• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddie Ladapo

Amazing. Guy was terrible here - what does that say about us?

Nothing to do with us, as you say he was terrible. Probably in my worst ten strikers ever. The fact that he's 'come good' makes it worse. If he was just crap then fine, but it seems he just couldn't be arsed. (I thought he was both crap and 'couldn't be arsed' at the time, maybe only knew if the two was right.)

Amazing. Guy was terrible here - what does that say about us?

He had one understated but excellent performance as a targetman and then some where he seemed low on confidence and chasing shadows.

Similar has been said repeatedly about Theo and McCoulsky’s last appearance which suggests the problem might not be him.

It shows what a poor side Plymouth must be if he is their main striker, no wonder they are bottom of the table. Similar to players like Nouble and Prosser who apparently play well at Col U. It says more about the level and the team they play in than their actual ability.

He had one understated but excellent performance as a targetman and then some where he seemed low on confidence and chasing shadows.

Similar has been said repeatedly about Theo and McCoulsky’s last appearance which suggests the problem might not be him.

Kind of what I was getting at, YB. Maybe Roots Hall is a lot more hostile an environment to out of form or lacking in confidence players than we would think.

Another 2 goals and an assist for him today as Plymouth overtake Bradford at the bottom of the table.

5 goals in 4 games for us, some of them beauties as well, really surprised he came with poor reviews as all we've seen is a fast, strong & motivated centre forward.

5 goals in 4 games for us, some of them beauties as well, really surprised he came with poor reviews as all we've seen is a fast, strong & motivated centre forward.
Maybe failing at Southend was a wake up call for him?

He wasn’t that good to start with for you. Maybe it’s just started to click now.

Just as a matter of interest, do you set up to pass and move or play longer balls over the top for him?

Just as a matter of interest, do you set up to pass and move or play longer balls over the top for him?

Earlier in the season, long balls into the channels which never worked. Over the last few, we're playing it to feet and he seems to be thriving. Not a target man.

Interesting and I make you right. Down here, he seemed to constantly be a yard off of everything. I tend to judge strikers on whether they have a goalscorers instinct and he always seemed to be reacting to everything, rather than anticipating it, hence he was easy to play against. For example, we'd knock a ball in the channel and he'd go chasing it, rather than already be on the move anticipating it.

As others have said, it's a lot to do with the space created for him by other players and then it's a case of confidence in front of goal.

He never struck me as someone who is going to make something happen, but he seems to be popping up in the right places for you guys at the moment.

Good win for you last night. I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth, so I hope you make it up the table over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

He had a decent first half at bury away when we were playing it to feet with Kightly and Harrison working off him.

Motivated is the key word. He wasn't with us.

Earlier in the season, long balls into the channels which never worked. Over the last few, we're playing it to feet and he seems to be thriving. Not a target man.

Probably the problem we had then as we used him as a target man.

Doing really well tbf

ub7qVwg.jpg

To be fair I'd say that makes it even more impressive, that he's scored 5 goals in 4 games despite being in a team as poor as we have been

Back