• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Fixture Changes Here

To be fair, Friday night against Leeds will probably boost our chances of a victory. There is always more of a 'buzz' around Roots Hall on a night game, especially Friday and this is potentially, a bit of a head start for us in terms of atmosphere possibly generated.

We all know how quiet we can be on a Saturday but on a Friday for one reason or another, it is certain to mean that 'everyone' will be up for it (vocal support that is!).

Brilliant news. I was hoping for a Friday game, Brighton last season was brilliant except the scoreline.

Friday games are better than Saturday games. Atmosphere is always better and I prefer playing under the floodlights. My favourite games of recent times have all been at night. Norwich at home will live long in the momory as one of them.
A good win, a night out with the boys after and leaves you a free weekend - whats the problem with a Friday evening ?

I love the Friday night games. I quite like the early kick offs too especially on Bank holidays..

Friday games are better than Saturday games. Atmosphere is always better and I prefer playing under the floodlights. My favourite games of recent times have all been at night. Norwich at home will live long in the momory as one of them.
A good win, a night out with the boys after and leaves you a free weekend - whats the problem with a Friday evening ?

I too prefer the spectacle and atmosphere of evening football, especially Friday evenings.

Those who don't are invariably those who find it hardest to get to Friday night games and claim that Saturday is the traditional day for football and that's when it should be played. What they really mean is that Saturday is more convenient for them.

Orient and Milwall also Friday night games. We will play a home game on a Saturday anytime this year!?

Might have to start a Saturday SZFC side if this is going to be the case!!

I love Friday night games. Straight from work down to the ground and straight back afterwards - no time to visit the mother-in-law before OR after the match! ;)

You cheating *******s! Just because you can't beat us on Tuesday or Saturday, you make the game Friday instead! Now I'm going to have to watch us lose whilst really drunk again. :darkcloud:

You cheating *******s! Just because you can't beat us on Tuesday or Saturday, you make the game Friday instead! Now I'm going to have to watch us lose whilst really drunk again. :darkcloud:

In true Keegan style i would "love it" if we smashed you 3 zip again Jonny :cool:

3 Friday night home games in a row? They could've spread them out more, if they're going to be the only ones. I like Friday night games though, the atmosphere's always better. I can understand them moving Millwall to a Friday but Leeds or Orient have never caused much trouble down here recently.

Back