• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

Dan Roan of the BBC has tweeted .......

Am told that sports were informed by officials at meeting with DCMS today that ban on fans will be kept under review, but that they shouldn’t expect them back until at least the end of March.
Football, rugby, cricket, F1, & horse-racing were on the call

March? That will kill a lot of clubs.

Dan Roan of the BBC has tweeted .......

Am told that sports were informed by officials at meeting with DCMS today that ban on fans will be kept under review, but that they shouldn’t expect them back until at least the end of March.
Football, rugby, cricket, F1, & horse-racing were on the call
That ties in with the 6 months mentioned by Boris earlier.

As for the CEO of Swansea, who doesn't appear to have too many worries. His memory can't be that long when they were languishing, like us in the third and fourth divisions. Can't be that bad when you can still feel the glow of the parachute payments for their period in the Premiership. Doesn't appear aware that not every club has had that advantage.

Yep, fair points. Nothing is guaranteed, and be foolish to predict otherwise at this point.

I guess I’m more hopeful & optimistic this time around, due to the fact that the council want this to happen as much as we do.

Indeed. I'm more optimistic too. I just think we need to be more realistic with the timescale.

I genuinely fear now for the future of our football club, I think without help we will go bust. Nobody will want to buy the club and Ron has not got the cash flow to keep this going, Let’s not kid ourselves we are an attractive proposition, we are not.

I imagine we will be wound up finally by the HMRC next month. Our only hope is the collective football clubs get together, but I can see that happening with PremierShite Greed....Bale on £600k a week....the world has gone mad!

The government will not help out and why should they, we are not an essential industry.

I think this will be the final nail in the coffin for the English football league system as we know it and the unique 92 professional football clubs in one country. I imagine 2 divisions and semi pro beneath that with us having to rebuild much further down the pyramid....worrying and such sad times indeed,

The end of our football club as we know it....so sad....I never will get to complete the 92!!

I genuinely fear now for the future of our football club, I think without help we will go bust. Nobody will want to buy the club and Ron has not got the cash flow to keep this going, Let’s not kid ourselves we are an attractive proposition, we are not.

I imagine we will be wound up finally by the HMRC next month. Our only hope is the collective football clubs get together, but I can see that happening with PremierShite Greed....Bale on £600k a week....the world has gone mad!

The government will not help out and why should they, we are not an essential industry.

I think this will be the final nail in the coffin for the English football league system as we know it and the unique 92 professional football clubs in one country. I imagine 2 divisions and semi pro beneath that with us having to rebuild much further down the pyramid....worrying and such sad times indeed,

The end of our football club as we know it....so sad....I never will get to complete the 92!!

I get exactly why you’ve posted what you have , but if it’s ‘no hope’ why would Ron have ‘part paid’ last week ?
If you know the game is up then that seems an odd thing to do surely ?

I get exactly why you’ve posted what you have , but if it’s ‘no hope’ why would Ron have ‘part paid’ last week ?
If you know the game is up then that seems an odd thing to do surely ?
Difference is that last week Ron was expecting to see the turnstiles starting to click in the coming weeks. Not any more...

Difference is that last week Ron was expecting to see the turnstiles starting to click in the coming weeks. Not any more...

Ron always thought that it would be early 2021 when football returned to some sort of normality so I don't think he was banking on any extra revenue before then.

By hook or by crook I'm confident that Ron will find the money before 26th October.

You sound like my wife!* You don't know all this will happen. It might, it might not. It is not certain that it will.

*Though I wish my wife cared at all for football and the goings on at Southend

Ron always thought that it would be early 2021 when football returned to some sort of normality so I don't think he was banking on any extra revenue before then.

By hook or by crook I'm confident that Ron will find the money before 26th October.
He was quick enough to take our season card money though if that's what he thought! Hope they'll put this money onto next season if we don't get to watch this season ( if we're still going that is!) :Unsure: :Cry:

He was quick enough to take our season card money though if that's what he thought! Hope they'll put this money onto next season if we don't get to watch this season ( if we're still going that is!) :Unsure: :Cry:
Can’t see that as we are getting i follow which is £10 per game, is a difference in cost But cant see them or any club refunding unless you approach to cancel the ticket now

I don't think he was that quick taking our money. If I recall correctly a number of people on here were moaning it was taking to long to finalise the session ticket details!!!

Tangled your embarrassing and an example of why politics cant be discussed on here any more

Besides which holocaust do you mean the one where 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen and is still covered up or the more well known one involving Nazis and Jews?

We both know that you were one of the two people involved in the spat which caused the politics thread to be closed down (and I wasn't the other party).

There was only one Holocaust that I'm aware of.

So I can go and watch a film in an enclosed box with other people for 2/3 hours but I can't watch a game of football in the same kind of socially distanced seating in a venue that is basically outside.

Ridiculous

Back