• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Excellent result for the yoofs tonight - well done to all. Shame the OS couldn't spell check the headline.

519ffe07-3457-3ce9.jpg

Nice to see a Southend team playing without fear. I liked in particular our lad on the right, there's a few League 2 defenders that wouldn't fancy facing him. Only letting one goal in at home before fighting back was also a bonus and the equaliser was a cracker.

Nice to see a Southend team playing without fear. I liked in particular our lad on the right, there's a few League 2 defenders that wouldn't fancy facing him. Only letting one goal in at home before fighting back was also a bonus and the equaliser was a cracker.

Hicham Abdellah was one of the finalists on Football's Next Star on Sky where young footballers try to win a contract at Inter Milan. For anyone interested see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqO-6vYmfq8 (see 21 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iPgJu4rFic (he scores 2 in this game)

Went to the match tonight, can't fault any of the comments already made, apart from i thought our number 5 had a blinding game.

Nice to see some 1st teamers there, saw screech, comminges, mohsni, barker & easton sharing some crisps in the bar at half time

Also noticed our beloved chairman turn just up before kick off.

UTB :happy:

Also went along. great result, good performance and as above the standout players Abdellah (the goal was a screamer), and Okai along with Ferdinand who was a cut above and fully justified his first tem call up. The jury's still out for me for Ofori-Acheampong bit of an attitude thing going and I suspect did not have one of his better games but still managed to notch.

The Bloke Behind Me still managed to moan throughout the whole game... no pleasing some people.

Last edited:
Great result. Was sitting behind Barnet striker Ricky Holmes who seemed like he enjoyed.
No reason why Southend cannot go and beat Derby.
Well done chaps. Exceptional team performance.

To be honnest this does not excite me we will sell most of them for **** all hardly any will come through to the first team!

Good result though.

I can see 4 or 5 of this team getting a chance within the next 12 months. Ferdinand, Woodyard, Stevens & Okai in particular. Nesbitt the left back had a stormer last night

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see 4 or 5 of this team getting a chance within the next 12 months. Ferdinand, Woodyard, Stevens & Okai in particular. Nesbitt the left back had a stormer last night

I can see most of them never getting through due to being sold due to the state of the finances

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honnest this does not excite me we will sell most of them for **** all hardly any will come through to the first team!

Good result though.

Why don't you post something constructive, eh?

Much deserved result for the boys and it's pleasing to hear some of the stand-out performances coming from the players you wouldn't expect. I saw Abdellah a few months ago and thought he was a bit too limited a player to go far in the game, but it sounds as if he's come on leaps and bounds since joining us and getting regular football. O'Archie seems to have this knack of finding the net this season.

It'll be just reward for the team should they beat Derby and get a decent tie, hopefully at home.

Last edited:
Hicham Abdellah was one of the finalists on Football's Next Star on Sky where young footballers try to win a contract at Inter Milan. For anyone interested see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqO-6vYmfq8 (see 21 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iPgJu4rFic (he scores 2 in this game)

In the Essex Senior cup game at Chelmsford, Abdellah was the player that impressed my son and I most - he looks quality, would like to see him get at least a sub appearance at some point. He looks better than Louie Soares!

What is the keeper like?

I know Turner rated him, and he's produced some sterling performances for the youths when I've seen him... Could probably be a bit more commanding of his box and he needs some work, but I feel there's a good League 'keeper in Bentley. Still a bit too early to gauge just how far he could go, mind.

The Derby site says match is scheduled for Tues 25th January at Pride Park, so a nice big stadium for ours to play in. Hope to go as I live very near - really great to have something to be proud of for the club at last!

Back