• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Bit obvious I know but we watched Contagion the other night, what an eye opener! Now I understand where the authorities got all their Coronavirus ideas from. Its all in there, lock-downs, social distancing, manic hand-washing, the lot!

Please allow me to put a word in for Lionel Shriver's "The Mandibles." She even predicted the loo-roll shortages. :Winking:

Saw Lindsay Anderson's"O Lucky Man" again last night.If anything it was more cynical than I remembered.Always loved AlanPrice's music for this.Dawned on me that it must have been about Helen Mirren's first film too.

Bit obvious I know but we watched Contagion the other night, what an eye opener! Now I understand where the authorities got all their Coronavirus ideas from. Its all in there, lock-downs, social distancing, manic hand-washing, the lot!

Even had the manic denier offical, a femail Trump if you like.

Saw Scorsese's Mean Streets again last night .Always loved the way the soundtrack is dovetailed into the action scenes.Don't think I've ever seen De Niro in a better role.

I mentioned that last year. De Niro is absolutely brilliant in it. Totally believable character. Many of us have come across a person that would beg, steal, borrow and bare face lie, and make false promises. I love American mafia films. I would say this is my third favourite after Godfather 1 and 2. Once again, the right actors for the right parts. Great film.

Enjoyed seeing The History Boys again last night.I was lucky enough to see this at the NT back in the day.Always enjoyed Alan Bennett's stuff for stage or screen.Same cast for the film.Richard Griffiths and Frances De la Tour were superb in both.As was the young Richard Cordon.

Back