• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Get outta here!
But your film sounds so bad that it is brilliant Just as "Plan 9" is.
Seriously have you seen "Plan 9" the Ed Wood classic?.

I have an Ed Wood boxset that I purchased in the U S.
Another director to look out for is William Castle who made films and used gimmics.
This is worth seeing.
1692114807452.png

Last edited:
Tough guy?

He'd last 5 minutes on Southend High Street on a Saturday night.
Look at "the gun" opening scene from this film
He was George Raft NOT George Daft!
That scene will have those Muppets on Southend High Street running for cover.!

Please reply with your opinion of the scene.

Saw and enjoyed Esperando a Dali (Waiting for Dali ) earlier.Well worth wacthing when it gets a UK release (presumably early next year),especially for Dali/Gala fans or anyone who's been to Cadaques or Port Llegat or fans of light humour in general.

Last edited:
The unlikely pilgramage Of Harold Fry,For some reason neither Pete Bradshaw (in the Grauniad) nor Baldy liked this.Pity both Mrs Tangled and I thought it an excellent film yesterday.Seems to me that Jinm Broadbent just keeps on making better and better films these days.

Last edited:
Tangled, Mrs Baldy and I are fans of Jim Broadbent---It was really going well until a bunch of silly unbathed hippies appears on screen.

I mean I'm no populist, but it's won more awards than 99% of films. Plus an incredible cast, an amazing soundtrack and a good overarching story. Sure, it's American schmaltz but it's well-written and Hanks is the James Stewart of our time.
We're agreed on that at least!

I mean I'm no populist, but it's won more awards than 99% of films. Plus an incredible cast, an amazing soundtrack and a good overarching story. Sure, it's American schmaltz but it's well-written and Hanks is the James Stewart of our time.
Ah James Stewart----"Rear Window" (and the wonderful Grace Kelly) phew.

Back