• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fantastic Support

Just like to say how amazing the support was tonight. I didn't hear any bad mouthing about players. Once they scored their first, the support didn't go all silent, but in fact burst out all in song showing our support for the team!

Had a great night but well done to everybody in the Shrimpers end that made the atmosphere. I can't remember hearing the Hamsters sing, and at the end when all that was echoing around Upon Park was...

Southend & We're Proud Of It

... just amazing.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 25 2004,00:45)]Just like to say how amazing the support was tonight. I didn't hear any bad mouthing about players. Once they scored their first, the support didn't go all silent, but in fact burst out all in song showing our support for the team!

Had a great night but well done to everybody in the Shrimpers end that made the atmosphere. I can't remember hearing the Hamsters sing, and at the end when all that was echoing around Upon Park was...

Southend & We're Proud Of It

... just amazing.  
smile.gif
Seconded

'Are you Tottenham in disguise?

Its nice to hear youre here

Youre supposed to be at home

Premier League youre having a larf

Wheres your carrick gone?'

Loud and proud

It certainly was amazing was'nt it?

Very proud to be a shrimper.

Still can't believe they let scum like that sit above away supporters though! It's not on.

wow.gif

If we can play like that against a Championship side then im sure we can up our peformance in league 2.

Well done to ALL who made the atmosphere fantastic!

The southend support tonight, was about 10 times louder than the west ham fans, and i think the great support acted as a 12th man for the shrimpers on the pitch, and it certianly showed in the southend performance.

The support was infact superb. Singing almost constantly throughout the match.

West Ham only started "singing" when they were winning.

"One song...you've only got one song...you've only got one song"

('Bubbles' if you were wondering)

Throat feeling very sore today but hell its worth it!! Sang our hearts for the blues last night and it was a pleasure to see the 11 blues on the pitch play their hearts out for the blues!! Great Night.....hopefully the lift we needed!!

Magnificent support - it was nice to hear for once complete backing for the team without the usual "Maher you're s**t" etc etc. It's just a shame we didn't get the goal that noth the team and the fans deserved.

Cry on the tele, we saw you cry on the tele !!!!!

Can only underline what has already been said, absolutley cracking support.

Makes you Proud to be a Shrimper  
biggrin.gif

P.S. It was also great to meet so many of you off here

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Aug. 25 2004,01:35)]So lets reproduce that for the Macclesfield game on Monday, ok?
Spot on.

I'd be far more impressed with our support if they actually got behind the team when we are struggling at home in a game we were expected to win.

Its one thing raising your game for a one-off glamourous cup match in which you have nothing to lose, its another thing to produce it week in, week out against the likes of Macclesfield, Bristol Rovers and Rushden.

That applies equally to the fans as it does to players like Kevin Maher.

Outstanding support, sang our hearts out and 'Southend, and we're proud of it' at the end was something that I'll always remember. Completely embarased the home fans, they were rubbish and those 15 year old chavs in the corner near us were so funny, especially when they left after about half an hour
laugh.gif
Best atmosphere at a Southend game I've ever heard, hardly any moaning.

"You're not famous any more!"
biggrin.gif

Back