• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Microbe

Genetically modified⭐⭐
As above, the BBC Sport site is reporting.

It's his 4th speeding offence and has now reached 12 points so banned for 6 months and fined £350

Also reported he earns £690 per week from Southend United

Just read this, and if true I am stunned that he's not on more. Although I wonder if that's his base salary and he gets more when he plays, which would make sense with his injury record?

Maybe that puts into perspective some of the silly figures that people 'in the know' band about on here as to certain players wages.
Earns probably less than a brickie ?

Still in the twighlight of his career. Many fans would like to be on this salary.

Just read this, and if true I am stunned that he's not on more. Although I wonder if that's his base salary and he gets more when he plays, which would make sense with his injury record?
Precisely, far too much emphasis is put on " per week" and it also explains why sometimes there are such differences in figures. Someone can earn £1000 a week, but earn £78000 in a year. It could be quoted that they earn £1000 a week or £1500 a week and depending on the context both answers are correct.

So he didn't bend the truth about how much he earns to get a lesser fine then.

Ok, glad that's sorted.

Probably on a basic of that +
£1000 for a clean sheet
£500 a win
£500 starting and finishing a game
Bonus for playing in 30+ games
Bonus for promotion ie 35k

A good season and heavily involved equals big money

I suspect that's the case, his age is probably a factor as well, his legs already seem to be going, if he doesn't have a second season in him then this limits the cost.

Probably on a basic of that +
£1000 for a clean sheet
£500 a win
£500 starting and finishing a game
Bonus for playing in 30+ games
Bonus for promotion ie 35k

A good season and heavily involved equals big money

there are no win bonuses at the club. Bonuses I think are limited to promotion.

Logistically. Where does ferdinand live? How will he get to work now.

I thought it was established he is on a low basic but high per play contract ?

Good question Tommy... how will he get to work ?....

I thought it was established he is on a low basic but high per play contract ?

Good question Tommy... how will he get to work ?....

Wow, if only other people could drive you around instead of you doing it. :facepalm:

Wow, if only other people could drive you around instead of you doing it. :facepalm:

It's funny how some people are so convinced of their own cleverness and others stupidity that they respond to irony with sneering sarcasm.... and don't see the irony.

I wonder if he got "done" for excess speed on the A127?
The oddity (of the road speed) of it being 40 from a fifty; and before that (towards London way) of it going from 70 to 50 can be a bit of a catch.
For me I was so used to it being 70 to the borough boundary that I have feared the average speed cameras getting me many times when the traffic is light and it is too easy to carry on from the 70 unintentionally.
I would rather it just went to 40 after the A130/A127 junction and BIG warning signs were there.
However that is just conjecture as Anton might have picked up his points anywhere.
Weren't Tims offences on the A127?

Back