• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As Chairman of Southend Council Mr Woodley can afford to hedge his bets here. Any major development in Southend has to be welcome to the Council, God knows we need some good business news with HMRC pulling out by 2020.

So I think we are approaching that watershed which requires Ron to actually make Fossetts Farm happen with timescales that meet the requirements of the Council. Woodley is quite adept at milking personal publicity in his role as Chairman, hardly a day goes by without his mugshot being in the Echo, almost like a provincial Boris. Therefore he will do and say lots of provocative stuff just to get airtime. To counter this Ron and his partners must show they mean business. As others have said, British Land should be the ones that clinch the deal for FF, but we shall see.

To put a positive spin on it, this MIGHT be the rocket up the **** that is needed to get FF started PDQ.

#mightalsonotbe.:blush:

As Chairman of Southend Council Mr Woodley can afford to hedge his bets here. Any major development in Southend has to be welcome to the Council, God knows we need some good business news with HMRC pulling out by 2020.

So I think we are approaching that watershed which requires Ron to actually make Fossetts Farm happen with timescales that meet the requirements of the Council. Woodley is quite adept at milking personal publicity in his role as Chairman, hardly a day goes by without his mugshot being in the Echo, almost like a provincial Boris. Therefore he will do and say lots of provocative stuff just to get airtime. To counter this Ron and his partners must show they mean business. As others have said, British Land should be the ones that clinch the deal for FF, but we shall see.

We could go back to the council of 15/20 years ago they were great for our club and the whole town.

We could go back to the council of 15/20 years ago they were great for our club and the whole town.

I don't have a clue when the next local elections are due, but when they do it could be that the colours could change again from the Independent/and Others coalition to another flavour. Then all the wooing by Ron would have to start again.

...and your simple solution is (or was) pray tell?

We dont care regarding shops houses or if Ron becomes richer than Zackenburg ,we want a stadium fitting the club,not some white elephant with 3 sides .

Go back to the original plans which was build the stadium at Boots and Laces ,simples.

..if only it was that simple !!!

It is though !

Gain planning for 14000 capacity 4 sided stadium with a view to increase capacity as and when required,I reckon it could be built for 30 million.Once completed then knock down RH to allow construction of dwellings which will earn Ron a very tidy amount,plus he still has FF.

I don't have a clue when the next local elections are due, but when they do it could be that the colours could change again from the Independent/and Others coalition to another flavour. Then all the wooing by Ron would have to start again.

OK I get you don't like Ron Woodley. Everyone I know who has dealt with him has been impressed by his dedication to dealing with their concerns. From local parking to ending the covenants on their houses that Thorpe Estates used to extort money. He has helped me and my other half in our local small business, which has ties to our football club. He is very positive about FF, so I don't care where he ties his colours he gets my vote.

You must be aware of the apathy towards our club and town from past councillors so why is which party he stands for such an issue. He certainly is not following some blind political path set out by party headquarters.

Not sure this will have a huge impact to be honest, the town doesn't need 3 cinema's, but it easily could handle the extra shops and restauants, hotels etc.

The seaway project does not have a cimema chain in place yet, and to be honest I don't think it will, as others have stated, its located more for the tourists that wont be coming to Southend to go to the cinema.

FF is more for local residents and the surrounding area that will go to the cinema easier than going to Bas Vegas or the Odeon, and do a bit of shopping/eating before and after.

I can see the FF project going ahead with the shops/cinema/football and the seaway going ahead, but without the cinema.

It is though !

Gain planning for 14000 capacity 4 sided stadium with a view to increase capacity as and when required,I reckon it could be built for 30 million.Once completed then knock down RH to allow construction of dwellings which will earn Ron a very tidy amount,plus he still has FF.

...and where is the settee that has the £30m stashed between its seat covers ?

...and where is the settee that has the £30m stashed between its seat covers ?

Easy again!

Roots Hall site will allow for 300 properties or thereabouts ,say 200k per unit equals 60 million,profit probably 30 million plus!
Ron still has FF to make even more cash.

OK I get you don't like Ron Woodley. Everyone I know who has dealt with him has been impressed by his dedication to dealing with their concerns. From local parking to ending the covenants on their houses that Thorpe Estates used to extort money. He has helped me and my other half in our local small business, which has ties to our football club. He is very positive about FF, so I don't care where he ties his colours he gets my vote.

You must be aware of the apathy towards our club and town from past councillors so why is which party he stands for such an issue. He certainly is not following some blind political path set out by party headquarters.

Sorry Rigsby, you couldn't be further off track. I don't dislike Woodley, he may be all you say he is, I don't have dealings with the guy so my observations are superficial and based on what I see in the press. My point on elections was that Southend is notoriously prone to turning back to Tory administrations and that could happen next time round.

Easy again!

Roots Hall site will allow for 300 properties or thereabouts ,say 200k per unit equals 60 million,profit probably 30 million plus!

...but FF has to be built first ! Again, you make it sound so simplistic. Fancy a game of Monopoly later ? :winking:

It is though !

And who's going to fund your simple 30m, especially if costs increase. Then of course you would have to fund the build coasts at RH and Pay off the Debt on the RH site.

So simple I just can't see why no one has ever thought of it before.

I've got spare 25m so if you can match 50m might just be enough. Then we could negotiate a penthouse each and be neighbours at the swanky RH development. Top bagsy I have the Shakespeare drive view ...you can have Fairfax drive.

And who's going to fund your simple 30m, especially if costs increase. Then of course you would have to fund the build coasts at RH and Pay off the Debt on the RH site.

I've got spare 25m so if you can match 50m might just be enough. Then we could negotiate a penthouse each and be neighbours at the swanky RH development. Top bagsy I have the Shakespeare drive view ...you can have Fairfax drive.

...i'll match that, and raise you £200 (as i've just passed "GO") plus Southend Central Station and the Water Board.

lots of comparrsions wuth Bas Vegas, but surely with the exception of the cinema Bas Vegas is bigger than both developments combined. Even the cinema there is bigger than the the indivuial ones being proposed for the seafront and Fossets. The bas Vegas car park is huge and packed most days so I 'assume' the development is profitable.
I don't really see why Southend could not support both developments

Sorry Rigsby, you couldn't be further off track. I don't dislike Woodley, he may be all you say he is, I don't have dealings with the guy so my observations are superficial and based on what I see in the press. My point on elections was that Southend is notoriously prone to turning back to Tory administrations and that could happen next time round.

Always a good way to judge a man before you slag him off on the zone.

Easy again!

All well and good but you said:

It is though !

How do we build it without making the money on Roots Hall first?

Thats the reason for 3 sides in the first place, the 4th side paid for by Roots Hall, the retail park is what pays for the 3 sides, which in your scenario we wouldnt have.

We cant afford to build a 14k stadium or a 3 sided stadium without generating money from the retail park etc.

I thought Ron's partnership with the other mob would overcome most funding issues.the clever money understands the club is being used as the bargaining chip whilst the real money is to be had building property.

Back