• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Fixture Changes Here

Was waiting for this, what is the point?

Surely Southend and Essex's finest can host 2k Leeds fans??? Clearly not, oh well. Looks like a day off and a day on the pleasure beach. Anyone fancy ago on the dodgems?

Was waiting for this, what is the point?

Surely Southend and Essex's finest can host 2k Leeds fans??? Clearly not, oh well. Looks like a day off and a day on the pleasure beach. Anyone fancy ago on the dodgems?

We just don't like 2k dirty northerners coming down here on a Saturday afternoon and spoiling the look of Southend's stunning seafront!!!

I either finish at 1 or work late. Either way i'm having a half day i think, i claim shotgun on the coin slot machines at the end of the pier. I fancy a pocket full of 2 pence coins

I either finish at 1 or work late. Either way i'm having a half day i think, i claim shotgun on the coin slot machines at the end of the pier. I fancy a pocket full of 2 pence coins

You'll need a lot to buy me all those beers you promised :D

Should be a fantastic atmosphere. It has been the last two seasons, but with it being played on a Friday night it should be even better.

Friday isn't anywhere near as bad as Tuesday. Expect the Millwall game to be changed too, it's Carnival day.

No mention on the official SUFC site, yet they are quick enough to advertise raffle tickets priced at £200 each for the chance of winning a box for the season.

I quite like the friday night football every now and then during the season. But there hasnt been any major trouble previously when Leeds have come down, only minor incidents that tend to get blown out of proportion by people who have never seen trouble at football.

No mention on the official SUFC site, yet they are quick enough to advertise raffle tickets priced at £200 each for the chance of winning a box for the season.

I quite like the friday night football every now and then during the season. But there hasnt been any major trouble previously when Leeds have come down, only minor incidents that tend to get blown out of proportion by people who have never seen trouble at football.

For all the "hype" over the hooligan element at Leeds, we have yet to see a problem, apart from the odd drunk. Leicester have a worse reputation & were allowed to run riot!

For all the "hype" over the hooligan element at Leeds, we have yet to see a problem, apart from the odd drunk.
Yeah, I agree with this. On the train back into London after the Leeds game last season their fans were pretty friendly and quite complimentary about us, particularly Laurent, who had a stormer that night. I'd certainly rather share a carriage with Leeds fans than Millwall fans any day.

Regarding the fixture change, I wonder if that means there's a chance of the game being televised?

I fail to understand why southend police stick their noses in for this game. Leeds play most of their other away games on a saturday with no problem, so whats the difference when they come down here?. Bet your life they will insist both the Orient and Millwall games kick off at mid-day as well as Col U on boxing day. They ought to get real and realise we are not living in the seventies with rampaging mobs all over the place, and leave things be.

I fail to understand why southend police stick their noses in for this game. Leeds play most of their other away games on a saturday with no problem, so whats the difference when they come down here?. Bet your life they will insist both the Orient and Millwall games kick off at mid-day as well as Col U on boxing day. They ought to get real and realise we are not living in the seventies with rampaging mobs all over the place, and leave things be.

The point is Tony that the FA & the clubs gave up running football long ago and it is now seemingly in the hands of the TV companies and the OB who arbitrarily dictate when matches take place.

For all the "hype" over the hooligan element at Leeds, we have yet to see a problem, apart from the odd drunk. Leicester have a worse reputation & were allowed to run riot!

"Were the best behaved supporters in the land......."

In all seriousness there has been no trouble when we have played you. The only thing close was a couple of years back when a few thugs pretending to be stewards picked on someone who stood up for themself. A good few of the away stewards pose more of a risk then the majority of our fans.

We are no angels but there hasn't been any trouble for years. I wonder whether the overtime plays any part in police thinking :whistling:

The point is Tony that the FA & the clubs gave up running football long ago and it is now seemingly in the hands of the TV companies and the OB who arbitrarily dictate when matches take place.

:clap: Football fans now are second rate citizens. Whilst sky etc are pumping money into football, we aren't needed. Does anyone think that the majority of clubs or players care about us? And to think they wonder why people are giving up on the game.

Why do we have to get this information about our home fixtures from another club's website?

Back