• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hong Kong Blue

In the Gruaniad, so I can't believe I beat Napster in posting this.

The link

The ex-Barca, Arsenal and Southend (I believe thats the first time I've ever used those three clubs in the same sentence) player is now a talent spotter for Arsenal.

Apparently the Spanish superstar is responsible for Wenger signing Reyes and Fabregas.

If only Wenger would give Danny O'Shea or Adrian Clarke a go as a talent spotter in England, the Arse' might actually sign a few English players.

Can someone ask Francisco to let us have them first, and we can then sell them on to the Gooners...?

tounge.gif

Been in e-mail contact with an Arsenal fans website and they said:

" Francisco Cagigao or Frances as he goes by now is employed by Arsenal.
He's the club's Spanish representative and he was highly influential in
bringing Cesc ( Fabregas ) and ( Jose ) Reyes to the club, in fact if he wasn't working for us I
doubt we would have got Cesc out of the Nou Camp.

I think he's still involved with a club in Spain that he went to play for
and ended up becoming their chief scout.

He splits his time between here and Spain and generally keeps an eye on the
youth market and any prospects that are around."

cheers to Arseblog.com for the info

The one memory I have of him is him warming up for a game ready to go on and Colin Murphy shouting at him: Caggy! Get here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 14 2005,14:50)]The one memory I have of him is him warming up for a game ready to go on and Colin Murphy shouting at him: Caggy! Get here.
Your stories about players are simply SUNSATIONAL Napster!!

You mean his boss actually called him over to speak to him?? Whatever next eh? Dogs chasing cats? Pop Starsn taking drugs?!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 13 2005,13:47)]Now Spanish scout for Arsenal, Francisco also used to play for Barcelona before joing us.
Has been for some time, Naps. Hardly a scoop ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2006,10:01)]As I said in an earlier thread, I do. And I speak with his brother regularly ...
But he was crap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Nov. 24 2006,10:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2006,10:01)]As I said in an earlier thread, I do. And I speak with his brother regularly ...
But he was crap.
Maybe his brother is better!!
laugh.gif

He was poor.....

But in all honesty, Eagle, Spinner, Maher and a couple of others apart we have not had that many quality youngsters at the club (Under 21 )

Gymer, Engwell, Perkins , Fitzpatrick ............

Be faif he didn't play that much did he !

Met him on a train once was a nice bloke .

Scored loads of goals for the reserves IIRC. Don't remember him getting a first team game of any note.

Back