• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FM Talk

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
I thought this would be quite a good thread to have, hopefully i wont be slated for it.

I've just started unemployed and ill report back here on how bad i do!

why did you get a yellow card??
rock.gif

oh b'coz i had a mild disagreement with McNasty, it was a deserved booking now i look back. But just for the record it wasn't anything too serious or harsh in any way. I learnt my lesson.

I didn't know we could get bookings! Class!

I won't slate you, Fred. Us cyber-geeks have got to stick together. How many leagues are you running on your game? I might set up a new one as well!

Running on 2005 on my 98 cause it's completely useless (with half a gig of memory free due to having 2 OS systems on there I'll bet) with no real players I'm in top half of league 2, was doing alright, but have just gone a few games on the slide, but they were against bogey sides like Cambridge (can anyone else beat them?) haven't checked my other ones.

I thought i would do it the hard way and start at the bottom. Im Sutton utd, just bout to sign M Leary a midfielder from luton (i think) quailty player in previous saves always scores a 8. Chris Armstrong also pops up with a few goals as well

Im on 2006 with updates, so have Sodje and Bradders. Just about to start my first season in championship with Southend having got them promoted first time
have Hull away tricky one

I've been playing FM2006 (no player updates) and am just about to start the Premiership in my third season.

First season I managed to win league 1 fairly comfortably with the basic squad (they were surprisingly strong against most teams). I bought Kevin Bradley (Clyde), Jonathon D'Laryea (Man City) and Paul Lawson (Celtic) + a few loanees.

Second season I managed to win the Championship after a very close run battle with Bolton. Was pretty fortunate as Eastwood got injured and I panic bought (actually it was a free transfer) some 20 year old Spanish striker (Braulio) who turned out to be really good and scored 35 goals. Signings were Neil Mellor (Liverpool), Eddie Malone (Clyde), Neill Collins (Sunderland), Robbie Foy (Liverpool), Gavin Williams (West Ham) and Fernando (a Cape Verde international).

About to start my first friendly before the start to the Prem season and I've amanged to sign Joey Barton (Man City), David Dunn, Lewin Nyatanga (Sunderland) and a couple other foreign players (a South African winger and a Slovakian striker)

Think I may struggle this season though. Still got £2.8M to spend if I need it.

Blimey. I can only ever take a team up one division and then I get into all kinds of trouble bringing in exotic Spanish defenders and ageing big-name players.

Then I get in a strop and resign.

Nik Besagno... If you can get a work permit for him hes awesome, class defender.

Marco Baroni. Bought for £28k, now worth £1m.

Tommy Hoiland. Absolute class, Him and Eastwood are fantastic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 18 2006,11:33)]Nik Besagno... If you can get a work permit for him hes awesome, class defender.
Amen brother,

Managed to get him after I got promotion the Championship in 1 season with Southend,

18 years old and just awesome, even got a couple of games for the USA.

Then my dad deleted the save, he has a habit of doing that.

Actually a bit of a tip is to look for any half decent players who are on the transfer list for around £100K or less. If they've been listed for a little while you can often get a bid of something like £1K accepted. That's how I got Paul Lawson and Gavin Williams and they're now worth about £2.5M each.

Braulio i got for Southend in the prem, not sure what season, took a while though!

Nik Besagno is an amazing player, one of the best defenders on the game, or at least has the potential to be!

My leagues activated:

England, conference National and above.
France, Second league and above.
Italy, Serie B and above.
Portugal, Second league and above.
Scotland, 3rd Division and above.
Spain, 2nd Division and above.

On top of this i've loaded all the players from places like Holland, Germany, Colombia, Belarus for instance. Just gives you more choice.

12 games in and have managed to steer Northwich into 3rd position with only bringing in 2 players, one on loan. If we are there at the end of the seaon I'll be very happy as we are relegation favourites.

Tilly, however isn't doing so well, after having most of the team injured, (Hammell, Francis, Flahavan, Campbell-Ryce, Foy and more) they sit bottom of the league, in fact the 3 teams who went up are in the relegation spots the opposite way they went up. Paynter and Ricketts upfront? Freddy, Barrett and Maher on the bench?

Tilly's gone mental.

I'm hoping East Fife will take me on now, they've been taking ages to decide who's going to take over.

Anyone know any useful lower-lower league players? ones that'd like to go to East Fife for example, if i get the job. My knowledge is limited to league 2 and above really.

Matt Derbyshire is an amazing player, got him for Grays in the Conference National playoff final on loan due to my striker being injured, and he scored and helped put me through. In League 2 he did extremely well and has had interest from Prem clubs. League 1 on that save now and he's not doing too badly, but i got bored.

Daniel Machacon is a fantastic Right Winger that develops lots.
Jafeth Asprilla is a good signing for league 1 teams.
Obviously Freddy Guarin for Prem/lucky champ teams, he's amazing.

Jamie Slabber and Gary Hooper are usual forwards on FM, and would probably go to Fife...

Marco Baroni might and he's cheap too.

Back