• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Some of you will be choking on your lunch as one of the blues greats is in danger of being an also ran,In his prime he was lazy but had that yard of pace and eye for goal which made him a united legend,Injuries and father time and looking overweight will not help Freds cause.Since 2007 Fred has only managed 24 goals from 156 games(i know played out on the wing in some games)which is a return of 1 in 7.

Please FE get fit and lose some timber and regain your desire.

Freddie Eastwood will get goals at this level no doubt- as soon as he his fit. Like any player he needs games, which he hasn't really had this season. Eastwood and Assombalonga staring the next 10 games up front will result in goals... and lots of them!!!

Freddie Eastwood will get goals at this level no doubt- as soon as he his fit. Like any player he needs games, which he hasn't really had this season. Eastwood and Assombalonga staring the next 10 games up front will result in goals... and lots of them!!!

Yes but only if they get any supply from midfield, and start to work together and create space for each other which they don't!

Defo needs to hit the gym. Apart from a great first touch and a decent eye for a pass, he really did nothing Saturday.

Eastwood and Assombalonga starting up front will result in more frustration.

They show no sign of forming any understanding. Assombalonga actually looks half the player when playing alongside Eastwood as he does when playing alongside Tomlin.

Can he start 10 games on the trot, personally I think that is a pipe dream. And what do we do while we are waiting for him to get fit? If he is simply going to rely on games to get fit then by the time he gets fit (if he does) we will be too far away from the play offs for it to make a difference! I truly hope it all comes good the same as everyone else, but I have not seen any evidence to suggest it will. We all know he will score if fit, but when is he going to be fit ?

Can he start 10 games on the trot, personally I think that is a pipe dream. And what do we do while we are waiting for him to get fit? If he is simply going to rely on games to get fit then by the time he gets fit (if he does) we will be too far away from the play offs for it to make a difference! I truly hope it all comes good the same as everyone else, but I have not seen any evidence to suggest it will. We all know he will score if fitmotivated, but when is he going to be fit motivated?

Whilst Sturrock will no doubt be blamed, Mick McCarthy, John Toshack, Chris Coleman, Aidy Hoofroyd all seemingly failed to motivate him as well.

And before the inevitable "but Tilly" most of you didn't think he was overly motivated after November in our Championship year.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Has he still got the desire that is the question and from what i have seen the answer is sadly no,Lets all hope Fred can still do it and his best way to prove doubters wrong is by working and scoring goals.

im sure he will get goals if he gets the chances and the games but fear he is not one of our best three strikers, can he get fit ? needs to lose weight and that will come with hard work and plenty of running but not sure if his knees will take the running any more.

No wonder PS doesn't come on here anymore, one week Sturrock is the worst manager in the world for not starting Freddie, the next week Freddie is being called unfit and unmotivated, and Sturrock is being told he shouldn't play him.

Back