• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

I'm watching Sweden vs Ukraine. Can't say that the first half has been that exciting. We play whoever wins this one.

Another game goes to extra-time. Will this give England an edge? Probably not with four days between games.

Out of the 8 quarter-finalists, 3 won their group, 2 finished 2nd and 3 finished 3rd. Shows group stage performance means very little.

Ukraine on Saturday, with a couple of bad injuries (Yarmalenko being out will hurt them). Both their goals were from crosses as well.

Last time we played Ukraine in the Euros finished in a 1-0 wins thanks to a Rooney goal in 2012.

Last edited:
Out of the 8 quarter-finalists, 3 won their group, 2 finished 2nd and 3 finished 3rd. Shows group stag performance means very little.

Ukraine on Saturday, with a couple of bad injuries (Yarmalenko being out will hurt them). Both their goals were from crosses as well.

Last time we played Ukraine in the Euros finished in a 1-0 wins thanks to a Rooney goal in 2012.

Maybe that was the problem for the teams that finished 3rd?

Was perhaps a tad supried to see Luis Enrique at a pre-match press conference yesterday, when he was asked if he had seen a better team than Spain in the tournament, thought about it for some time and eventually came up with a one word answer "No".Don't think the Swiss will swing any suprises later today but Italy might well in the SF (assuming Spain get that far).Think most neutrals would agree that Italy's style of play is far more attractive to watch than Spain's.

Last edited:
Spain have scored 10 goals in the last 2 games, that’s pretty attractive!!. But they’ll not find the Swiss easy .. they should progress (just) but Italy, well Belgium will be a bigger test than Austria with or without De Bruyne and Eden Hazard. Can’t call that one. I did call Italy to win the whole thing at the start but now who knows?? Two great games in prospect!

Graeme Souness, I can't stand this bloke as a pundit on ITV.
The trick is to wait until five minutes before ko and then turn the channel on. All pre-emptive bollocks done and dusted and here comes the footie. Simples!!

Alternatively, switch to ESPN and marvel at how much the Yanks ruin the beautiful game.

Spain's top goalscorer (Mr Own Goal) gives them the lead.

Winning these tournaments is all about luck and we see it so often.

Wouldn't it be nice for a team to win it with a game plan who went all the way without letting in a goal. I think we can do that and make history, I really do....

Winning these tournaments is all about luck and we see it so often.

Wouldn't it be nice for a team to win it with a game plan who went all the way without letting in a goal. I think we can do that and make history, I really do....

More luck for the Spanish.

Think the refereeing has been really good this tournament but that's just a poor decision from the English ref. He's gone for the ball, it wasn't dangerous but the ref has bought the dive and assumed it was far worse than it actually was. Ruined what was set to be an exciting finish.

Back