• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Fixture Changes Here

Oh yeah i forgot to add,

Poxy ******* useless pencil pushing pig ******s!!! **** off and do some real ****ing police work instead of ****ing up our ****ing fixture list. *****!!! useless ****-ups. **** off.

oh and while im at it GK out.

Rant over....Until i log on tomorrow and see another game moved

****ing stupid. And you got to look at it like this, All these games, on a saturday would draw 9k-10k. I'd predict we now get 7k-8k, meaning a loss of about £40k? ****ing ridiculous

Would love to hear Essex polices reasons for all these fixture changes. Wonder if our south coast neighbours Brighton are experiencing the same changes to local games from their local police?. Somehow i doubt it. Remember last season the games against Col Utd. Essex law changed the k.o. down here to lunch time at the start of November ( not the time of year fans stay for a few hours after the match on the seafront) yet when we played there it was no problem for a 3 p.m. k.o.. a decision made from the same police force! What was the reasoning behind that?

Whats the problem here? I love night games at Roots Hall, especially on a Friday!
Hats off!!

So do i, having been reared on them in the sixties and seventies, but the question is 'why do the police want all the derby games changed and none of the others?' Lets hear their reasons. Whose running football these days, the F.A. or the old bill?.

Whats the problem here? I love night games at Roots Hall, especially on a Friday!
Hats off!!

Yeah thats great, but what about all of us that work shifts, I could originally make all the saturday games, but all the ones moved to Friday nights I am at work. I am REALLY hacked off by it :madman:

I doubt it has much to do with the Old Bill apart from the Leeds and Millwall games. I remember being told previously that SUFC ask all teams to play on a Friday as ST prefers Friday night games.

I personally quite enjoy Friday night at the Hall but am fortunate that am able to make all of them - the only downside is the possibility of getting dragged round the shops on a Saturday!!!

Friday night football has usually resulted in a better atmosphere than Saturday afternoons; the crowds have usually been decent too.

Also I get a chance to earn back some of the Brownie Points on these freed-up Saturdays that I spend on all of the Saturday away matches.

On the other hand I'm not too happy when the away matches get switched to Friday nights too.

graysblue.jr said:
This is starting to **** me off. I know Friday night games are historic at the club, but to me friday night games just don't have the same feel to it. Everyone has their saturday home game routine. I know the club monitor this website, so hopefully someone will pick up on this and pass it on to whoever is making these decisions;

**** OFF, YOU BUNCH OF INTERFERING *****
You speak for yourself, it seems there's a lot of other people who quite like the thought of loads of Friday night games, me included....

Are we going to play any home games on a Saturday this season?

I appreciate the point about the atmosphere but Friday night games are a pain in the a*** for us exiled fans.

This is starting to **** me off. I know Friday night games are historic at the club, but to me friday night games just don't have the same feel to it. Everyone has their saturday home game routine. I know the club monitor this website, so hopefully someone will pick up on this and pass it on to whoever is making these decisions;

**** OFF, YOU BUNCH OF INTERFERING *****

Discounting Boxing Day, we have 20 home week-end matches.

It appears that opinion is pretty evenly divided between preference for Friday or Saturday games. Only just over a third have been switched to Fridays (so far) and anyone ranting and raving about this is simply being selfish. There is a mix of preferences, there is a mix of fixtures. Seems fair to me, but then I'm able to look beyond just what I want (which, incidentally, would be all Fridays).

The numbers of fixtures are pretty evenly divided but the police have insisted that all the plum fixtures are evening kick offs. The 7 they have moved so far and the two Tuesday fixtures Norwich and Brentford would have been switched if they were Saturdays. So Saturdays are all left with all the unattractive fixtures.

I find it quite sinister that the police have insisted that so many fixtures are moved. Someone in the police or the club needs to come clean and give a proper explanation. It's clear to me that because there have been so many games moved ( and all the big fixtures) the club and police must have agreed this well before the fixtures were arranged. The opponents in those fixtures switched are so predictable.

Yet even on Wednesday evening someone from the club phoned me hard selling a £200 can't lose competition, because I would get 10 match tickets win or lose. Since then another three fixtures were switched and I am sure there will be more. The club must refund season ticket holders and come clean on why so many games have had to be switched

Has a precedent been set for the future with the police insisting every big game is switched to Friday? If they have there is little point in building a new stadium, because whilst I don't think attendances will be affected this year, if we got promoted again Championship sides do not get big crowds for evening kick offs. Would the police insist every game is switched?

Having been looking forward to next season last week, it now seems a complete non event.

I make a 180 mile round trip for home games, Friday afternoons on the M1, M25, A127..no thanks

The numbers of fixtures are pretty evenly divided but the police have insisted that all the plum fixtures are evening kick offs. The 7 they have moved so far and the two Tuesday fixtures Norwich and Brentford would have been switched if they were Saturdays. So Saturdays are all left with all the unattractive fixtures.

I find it quite sinister that the police have insisted that so many fixtures are moved. Someone in the police or the club needs to come clean and give a proper explanation. It's clear to me that because there have been so many games moved ( and all the big fixtures) the club and police must have agreed this well before the fixtures were arranged. The opponents in those fixtures switched are so predictable.

Yet even on Wednesday evening someone from the club phoned me hard selling a £200 can't lose competition, because I would get 10 match tickets win or lose. Since then another three fixtures were switched and I am sure there will be more. The club must refund season ticket holders and come clean on why so many games have had to be switched

Has a precedent been set for the future with the police insisting every big game is switched to Friday? If they have there is little point in building a new stadium, because whilst I don't think attendances will be affected this year, if we got promoted again Championship sides do not get big crowds for evening kick offs. Would the police insist every game is switched?

Having been looking forward to next season last week, it now seems a complete non event.

I make a 180 mile round trip for home games, Friday afternoons on the M1, M25, A127..no thanks

You really think that the police have INSISTED that all these games are played on a Friday? I don't.

To be honest the club have to cater for the majority of their supporters and I'd guess that probably no more than about 0.5% travel that distance.

Well the official site makes a point of saying all changes of fixtures to Friday nights have been at the request of the local police. Are you accusing the club of being economical with the truth and wrongfully suggesting it's down to the local police?

I don't have a problem with the club catering for the majority of their fans,
but I do think you'd be surprised how many supporters travel regularly from more than 30 40 miles away.

I have a problem with the club not being open with supporters, if it has been the intention to switch as many games as possible to Fridays, particularly those who have bought season tickets who cannot get to evening games because of work etc.

Discounting Boxing Day, we have 20 home week-end matches.

It appears that opinion is pretty evenly divided between preference for Friday or Saturday games. Only just over a third have been switched to Fridays (so far) and anyone ranting and raving about this is simply being selfish. There is a mix of preferences, there is a mix of fixtures. Seems fair to me, but then I'm able to look beyond just what I want (which, incidentally, would be all Fridays).

TBH i don't wanna argue with you mick as i actually have a lot of time for you and respect your posts.

Maybe i am being selfish, but friday night games, no sorry, ALL the best home fixtures this season have been rearranged. it's too frustrating imo. And its not even spread out throughout the season, they all come in the first few months. football should be played on saturday at 3pm

TBH i don't wanna argue with you mick as i actually have a lot of time for you and respect your posts.

Maybe i am being selfish, but friday night games, no sorry, ALL the best home fixtures this season have been rearranged. it's too frustrating imo. And its not even spread out throughout the season, they all come in the first few months. football should be played on saturday at 3pm

Tell that to the TV companies.

Back