• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With things going quite well so far this season (15 seconds away from being top of the table), I wonder what have been your favourite moments so far?

Here's mine for starters .......... (in no particular order)

Fred's last minute goal against Burton
Prosser's last minute goal against York
Listening to The Smiths (This charming man) before kick-off at Hartlepool (made me all gooey inside)

Close 4th

A Southend fan shouting "Rubbish - get him off" at Strakes as he just fails to score a 3rd goal in 10 minutes against Morecambe.

:thumbsup:

Corr's goal at Pompey to cap an unlikely comeback from 1-0 down with 10 men
Prosser's last minute winner at home to York
The final whistle against Dagenham in the JPT/Newport away. Sheer relief.

Having only attended four games this season, I haven't got much to go on but there again I think I've had the luck to choose my games bloody well.

In no particular order:-

Prosser's winning goal against York.
Against the odds..........Atkinson's equalising goal at Portsmouth
Against ALL odds............Corr's winning goal at Portsmouth

A close fourth........Eastwood's equalising goal at Chesterfield.....'inutile' in the end but who was to know that?

seeing over 9,000 fans again inside roots hall, wish it was like it every home game.

- The opening of Fossets Farm
- Kevin Maher kicking off his testimonial in the first game at FF
- Ron being given the freedom the City of Southend ........

Oh wait ..........

In all seriousness . Mine are more broad.

- improvement of Leonard
- team togetherness
- Brown winning over the doubters.

For me the last point is the most important. Because I've been watching Southend for 25 years and its always been the same , a negative Roots Hall is such a miserable and dire place, it surely must affect the players. People getting behind the team and management team makes a pleasing change. Long may it continue !!

In all seriousness . Mine are more broad.

- improvement of Leonard
- team togetherness
- Brown winning over the doubters.

I think you can point to an improvement in several players, whether that is due to coaching or due to being given the freedom to try and play football, I don't care. I'd love to see Coker show what he can really do - there's always one or two times a game he goes on a great run, shows pace and skill and puts in a decent cross. I guess playing behind Straker he has to pick and choose his moments...

anyway:
- improvement in general play...
-team spirit when down to 10 men
- Timlin getting back to his best after such a long time out

Freddy's late goal at Burton
Corr's last minute goal at Pompey
The way the team have played for each other and stuck together under Phil Brown's leadership.
It does reming me of the year we went up under Tilly.

1 - the last minute winner at Burton, as I managed to capture a freeze frame image of the ball entering the net with me celebrating in the background.

2- my brother, who is firmly in the anti-Straker camp, texting me for a score update milli-seconds after Straker put us one up against Mansfield

3- the thread about re-locating to Dagenham, 'cos it brightened up the working day

Freddy's late goal at Burton
Corr's last minute goal at Pompey
The way the team have played for each other and stuck together under Phil Brown's leadership.
It does reming me of the year we went up under Tilly.

Corr's wasn't a last minute goal... there was 7 minutes left.

However, that is my best moment, second is the 22 man passing move which led to our 3rd v Mansfield and 3rd is the fact that we are in the automatic places and almost safe from relegation!

Back