• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Senior League Derby - Southend Lords Of The Manor

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
Not long back from Southchurch Arena from a superb local derby.

Southend Manor 3-2 Hullbridge Sports.

Hullbridge cruising it 2-0 up at half time. An early second half piledriver from 25 yards, though, swung the game. A poorly defended free kick left a free header in the six yard box for the equaliser soon after and then late on a blatant push to the ground in the six yard box, after Manor were certain score from a looping ball, gave them the match winning penalty.

Captain and SZoner Silencer, when not being booked and doing the most effeminate back-heels, could be seen literally foaming at the mouth when Manor were given the penalty!

A splendid evening, complemented by a nice clubhouse with decent food. It's everything a local football club should be. If you're not going to the Shrimpers game on Saturday, Manor have a massive game against champions-elect Romford.

The visitors will be taking a large support down so any local attendance would be greatly welcomed I am sure. You will also be guaranteed an excellent afternoon at the match whatever the result.

used to watch them a bit as my best mate played for them. nice one lads!

Just another cry for any fans wanting to watch a game tomorrow....Local pride of the town at Stake.

Title chasing Romford with 80 odd away fans will be down at Southchurch Arena for the game so all Blues are welcome to support Southends only other Senior Club.

Being a SUFC STH myself, I know that all Blues fans are welcome in the bar and we can all watch Southends win away to Huddersfield come in on Soccer Saturday together!

Up the Manor!

The really intriguing thing is that Manor have a genuine chance of ending Romford's unbeaten league record. The visitors nerves are jangling at the moment and Manor are always a tough proposition at Southchurch Arena. It has all the makings of a genuinely absorbing confrontation - and one you might just regret missing.

If you're not going to Huddersfield get yourself down to Southcurch Arena.

Managed to get down to this in the second half, good game of football to watch in the sunshine! Ended up being a good win for Manor to boot, 3-1 I think was the final score with Romford having a man sent off in the first half (I managed to make out from a few grumbling Romford fans on the way out).

Well done to all those Shrimpers fans that turned up. Silencer was saying the team noticed the odd extra Southend scarf and shirt and that having that extra support did make a difference.

Even with 11 against 11, Manor were well on top and thoroughly deserved the 2-0 half time lead. In the second half the Romford supporters orchestrated what could only be described as a hate campaign against the referee at perceived injustices - in truth it was frustration that they were being beaten.

The referee had obviously been influenced by this barracking - but only to give Manor any 50/50 decision. It became vicious circle for the visiting support. If they'd shut up a bit they'd have got loads more decisions their way!

Without a doubt the result of the Essex Senior League this season.

For those of you who fancy a fix of Saturday afternoon football next week, Manor are at Southchurch Arena again, this time hosting the evocatively named Mauritius Sports. Get yourself along. You'll enjoy the football and love the clubhouse!

Back