• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Fixture Changes Here

I am seriously pixxed off about these changes. It is really hard for me to get to games on Friday night as have to travel with work. Notice no apology to fans on website either. Grrrrrrr!

I am seriously pixxed off about these changes. It is really hard for me to get to games on Friday night as have to travel with work. Notice no apology to fans on website either. Grrrrrrr!

Fixtures are always subject to change (check the smallprint) and now the club is telling us about those changes several months in advance. What have they got to apologise for?

Like a Friday game but would have been a bit better had they been spread out over the season a bit. DOnt really want so many in one place.

Thinking of the possibility of trips for next season................not many consecutive home matches......Saturday and Tuesday........although, as there are so many local games it may be possible to pair up a home and an away fixture.
Perhaps I should pencil in the one that there is in April, as either the Brentford or Brighton games could see us seal promotion;).

Are we going to have any games left on Saturdays? This is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Will someone please explain why the police 'request' these games to be changed?. Is it because they think it will lessen the numbers of away fans travelling or maybe more police will be on overtime for an evening kick-off than a saturday afternoon?. What odds the Gillingham and Charlton home games are changed as well, because there is no difference between their away support and the games which have already been moved.

i wonder if all the changes have anything to do with the club wanting to avoid police costs. after the leicester game last season didn't they say something about not having to pay for police unless they entered the ground.
oh dear, I fear I am straying close to 'ron's only in it for the money' territory.

I think some people on here have forgotten a bit of the club's heritage and tradition that's synonymous with Friday Night At The Hall.

My first ever game was on a Friday. Some of the very best of memories have come from Friday night. Southend also had that bit of eccentric kudos (along with Tranmere) as being well being throughout footballing circles as 'playing on a Friday'.

It frees the weekend up for everyone as well as gives an opportunity for those who work or have other commitments on a Saturday to support their team.

The club have nothing to apologise for.

I think some people on here have forgotten a bit of the club's heritage and tradition that's synonymous with Friday Night At The Hall.

My first ever game was on a Friday. Some of the very best of memories have come from Friday night. Southend also had that bit of eccentric kudos (along with Tranmere) as being well being throughout footballing circles as 'playing on a Friday'.

It frees the weekend up for everyone as well as gives an opportunity for those who work or have other commitments on a Saturday to support their team.

I grew up on Friday night football at The Hall, and we often used to play midweek home games on a Monday night rather than Tuesday as now.
Like Tranmere we played Fridays if we could as it boosted our gate.
Is that still the case now and are Friday night atmospheres still as good? Don't get down to many home games so can't say but wonder what others think?

Well said, Groyney.
Friday nights are special at the hall, most of my best memories are of those nights. Having to work on Saturdays' for the last 20 years, the more the merrier for me.

Don't get me wrong, I also was brought up on Friday night games and I too love the whole atmosphere. But these days with the "family club of the year" (or whatever it was we got), I would have expected more Saturday afternoon games so that "families" could go. Not to mention those in London who can sometimes struggle to make it to evening games - my sister certainly won't be too impressed, she normally gets home at half 7.

Why does it seem to be that all the games I would want to goto next season have been moved to Friday night?

Thinking of the possibility of trips for next season................not many consecutive home matches......Saturday and Tuesday........although, as there are so many local games it may be possible to pair up a home and an away fixture.
Perhaps I should pencil in the one that there is in April, as either the Brentford or Brighton games could see us seal promotion;).

Dont bother pencilling in the Brighton game, as that will probably be moved to the friday night as well!. With more local derbies this season than for a long time we dont have one which is scheduled for a saturday. This must be a record.

This is starting to **** me off. I know Friday night games are historic at the club, but to me friday night games just don't have the same feel to it. Everyone has their saturday home game routine. I know the club monitor this website, so hopefully someone will pick up on this and pass it on to whoever is making these decisions;

**** OFF, YOU BUNCH OF INTERFERING *****

This is starting to **** me off. I know Friday night games are historic at the club, but to me friday night games just don't have the same feel to it. Everyone has their saturday home game routine. I know the club monitor this website, so hopefully someone will pick up on this and pass it on to whoever is making these decisions;

**** OFF, YOU BUNCH OF INTERFERING *****

Seems like the decisions are (supposedly) being made by the good old essex police. Perhaps Dick Spooner's plan is to make a nest egg from all the overtime he will pocket before retiring?.

Back