• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

And when have we last beat a decent team in a knockout stage?? Spain in 96? Thanks to Roys inept tactics we are in the tough half of the draw. Does anyone really think we can beat Portugal/France/Spain/Germany when we cant even beat Slovakia and the woeful Russia??

Looking at the permutations, can anyone provide me with a scenario (set of scores) from the 5PM games where we'll play Portugal in the next round? I don't think I can find any at all.

Looking at the permutations, can anyone provide me with a scenario (set of scores) from the 5PM games where we'll play Portugal in the next round? I don't think I can find any at all.

Here is one (not particularly likely) scenario

Iceland beat Austria by two goals.

Portugal beat Hungary by one goal.

Or...

Iceland 0-0 Austria
Portugal 2-2 Hungary

Hungary would finish top, Portugal would go second ahead of Iceland on goals scored.

Ha! Yes, which is rather more than you can say,I'd imagine.:raspberry:

Why do you feel the need to use emoticons when you insult someone? It doesn't make the insult any less of an insult.

If anyone on here has ever read all our posts I think they'll find I've used the phrase "I stand corrected" when it's been needed. I'd be surprised if they find anything similar from you.

Go on, admit you were wrong in your predictions. I dare you. I double dare you.

Why do you feel the need to use emoticons when you insult someone? It doesn't make the insult any less of an insult.

If anyone on here has ever read all our posts I think they'll find I've used the phrase "I stand corrected" when it's been needed. I'd be surprised if they find anything similar from you.

Go on, admit you were wrong in your predictions. I dare you. I double dare you.

Of course he is wrong. The three teams he predicted to reach the semis won't. That's the bottom line. That prediction must have taken into account the scenarios in the group games and he got it wrong.

In Hodgson's defence, he said that in the immediate aftermath of yesterday's game when it looked like our half of the bracket would be quite a bit more balanced.

I'm quite magnaminous about the route to the final to be perfectly honest. There's a good chance we'll play Hungary now, with France waiting in the quarters if we win that. A victory there pits us against Germany in the semis. The winner of that semi-final looks like playing Croatia.

So, to win the tournament, we'd have to beat two of the top four nations who qualified. In what other competition would you not expect that to be the case?

If France, Germany and Spain are the 3 best teams in the tournament as everyone now seems to be suggesting (despite every other person seemingly tipping Belgium before the tournament), we now only have to face two of them in order to win instead of 3 as before. So Spain losing actually makes our path easier.

And as for what side of the draw is easier:

Hungary, France, Germany, Croatia

or

Turkey, Belgium, Croatia, Germany

Of course he is wrong. The three teams he predicted to reach the semis won't. That's the bottom line. That prediction must have taken into account the scenarios in the group games and he got it wrong.

Actually I predicted 4 teams to reach the SF.France,Germany,Spain, and Italy.That prediction was made before a ball was kicked.

Haven't looked at the way the draw might go but I'd still expect two of those teams to reach the final (plus possibly Croatia as I said).

The only team I've added was Coatia,after last night's performance against Spain,which was the first time I'd seen them play in this tournament.I was impressed.

Ok, I think the debate about whether Barna was right or wrong is probably done now. Let's please move on.

Got BBC on right now. Cheer up Danny Murphy. You're being paid to go to France to watch football.

If France, Germany and Spain are the 3 best teams in the tournament as everyone now seems to be suggesting (despite every other person seemingly tipping Belgium before the tournament), we now only have to face two of them in order to win instead of 3 as before. So Spain losing actually makes our path easier.

And as for what side of the draw is easier:

Hungary, France, Germany, Croatia

or

Turkey, Belgium, Croatia, Germany

You're assuming we won't play Portugal on Monday.If we do they'll knock us out.

In Hodgson's defence, he said that in the immediate aftermath of yesterday's game when it looked like our half of the bracket would be quite a bit more balanced.

I'm quite magnaminous about the route to the final to be perfectly honest. There's a good chance we'll play Hungary now, with France waiting in the quarters if we win that. A victory there pits us against Germany in the semis. The winner of that semi-final looks like playing Croatia.

So, to win the tournament, we'd have to beat two of the top four nations who qualified. In what other competition would you not expect that to be the case?

But we are now on the harder side of the draw.We did have it easier...but came 2nd

A way to go yet, but IF Hungary beat Portugal and Iceland beat Austria, then we play Iceland next up. Both are winning at the moment for those living on Mars.

Actually I predicted 4 teams to reach the SF.France,Germany,Spain, and Italy.That prediction was made before a ball was kicked.

Haven't looked at the way the draw might go but I'd still expect two of those teams to reach the final (plus possibly Croatia as I said).

The only team I've added was Coatia,after last night's performance against Spain,which was the first time I'd seen them play in this tournament.I was impressed.

How would your three team final work? Are we getting triangular pitches?

Spain are playing Italy.

I think the debate about whether Barna was right or wrong is probably done now. Let's please move on.

A way to go yet, but IF Hungary beat Portugal and Iceland beat Austria, then we play Iceland next up. Both are winning at the moment for those living on Mars.

Have Wales got Portugal as it stands?

Back