• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Fixture Changes Here

TBH i don't wanna argue with you mick as i actually have a lot of time for you and respect your posts.

Maybe i am being selfish, but friday night games, no sorry, ALL the best home fixtures this season have been rearranged. it's too frustrating imo. And its not even spread out throughout the season, they all come in the first few months. football should be played on saturday at 3pm

As I said, I think a mixture of Fridays and Saturdays is fair. On reflection it does appear that most of the "more attractive" games have been switched and that they could have been shared out a bit more equitably.

Well the official site makes a point of saying all changes of fixtures to Friday nights have been at the request of the local police. Are you accusing the club of being economical with the truth and wrongfully suggesting it's down to the local police?

I don't have a problem with the club catering for the majority of their fans,
but I do think you'd be surprised how many supporters travel regularly from more than 30 40 miles away.

I have a problem with the club not being open with supporters, if it has been the intention to switch as many games as possible to Fridays, particularly those who have bought season tickets who cannot get to evening games because of work etc.

There is a big difference between insisting and requesting.

Whilst appreciating the Friday night games, if it was the Club's intention to try to arrange this then that should have been made clear to season ticket holders.

Didn't someone say earlier in this thread that some of the original Saturdays had England games on? If so, and the oppo teams wanted their supporters to have a chance both of supporting them and watching the game, is it possible that it was THEIR request to change? Also, did anyone notice when the Gills game was? Hallowe'en.........one of the OB's busiest days of the year. I'm sure there's good reasons for these changes but I just wish someone would be up front and honest about it.

Didn't someone say earlier in this thread that some of the original Saturdays had England games on? If so, and the oppo teams wanted their supporters to have a chance both of supporting them and watching the game, is it possible that it was THEIR request to change? I'm sure there's good reasons for these changes but I just wish someone would be up front and honest about it.

An England game isn't a good enough reason to change a league fixture. Not as if we're going to be struggling with International call-ups, and the games wouldn't even kick off at the same time - all down the pub after to watch it. There's no history of bother between Orient and Southend, despite the local rivalry and the attempts of a handful of muppets on either side.

A night game even has more likelihood of trouble with the extra drinking time it affords. All it does is screw Southend out of gate receipts and 400ish Orient fans out seeing the game. Last year we still brought 1700 down, but the likes of Millwall and Leeds will bring significantly lower support than they would have done otherwise. Move the odd game, sure (Orient probably being the most practical, in truth), but shifting all the choice games away from Saturdays smacks of cluelessness.

ps. Absolutely no chance it was our request. Doubt it's any of the other sides' either.

An England game isn't a good enough reason to change a league fixture. Not as if we're going to be struggling with International call-ups, and the games wouldn't even kick off at the same time - all down the pub after to watch it. There's no history of bother between Orient and Southend, despite the local rivalry and the attempts of a handful of muppets on either side.

A night game even has more likelihood of trouble with the extra drinking time it affords. All it does is screw Southend out of gate receipts and 400ish Orient fans out seeing the game. Last year we still brought 1700 down, but the likes of Millwall and Leeds will bring significantly lower support than they would have done otherwise. Move the odd game, sure (Orient probably being the most practical, in truth), but shifting all the choice games away from Saturdays smacks of cluelessness.

ps. Absolutely no chance it was our request. Doubt it's any of the other sides' either.

Excellent post Johnny. Everyone goe's on about the atmosphere at friday night games. If we're playing crap and losing 0-2 after an hour there is no atmosphere!.

I think you're missing the point Jonny. How are the CS Crew (stop chuckling) supposed to run Leeds' top boys all over Vic Avenue and battle Croats throughout the West End of London if the games are both being played on the same day?

Wise up man.

Last edited:
Back