• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
As someone who doesn't live in the Southend area have noticed recently that to read articles on their website you need to subscribe to do so.There was a time you could read for free but that doesn't always work.As anyone else experienced the same problem?

Would appear so - in my opinion it is worth a nominal fee to subscribe. Local newspapers are vital for our democracy and unfortunately they've been left to rack and ruin over the last ten years or so. If a few quid every months helps raise standards then I'm happy to pay it.

Yes they started charging a couple of weeks ago, no matter where you are. They give you a free allowance and then ask you to subscribe. Unfortunately if you see a story that interests you and you would like to make a comment, the comments section are infested with loads of trolls. Someone on there mentioned it last week saying out of 27 comments on a story, only 5 were about the actual story. All the rest were name calling and verbal threats, and threats of violence. There's one sick one at the moment that keeps going on about how he maims animals. I think the subscription is fair, but I wish they would police and ban the trolls.

As someone who doesn't live in the Southend area have noticed recently that to read articles on their website you need to subscribe to do so.There was a time you could read for free but that doesn't always work.As anyone else experienced the same problem?
I registered first so was able to read a few more articles then when I looked in the My account section there was a newsletter tab which I could use to subscribe to certain newsletter subscriptions ( free of charge). These are emailed to me during the day and from there I can then read any other stories on the Echo website. Not ideal I know but better than nothing!

I've seen a few people saying this, it's not something I've noticed, and I don't pay a fee?

I’ve had this, supposedly you can read 20 stories a day, which is BS as I’m a member but can read about 3 stories and then it gives up, so I’ve stopped going on there now as it’s a waste of time!

I’ve had this, supposedly you can read 20 stories a day, which is BS as I’m a member but can read about 3 stories and then it gives up, so I’ve stopped going on there now as it’s a waste of time!
Experienced the same problem clearly the Echo want you to pay

All you have to do is register and you can continue reading for free, worked for me, why pay ?

I registered first so was able to read a few more articles then when I looked in the My account section there was a newsletter tab which I could use to subscribe to certain newsletter subscriptions ( free of charge). These are emailed to me during the day and from there I can then read any other stories on the Echo website. Not ideal I know but better than nothing!

Thanks.I've just registered for this.Is it a daily newsletter?

None of the above solutions work for me. I'm prevented from reading all articles even when they are emailed to me.

All you have to do is register and you can continue reading for free, worked for me, why pay ?

As i did earlier today. Like others, i was told i'd read 17 articles, & if i wanted to continue after 20, i had to subscribe.
I did this, but no mention anywhere of having to pay for it.

I gave my details and still get messages to say I have to register. Signed in several times and it's just a bit of a mess tbh. I'll just give it a swerve

Back