• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

meadyboy

I am fed up with Phil Browns excuses and team changes. Yes he's gonna change it again next week. Nearing the end of the season and he still does not know his best eleven. This squad with different manager equals promotion.

I am fed up with Phil Browns excuses and team changes. Yes he's gonna change it again next week. Nearing the end of the season and he still does not know his best eleven. This squad with different manager equals promotion.
I remember people used to moan that Phil Brown was incapable of making changes, not so long ago! I think the team changes were justified this week and I was pretty happy with the team that went out.

I think Brown has a good idea of his best 11, but form, opposition etc. is going to mean the starting 11 doesn't stay the same each week.

Also, it's not like we've had exactly the same squad from August until now - people have come in and people have gone out, making it more difficult to know what combinations work best together.

We're fifth in the league, I honestly don't think we would be any higher with a different manager, not to mention players like Piggott probably wouldn't even have been signed if we had someone else in charge.

We're fifth in the league, I honestly don't think we would be any higher with a different manager, not to mention players like Piggott probably wouldn't even have been signed if we had someone else in charge.

Honestly even when on our greatest undefeated runs this year (mostly draws) has anybody really felt we were a promotion team. To me I have always felt we were pushing our luck being so high in this league as performances on the whole especially at home have been dire at times.

Of course I want us to go up, I think play-offs though at best is where we will end up.

Honestly even when on our greatest undefeated runs this year (mostly draws) has anybody really felt we were a promotion team. To me I have always felt we were pushing our luck being so high in this league as performances on the whole especially at home have been dire at times.

Of course I want us to go up, I think play-offs though at best is where we will end up.

100% agree, we flirted with the top 3 but have lost the last 2 games since which sums it up really.

Maybe this is all a strategy to put some more money in the coffers by going through the play offs!

Would love to see some of these posters run the team on our budget and keep us in the hunt.

Most would be out of depth in a paddling pool , let alone a football pitch.

Might be better if they tried to get a new supporters group to be the voice of the supporters and speak to the club, how hard can that be, oh on second thoughts ....

UTS

Not really sure who is actually making the team selection decisions, is Brown or Penney? Either way the inconsistancy and the lack of partnerships on the pitch is costing us severely in my opinion. How can the two centre backs or forwards (whover they are) know each others positioning if they have a different partner every b**dy week, and how can the midfiled know where to put the ball if the striker/s are always different!

It is obvious to me that the management don't know who the best 11 are, and how come Brown says on the radio that if a player is in the team and playing well - he is there to stay...... then drops him / them?

Personally I have had enough of being bored silly at RH and judging by what happened with Sturrock, I think it's time for PB and Penney to go, they have had long enough. Lets get a younger manager in who is hungry, has ambition and has modern day footballing mentality and tactics.

No doubt that PB will go if we dont go up. Ron has backed him to the hilt, we have enough players to fill two very good starting elevens. PB has been given the tools, he needs to deliver or it will be bye bye.

I think he has lacked a bit of tactical nous since he has been here. :winking:

Loving Tactical nous since 2008.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...xt_seasons_Phil_Brown_in_the_Premier_League_/

We have a good squad of players, we have though a very average manager.

this is absolutely spot, continuing to under achieve year on year and never ever look like finally being a top 3 club. I'm actually bored of him..... I don't think he's brought anything to the table improvement wise since he's come to the club

I think he has lacked a bit of tactical nous since he has been here. :winking:

Loving Tactical nous since 2008.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...xt_seasons_Phil_Brown_in_the_Premier_League_/

We have a good squad of players, we have though a very average manager.

Still remember that rubbish he came out with after the Shrewsbury home game about games of chess and how much of a tactical genius had is, as I remember it we defended for 88 minutes after an early goal and we were desperately lucky to hold on. I believe Brown talks a load of crap, he's quick enough to big himself up but rarely gives the players much credit. I hope I'm wrong but believe we've missed any chance of automatic promotion, if by any chance we do go up I'm happy to eat humble pie but I can't see it. Final point, tactical nous, my arse!

No doubt that PB will go if we dont go up. Ron has backed him to the hilt, we have enough players to fill two very good starting elevens. PB has been given the tools, he needs to deliver or it will be bye bye.

Am I right in thinking that PB's new contract never did get signed? If that's the case then I'm sure he'll be off at the end of the season. I'm just gutted that Gillingham managed to secure the services of Justin Edinburgh before we did. He would have been my first choice. A very astute and likeable man who gets the best out of his players.

The man is completely losing the plot. We have been on a good run. Following the loss to Accrington and considering the style of Stevenage a few adjustments were required - but not wholesale changes. He talks about nous but has none himself. He was talking about the physical aspects of Stevenage and yet puts Payne and Coulthurst on the bench instead of Westy and Barney. For christ sake Courthurst has not put in a proper tackle all season! Then he drops our best defender for the past few games (Thommo) completely out of the squad for the liability called Bodger and on the bench Binbag-Williams. Unbelieveable!

He needs to stop blaming the players publicly and start taking responsibility fir his own actions. The is the second game running where we have not looked up fir it and where team selection was poor. Play to iur strengtgs rather than paying the opposition too much respect. Stevenage are poor but PB has talked then up all week, probably worrying the players.

PB should play the form players irrespective if the opposition. This should include Thompson and exclude JBW, Leonard and Bodger.

Frustrated beyond belief

The thing that has angered me today and still does is that we have been beaten 4-2 today by basically a bunch of long ball hoofers. But whether you like their style or not it was effective on the day. More frustratingly a team 10 points below us at the start of play have scored 4 at home. We are sixth in the table yet our biggest home tally of goals is 2, we have not looked like scoring 4 in a game at home all season. On the way out we walked behind some Stevenage fans who basically said at 2-1 they could have left as there was no way they would win from that point, then the other guy said that was the first time he had ever seen them score 4 in a game. Then you hear on the radio the lad that won the penalty, scored the third and set up the fourth was 18 playing his fourth ever game, on the radio they said he was a game changer. Our potential game changer didn't produce, how different it might have been if Cassidy had scored, who knows. But in the end we have been left frustrated and had to read more complete bollocks from PB about player this and player that. I'm afraid it about time he took a long hard look in the mirror.

Back