• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jtsouthend

Youth Team
Another good initative by Southend United for the match v York City on October 27 and let's hope it is well supported.

I am a mad keen Southend United fan but also double up as a rugby coach on Sundays.

I will be bringing a party of 25 from Basildon U15's into the North Bank for the game...told them about the atmosphere there on match days, so I am sure it will rammed in there and rocking.

Anyone else arranging for groups to attend this match?

What do people think we should expect crowd wise? I would have thought about 7000 should be achieveable?

I'm flying over from Prague for the match and bringing with me 2 Czechs.... Lets hope the promotional things can add a few more on the gate.

I am bringing 3 fellow Eastern European with me, a polish, lithunianan & Russian with me :D I hope it's be 7'500 on the day with us rising into top 7!

Another good initative by Southend United for the match v York City on October 27 and let's hope it is well supported.

I am a mad keen Southend United fan but also double up as a rugby coach on Sundays.

I will be bringing a party of 25 from Basildon U15's into the North Bank for the game...told them about the atmosphere there on match days, so I am sure it will rammed in there and rocking.

Anyone else arranging for groups to attend this match?

What do people think we should expect crowd wise? I would have thought about 7000 should be achieveable?

Basildon Wanderers or Basildon Town Under 15's?

Why does online booking still say £4 for a kid.

:facepalm:

edit. Just read details, not available online. Bah.

Depends on what she sees as prioirity.

South Upper - Best View
North Bank - Best Atmosphere
East Stand - If she wants to shout stupid comments at the first sign of an error from one of our players and also wants to inform the Ref and his Assistants of the laws of the game.

Why does online booking still say £4 for a kid.

:facepalm:

edit. Just read details, not available online. Bah.

Yeah I had to get mine and my sons tickets over the phone and pay a booking fee.
Don't see why they can't do this promotion 'on line' ?

Depends on what she sees as prioirity.

South Upper - Best View
North Bank - Best Atmosphere
East Stand - If she wants to shout stupid comments at the first sign of an error from one of our players and also wants to inform the Ref and his Assistants of the laws of the game, that they often get wrong.

East stand is the best view in my opinion. You do get posts but if you get a fairly high seat its better than the South Stand if you are like me and want to watch the game "side on".

Those last comments arent far from the truth, but edited for accuracy. How many times do people complain about the time it takes for a linesman to flag when all he is doing is waiting for the player to 'come into play'.

Basildon Wanderers or Basildon Town Under 15's?

Basildon RFC (as I said I am also a rugby coach)...the number has now risen to 28 and I am sure a few more on the day. But all the boys like both sports.

I checkily use all the SUFC songs as part of our pre match routine in the dressing room (but obviously convert the words to Basildon).

Basildon RFC (as I said I am also a rugby coach)...the number has now risen to 28 and I am sure a few more on the day. But all the boys like both sports.

I checkily use all the SUFC songs as part of our pre match routine in the dressing room (but obviously convert the words to Basildon).

Ah yes I should have noticed the rugby bit!
Well done for bringing so many extra for this match, if a couple come back every now and then for other matches then this offer has been worth it.

East stand is the best view in my opinion. You do get posts but if you get a fairly high seat its better than the South Stand if you are like me and want to watch the game "side on".

Those last comments arent far from the truth, but edited for accuracy. How many times do people complain about the time it takes for a linesman to flag when all he is doing is waiting for the player to 'come into play'.

I tend to move around ( North Bank for York game as my son keeps pestering me ! ) , but mostly sit in the East Reds.
Yeah , you're right , I prefer somewhere near the back as you can see most of the pitch , even on the far side , but usually get a post obscuring one part.
A lot of the fans there do hack me off big time though.
I'm all for 'paying your money and having your say' etc , but a lot of them are so negative and ready to jump on the first mistake , even if we've tried to keep the ball.
Very little appreciation from some of either the laws or indeed how we should be playing.
Moan when we hoof it ( last season ) and moan when a short pass gets intercepted.

Ah yes I should have noticed the rugby bit!
Well done for bringing so many extra for this match, if a couple come back every now and then for other matches then this offer has been worth it.

Exactly...most of these kids have never been to a live league match and they will love the atmosphere in the North Bank. I am a great believer in kids getting out to watch any live sport and will be encouraging them to come back.

I have seen it done a couple of times but SUFC may want to think about building alliances with other sports clubs in the Essex area. Offer a youth season ticket (at a good price) which maybe allows you into SUFC, maybe some rugby or hockey matches etc. The sticking point with any deal like this is how do you split the revenue from such a season ticket sale.

Exactly...most of these kids have never been to a live league match and they will love the atmosphere in the North Bank. I am a great believer in kids getting out to watch any live sport and will be encouraging them to come back.

I have seen it done a couple of times but SUFC may want to think about building alliances with other sports clubs in the Essex area. Offer a youth season ticket (at a good price) which maybe allows you into SUFC, maybe some rugby or hockey matches etc. The sticking point with any deal like this is how do you split the revenue from such a season ticket sale.

I know how Ron would want to split it...............................

Back