went through and the emotions like I do in a football match. Wilkinson and Woodward will surely be rewarded with knighthoods like many of the other players.

World Champions, C'mon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 23 2003,10:45)]It was nice to see Prince Harry schmoozing with the team after the match and scoring a few easy points.

F***ing w***er.
Leave Harry alone!

I'm fed up with the media always having a go at him.He's a young lad having fun and at least he's patriotic!

Back