• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friday Discussion - Academic Qualifications

in this day and age u have to apply against people with WORK EXPERIENCE!!!

The only thing an employer will look at on a recent graduates CV will be the degree classification and the university from which it is obtained. If these aren't up to scratch your CV will go straight in the bin regardless of any prowess you may have as a raconteur. If you have a genuine willingness to work it is probably best demonstrated by putting the effort in at university.

I didn't set the world alight at university but I was lucky enough to graduate in a much kinder financial climate than the present.

agree 100%

Thats because 95 per cent of uni grads end up working H.R.

absolutely!! but no one cab be assed at uni

Think you're tarring all students with one brush here, as I certainly got work experience while studying, it was even a pre-requisite to pass my third year that I did so.

In my third year I lived with 2 Sports Scientists, a Sports Management student and a Retail Marketing student... All of which did at least a months work experience in their field of work.

There should be apprenticeships in all industrys.. im so bored of training people who have left school at 23 years of age, who would struggle to buy a train ticket to the right place, but think they know everything.. I'd sooner see the chippy 17 yr olds desperate to get on the jobs ladder and have a go all day long..

Totally agree , but if they return we get skilled labourers and the want for cheap goods from the far east reduces.

We lost them becuase the business models said you could have disposable and cheap goods to match them and on demand.

Also people not "academic" generally have other skills of a more practical nature. IT's our perceptions of intelligence and what this really means that have to be addressed here.

ofcourse i am tarring them all but i can tar 99% that should not be a problem. i have finished uni. i got my first and im done thank you. can say what i like. free to speak forum - well i thought that before the chat thread went

ofcourse i am tarring them all but i can tar 99% that should not be a problem. i have finished uni. i got my first and im done thank you. can say what i like. free to speak forum - well i thought that before the chat thread went

what uni did you go to and what did you study? what do you do now?

So from what I gather from the last 3 pages are that students are lazy, do nothing, can't be bothered, yet somehow get decent grade degrees thrown at them like confetti and then jump in front of decent hardworking less qualified people and take their jobs?

That almost makes as much sense as one of Ron's blogs.

PM ME and we will sort a date for you to come and view the certificate.

Can you make your certificate your avatar rather than that horrid badge, "WE HATE" or not, it's the most offensive thing I've seen since my last session on chatroulette.com

Back