• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2021

Seems odd lawrence can't play when Crawley can play for Kent?

Wouldn't be surprised if Crawley is left out for the India tests. Think he may need a spell away from international cricket to recover his confidence whereas Dan should be involved.

Either way Essex seem to be playing a batsman (or two) light. We definitely have a Ravi sized hole.

We look atrocious at t20 this year. 108 after 17 overs at a batting friendly place like Chelmsford is poor

Wouldn't be surprised if Crawley is left out for the India tests. Think he may need a spell away from international cricket to recover his confidence whereas Dan should be involved.

Either way Essex seem to be playing a batsman (or two) light. We definitely have a Ravi sized hole.

The India tests aren't until August though. Lawrence shouldn't need a rest as he was only on the field for 10 overs in the last 2 days of the NZ test

The India tests aren't until August though. Lawrence shouldn't need a rest as he was only on the field for 10 overs in the last 2 days of the NZ test

It's not just the time on the field but the time away from home as well. He was in Sri Lanka and then India in bubbles. We've just had a test series against NZ and then there's the India test series and after that the Ashes. You've got to find time for resting players (mentally more than physically) where you can when the schedule is so relentless. They should be resting him here so that he can be both fresh and prepared for the Ashes this winter.

Anyone know why Delport wasn't retained? Is that a Covid cost cutting? His T20 knowhow and explosiveness is just what they need at the top of the order and would help the younger players. It's much easier to bat when your partner is demolishing the opposition!

It's not just the time on the field but the time away from home as well. He was in Sri Lanka and then India in bubbles. We've just had a test series against NZ and then there's the India test series and after that the Ashes. You've got to find time for resting players (mentally more than physically) where you can when the schedule is so relentless. They should be resting him here so that he can be both fresh and prepared for the Ashes this winter.

Anyone know why Delport wasn't retained? Is that a Covid cost cutting? His T20 knowhow and explosiveness is just what they need at the top of the order and would help the younger players. It's much easier to bat when your partner is demolishing the opposition!

Wasn't he a Kolpak? Meaning he'd be an overseas player this year. If that is the case I'd guess Harmer and Neesham were a better option. Neesham should definitely be batting up the order

Wasn't he a Kolpak? Meaning he'd be an overseas player this year. If that is the case I'd guess Harmer and Neesham were a better option. Neesham should definitely be batting up the order

I'd argue Delport is a more valuable T20 player than either. As an opener he has the opportunity to affect the game far more.

Agree your overseas player needs to be batting higher up the order.

I'd argue Delport is a more valuable T20 player than either. As an opener he has the opportunity to affect the game far more.

Agree your overseas player needs to be batting higher up the order.

More impact than Harmer i'd agree, but Harmer is skipper and I think the white ball captaincy is a bit of a trade off for his red ball heroics as he isn't a great white ball bowler. Neesham is a international class all-rounder though, i'd rather have him than Delport personally.

not a Kolpak, something to do with ancestry. if some member of your family had ever taken a holiday in the UK (or whatever) you could get an ancestry visa (or something) and play as a home player, but that's changed due, I think, to Brexit

Feel like we’re blooding too many you youngsters all at the same time in the t20 this year. And as to Chopra? Guessing he must have run over the coaches cat.

236 wasn't even the highest score in the T20 Blast last week, let alone a record.

Still, we will get a point at Surrey tonight.
Make that 2 :Cool: Shame The Oval wasn't full of Essex fans like usual for that. My tickets got cancelled last week.

Back