• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Fixture Changes Here

I think Leeds is more a pre-emptive (is that right?) move, though as others have said, recent history doesn't indicate any issues. Millwall I fully expected to be changed but Orient seems a bit pointless. Less families, more drunken city types if you ask me so more problems on the trains.

I think Leeds is more a pre-emptive (is that right?) move, though as others have said, recent history doesn't indicate any issues. Millwall I fully expected to be changed but Orient seems a bit pointless. Less families, more drunken city types if you ask me so more problems on the trains.

Its still crazy. What issues do we have with each other as clubs??

On a different note i hope that you will find some spare change down the back of the sofa to treat me to a pint. What with the ones promised by MK and Blueblood it should be a cheap night. I clearly remember Blueblood promising that if he ever saw me again he wouldn't let my hand touch my wallet....

Friday nights are great atmosphere games especially against our rivals and big clubs but also maybe at least one of them will be shown on tele!!!

You cheating *******s! Just because you can't beat us on Tuesday or Saturday, you make the game Friday instead! Now I'm going to have to watch us lose whilst really drunk again. :darkcloud:

Another half-day with a drinking session in the City? I'll get TrueBlue along.

Will someone please explain why the police 'request' these games to be changed?. Is it because they think it will lessen the numbers of away fans travelling or maybe more police will be on overtime for an evening kick-off than a saturday afternoon?. What odds the Gillingham and Charlton home games are changed as well, because there is no difference between their away support and the games which have already been moved.

Will someone please explain why the police 'request' these games to be changed?. Is it because they think it will lessen the numbers of away fans travelling or maybe more police will be on overtime for an evening kick-off than a saturday afternoon?. What odds the Gillingham and Charlton home games are changed as well, because there is no difference between their away support and the games which have already been moved.

In fact changing to Friday can in effect cause more problems as "fans" have the chance to be on the lash all day. Having said that the atmosphere at Roots Hall for Friday night games in particular has always been better than that of Saturdays.

In fact changing to Friday can in effect cause more problems as "fans" have the chance to be on the lash all day. Having said that the atmosphere at Roots Hall for Friday night games in particular has always been better than that of Saturdays.

Totally agree with you about friday night atmosphere Harry, but what really peeves me off is that it's such a rush after work friday, whereas saturdays are much more relaxed with more opportunity for a leisurely pint or two at lunchtime. I know Brighton play a couple of miles out of town, but they are also a seaside resort and dont have the fixture changes we have to endure every season. To be honest i would have thought Millwall on a friday is more of a potential powderkeg than if it was played on the saturday. I know someone said it was carnival day, but everyone would be watching the game while the procession was taking place along the sea front!.

Totally agree with you about friday night atmosphere Harry, but what really peeves me off is that it's such a rush after work friday, whereas saturdays are much more relaxed with more opportunity for a leisurely pint or two at lunchtime. I know Brighton play a couple of miles out of town, but they are also a seaside resort and dont have the fixture changes we have to endure every season. To be honest i would have thought Millwall on a friday is more of a potential powderkeg than if it was played on the saturday. I know someone said it was carnival day, but everyone would be watching the game while the procession was taking place along the sea front!.

I think Southend Carnival takes place on the Saturday evening only. I believe the daytime parade was stopped years ago?

I think Southend Carnival takes place on the Saturday evening only. I believe the daytime parade was stopped years ago?

It is, which is exactly why the police don't want a load of Millwall fans staying on and potentially causing trouble down there.

Just think of all the Lakeside visits you will all be doing on the saturdays will be able to polish off the christmas shopping nice and early this year

Sympathy for the Sat fans. but for me this little run of games is brilliant.. Friday night football is a bit of a tradition for us anyway..

Two of the four matches to change (the two that don't have a history of poorly behaved visiting supporters) actually co-incide with England games on the Saturday.

Two of the four matches to change (the two that don't have a history of poorly behaved visiting supporters) actually co-incide with England games on the Saturday.

So why would the police request they should be put back 24 hours?.

I actually prefer Friday night games although it would have been better if they were more evenly spread out.

The Millwall game also clashes with the V Festival so I had expected (and hoped!) Essex police would want this game moved.

Back