• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Franchise Teams

* ORM * said:
How did you get finances up so quick. I know I've spent money but did you get a decent YP sale?

Unexpectedly won OD today which virtually guarantees 4th spot for me.943 members
When I got the franchise, they happened to be top in all 3 divs, so we gained a lot of funds and members from a triple promotion. We've managed to win a few games this season as well, so we've kept members confidence at a relatively good level, which has given us good income from gate receipts. Also managed to get through to the 4th round of the Cup somehow. Also as funds have increased, so has Interest, so it all adds up.

How did you get finances up so quick. I know I've spent money but did you get a decent YP sale?

Unexpectedly won OD today which virtually guarantees 4th spot for me.943 members

My projected balance is £1,107,958 and my only transfer activities are purchases (£28k in total).

If you don't fritter away money in the transfer market it's quite easy to build up your balance for the franchise.

What's about to make it easier is that someone's bid £200,000 for this chap

Josh Aucott (4285890) Josh is an attacking RH Batsman, and a destructive RM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: g_boycotts_great_granXI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 10,495 (+617)
Wages: £670 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: competent Consistency: proficient
Fielding: worthless

I know the BTR is high, but I was pretty chuffed when someone opened the bidding on £100,000.

WTF are people playing at?

There was a bidding war whilst I was at lunch and he went for £400,000. He's got a nice BTR but much of that is from his concentration which is of no use and just bumps his wages up. He only popped to competent bowling this week.

Twice in the same over !

McIntosh to Ambalangodage
* * A lovely straighter ball completely bamboozles Ambalangodage. McIntosh has already run off celebrating with Corbett until they realise that the keeper managed to drop a simple catch. There's egg on everybody's faces.
36.4 . McIntosh to Ambalangodage
* * Flighted delivery. Ambalangodage defends to the off side.
36.3 . McIntosh to Ambalangodage
* * McIntosh comes over and gives Ambalangodage some choice words after that ball, Ambalangodage ignores him.
36.2 . McIntosh to Ambalangodage
* * A lovely straighter ball completely bamboozles Ambalangodage. McIntosh has already run off celebrating with Usman until they realise that the keeper managed to drop a simple catch. There's egg on everybody's faces.

What's everyone done with their stadia so far? Now sold out at 12,000 twice. Not sure whether to upgrade again or wait until I'm getting full interest. Only got 3 home OD games left after this week so will probably leave it and then bump to 20,000 next season once the prize money is paid.

MrB said:
What's everyone done with their stadia so far? Now sold out at 12,000 twice. Not sure whether to upgrade again or wait until I'm getting full interest. Only got 3 home OD games left after this week so will probably leave it and then bump to 20,000 next season once the prize money is paid.
What about FC??

Selling out isn't such an issue in FC as you don't fill the ground each day but get an accumulation of receipts across the days.

Went up to 20,000. Hoping I'll make up the lost interest in increased gates pretty quickly.

I've left mine at 15k for the moment. Can't keep my Members at OTM due to the divs we're in, so even though we've got 927 members, we won't bring in much more than 15k.

A couple of relegations will see the stadium expanded pronto though :smile:

My members are flooding in so seemed worthwhile doing a big bang in one go. Won in FC today and have a bot tomorrow so should be in good shape for a good gate next Friday when it's been upgraded.

Members now up to 953, and Finances up to 1,356,000. Should break through the 1,000 member mark in about 3 weeks, and above the 1.6m threshold in about 2 weeks.

Looks like we'll end up in 4th place in FC, which I'm quite pleased with. We'll finish somewhere between 4th and 6th in OD, if we're in a play-off we might well throw it. Depends on what league we would relegate into. BT20 is a total write-off and we'll be relegated.

Trainees are coming along well, the 2 batters plus the WK and A/R will all be past Respectable Batting by the end of the season, with the W/K close to Comp WK, and the A/R very close to Respectable Bowling.

Likewise, the 3 bowling trainees will also be past Respectable at season end.

Once we get past 1.6m, will start to jettison the over 30's clogging up the squad, and replace with younger/better players

Update -

Finances now over the magical 1.6m mark, with a home OD game to come on Friday, and we are now making a profit every week on Interest and Sponsors alone meaning all gate receipts are pure profit.

Members also over the 1,000 mark at 1,023.

We've moved up to 3rd in FC, but will probably end 4th as we have the leaders to play in the last game of the season.

OD, we could well finish in 4th spot, which would be a great achievement.

BT20 it's mathematically possible that we could stay up, but highly unlikely...

7 Trainees still chugging along nicely, but could do with a better A/R trainee, so that will be the target in the YP fest at the start of next season.

I'm a bit behind on the members front, 953. However we have two promotion bonuses to come. Cash is a bit behind as well, £700k, but slowly getting there. Stadium is nicely developed and we have two all rounder trainees ticking along as well as two bowlers and a WK. Trying to keep an eye on the TM to pick up the odd player who will improve my team. You pretty much need 10 bowlers as with the lower stamina levels they can't play every game! Spent 40k on a 33yo superb/proficient that should do a job for a couple of seasons, trying to resist the 6 figure sums that fly around for older, higher skilled players as I really don't need any extra skills to get the two promotions and they will just burn wages and lose stamina.

Glad I went to 20,000 now. Almost a sell out on Friday and £171k yesterday. Finances finally moving in the right direction.

members now 1136, Youth academy now at Superb, and ready to start pulling players next season now ITS is turned up to max, finances at £1.7mil, with stadium of 12,744 selling out last 4 games. Was about to upgrade it to circa 20k, but realised i have no more home games this season, so will wait until week 1 of next season.

Back