• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

It's digging in and fighting back in that style that wins you championships.
Credit to the team, credit to the guys upstairs for getting Amir in. We have until the 20th sept to get another overseas fast bowler in for our remaining 3 games to continue the push and land the championship again.

Fair play to Somerset on verge of winning done well to get them runs batting fourth

I’d like us to replace Siddle with an overseas batsman for the matches. Have enough cover in the bowling but can’t afford totals under 200 if we want this title.
Powers that be simply have to address the bowling friendly pitches batsmen are being asked to ply their trade on. It’s far from an even contest and obviously not producing the desired test players.

I’d like us to replace Siddle with an overseas batsman for the matches. Have enough cover in the bowling but can’t afford totals under 200 if we want this title.
Powers that be simply have to address the bowling friendly pitches batsmen are being asked to ply their trade on. It’s far from an even contest and obviously not producing the desired test players.

I could go either way. I think the important thing is that they are quality and fully committed. No more Tsotsobes! No complaints about the last few fc overseas: Siddle, Wagner, Amir, Vijay all been good signings.

I could go either way. I think the important thing is that they are quality and fully committed. No more Tsotsobes! No complaints about the last few fc overseas: Siddle, Wagner, Amir, Vijay all been good signings.

I’m a little disappointed that Siddle was here solely to get used to English conditions and then play in the Ashes.
I’m not totally surprised TBH, I’ve always rated him in English conditions and no rules have been broken of course.
Hope Essex see things favourably as losing him has come at rather crucial point in the season.
Be interesting to see if he turns up next year, personally I hope so as bowlers like Porter, Quinn, Beard and Cook can only improve learning from someone like Siddle.
Good call BTW on Cook, believe you mentioned him before season started.
Even a broken clock etc :Whistling: !!!

I’m a little disappointed that Siddle was here solely to get used to English conditions and then play in the Ashes.
I’m not totally surprised TBH, I’ve always rated him in English conditions and no rules have been broken of course.
Hope Essex see things favourably as losing him has come at rather crucial point in the season.
Be interesting to see if he turns up next year, personally I hope so as bowlers like Porter, Quinn, Beard and Cook can only improve learning from someone like Siddle.
Good call BTW on Cook, believe you mentioned him before season started.
Even a broken clock etc :Whistling: !!!
Siddle has played county cricket in England before though, for 2 other counties previously.

Good win tonight at top of the table Sussex in the 20 20.

T20 is exciting in Southern Group
Cannot believe how my bet on Kent has backfired, big game Friday

Kent self destructed in last 9 balls v Gloucester tonight 10 needed from 9 balls they lost 4 wickets and scored 4 runs

Essex can qualify for the QF tomorrow if; Essex beat Kent Glamorgan beat Hampshire Would mean;
3rd - Somerset/Middlesex - 15
4th - Essex - 15
5th - Kent - 14
6th - Hampshire - 13

If Hampshire beat Glamorgan it goes to RR

Down there tomorrow night and just glad there is something to play for in the game

Cant see Glamorgan getting a win. They are the Kevin Bond managed T20 cricket team of cricket teams.

A big win for Essex might do it.

Think I may just pop along to the last county championship game of the season at Taunton.

Went to the Oval last night, decent performance. Qualification is unlikely though.

Some good news in Craig Overton replacing Jimmy Anderson in Ashes squad, that'll weaken Somerset for the run in

Siddle has played county cricket in England before though, for 2 other counties previously.

He has, but he's also played plenty of test match cricket in this country so it wasn't so much experience of English conditions he needed but overs under his belt. His preparation was perfect with plenty of red ball bowling whilst the likes of Buttler hadn't played a fc match since February. It's no wonder that Siddle has come up on top against Jos.

Went to the Oval last night, decent performance. Qualification is unlikely though.

Some good news in Craig Overton replacing Jimmy Anderson in Ashes squad, that'll weaken Somerset for the run in

Was a great knock from Ravi.

Back