• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

About as non-story as it gets, just what was in the paper the other day, with McNasty's outrageous hair comment.

Still at least its positive talk about the stadium, lets hope it's because there is a realistic chance of movement.

One thing in that article which goes against what has been claimed on here before is that the superstore will not be built at the same time as the stadium.

McNasty's comment makes much more sense within the context that it's in. I still think it's a tad silly, but I was also silly to get het up about it the other day.

McNasty's comment makes much more sense within the context that it's in. I still think it's a tad silly, but I was also silly to get het up about it the other day.

Indeed.

It will be a sad day when one man can't compliment the beauty to be found in another man's hair. McNasty found himself in the spotlight and grasped that once in a lifetime chance to publicly show his love for our chairman's mane and was cruelly mocked for it. Shameful.

I heard that Mr Wayne Kerr and Co are in the running for the job .

About as non-story as it gets, just what was in the paper the other day, with McNasty's outrageous hair comment.

Still at least its positive talk about the stadium, lets hope it's because there is a realistic chance of movement.

One thing in that article which goes against what has been claimed on here before is that the superstore will not be built at the same time as the stadium.

But the superstore can't be built until the stadium is completed otherwise we wouldn't have anywhere to play. I think that was always the case.

I think the order would be something like stadium, superstore + retail park.

But the superstore can't be built until the stadium is completed otherwise we wouldn't have anywhere to play. I think that was always the case.

The store isnt going on the stadium its going where the flats and carpark are which is why people were saying it was going to be built at the same time, that article clearly says otherwise. ie pretty much what you say, stadium + Housing, superstore and then stand2/retail.

I assume by housing they mean the flats at Fossetts because the homes on Roots hall will be where the stadium sits.

The store isnt going on the stadium its going where the flats and carpark are which is why people were saying it was going to be built at the same time, that article clearly says otherwise. ie pretty much what you say, stadium + Housing, superstore and then stand2/retail.

I assume by housing they mean the flats at Fossetts because the homes on Roots hall will be where the stadium sits.

flats at the old orchard bros site top end of car park plans passed long while ago,They have to build them first to rehouse council tenants from the flats fronting the main road.?

Jam Man is right, the store will be going where the car park is which is why they can get on with infrastructure with us still playing at RH. Where people park will be another matter entirely.

Friend of mine who works as a supervisor for a Ground working construction firm told me they were due to start work down at Fossets Farm a few weeks back but wasn't able to work due to the weather and floods...

Sorry but another false dawn. Work will not start anytime soon.

As someone involved with Prospects what information do you have regarding the build of the statement that makes you so sure?

Surely we dont need to finalise the deal with Prospects before starting work on Fossetts, or is that dependant on the sale?

flats at the old orchard bros site top end of car park plans passed long while ago,They have to build them first to rehouse council tenants from the flats fronting the main road.?

Not sure where you mean?

It does say they need to be relocated though doesnt it.

Jam Man is right, the store will be going where the car park is which is why they can get on with infrastructure with us still playing at RH. Where people park will be another matter entirely.

Thats not what the article say, it states though, it says the supermarket wont start until the stadium has finished. Whether that means other work can start like demolishing flats etc ?

Not sure where you mean?

Thats not what the article say, it states though, it says the supermarket wont start until the stadium has finished. Whether that means other work can start like demolishing flats etc ?

Yes the demolition of the flats, college, and shops will be the first work on the roots hall site, where that fits into the grand scheme of things I don't recall. The time line for the project was set out in some sort of article or submission but god knows where you would find said document

Not sure where you mean? road opposite Colchester road to the old southbank, orchad bros backs on to car park top southside [behind high wall]

Cant demolish flats till new ones built and tenants moved in, Condition of council put in planning I think...............

Back