• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Froch vs Groves

Eddie Hearn ‏@EddieHearn 1h

£60,£80,£100,£200,£300 & £500 on the floor.VIP inner ringside are £1500

Eddie Hearn ‏@EddieHearn 1h

£60,£80,£100,£200,£300 & £500 on the floor.VIP inner ringside are £1500

You missed out the £30/£40 tix ;)

Here's how I think it'll go...

In the bowl...

£30 - upper tier behind the goal

£40 - upper tier in corner

£60 - upper tier central

£80 - lower tier behind the goal

£100 - lower tier central

On the pitch..... (Based on a guesstimate of 30 rows?)

£60 - corner flag

£80 - back rows

£100 - few rows forward from back

£200 - 15-20 rows from front

£300 - 10 rows from front

£500 - 6 rows from front

VIP - first 3 rows

looks like I'm gunna go against my previous thinking & get the £100 bowl tix :)

Eddie reckons 35k people have already signed up for ticket updates. That means come Monday, there could be 40k+ booking up. I honestly didnt expect it to sell more than 50k-55k, but it could well be a sell out

Seating plan is out....

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/froch_vs_groves_2_tickets_on.htm

The £100 bowl tickets looking the best*, but with only 6k(?) available, they'll go double quick. What you saying Wes? Where you planning? I'd like to be close when Groves sparks him, but it probably won't matter either way, because you'll see my smug grin a mile away :smile:

*based on my feeling that Club Wembley will be corporate & not on general sale

Seating plan is out....

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/froch_vs_groves_2_tickets_on.htm

The £100 bowl tickets looking the best*, but with only 6k(?) available, they'll go double quick. What you saying Wes? Where you planning? I'd like to be close when Groves sparks him, but it probably won't matter either way, because you'll see my smug grin a mile away :smile:

*based on my feeling that Club Wembley will be corporate & not on general sale

I think we're going for the £80 lower tier seats.

looks to me that Club Wembley is on sale though; http://www.seetickets.com/venue/seatingplan/774444

I think we're going for the £80 lower tier seats.

looks to me that Club Wembley is on sale though; http://www.seetickets.com/venue/seatingplan/774444

No shock that Seetickets (King of the Excessive booking fees) has been completely horrendous. Yet they still are the most expensive when it comes to fees.

Edit: Sold out in an hour, 60,000 tickets. It let me think I got close three times, but I came away with nothing.

Last edited:
No shock that Seetickets (King of the Excessive booking fees) has been completely horrendous. Yet they still are the most expensive when it comes to fees.

Edit: Sold out in an hour, 60,000 tickets. It let me think I got close three times, but I came away with nothing.

I managed to get Club Wembley VIP package. Did the system keep crashing for you then? I got through once, put all my details in, clicked confirm & a page loaded up saying system error. I kept on trying & luckily enough managed to get there in the end. It's not the end of the road yet though mate, there's still 20k yet to be released, so just keep an eye on Eddie's ****ter.

Make you right about Seetickets though. Almost as bad as AXS

I managed to get Club Wembley VIP package. Did the system keep crashing for you then? I got through once, put all my details in, clicked confirm & a page loaded up saying system error. I kept on trying & luckily enough managed to get there in the end. It's not the end of the road yet though mate, there's still 20k yet to be released, so just keep an eye on Eddie's ****ter.

Make you right about Seetickets though. Almost as bad as AXS

Managed some £80(£88) ones through another mate who was trying, so we got them in the end.

I would get in, select tickets, click buy, it would refrsh and say no longer available, I finally got some £100(£110) tier ones, it was going through to basket when it crashed and kicked me to the back of the queue to get in the site, let alone picking my tickets again. Was hell from there on in.

PS. So much for, 'not sure if I'm going yet'.

Managed some £80(£88) ones through another mate who was trying, so we got them in the end.

I would get in, select tickets, click buy, it would refrsh and say no longer available, I finally got some £100(£110) tier ones, it was going through to basket when it crashed and kicked me to the back of the queue to get in the site, let alone picking my tickets again. Was hell from there on in.

PS. So much for, 'not sure if I'm going yet'.

Ahh that's good. Aparently over 4k have been snapped up by touts. The £100 seats were on seatwave (or something similar) for £300, around 12:15pm!!! That's farcical*

Exactly the same as what I had at first, thought I had them, then realised I hadn't. I can laugh about it now, but I'd have been going radio rental if I didnt get them.

Haha yeah had a change of heart. Just hope I don't get any delays on my flight home from Vegas :unsure:

*on the topic of touts, I've had an idea for a while, which has fallen on deaf ears, because "it's too hard to implement".

So my idea goes as follows.... Matchroom do a membership/season ticket scheme. It'd be a yearly fee, (say £50-£100) and those members/seasonticket holders would get first refusal on all tickets for every Matchroom event. It's basically the same sort of system that season ticket holders have for cup games in football. It might not eradicate touts, but it would make it more difficult for chancers/opportunists & reward the regular "hardcore" fans.

Things heating up already!

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1tVhuVU-LlI&sns=fb[/video]

Lee Froch is such a bell. He's doing more harm than good for Carl.

It's maybe naive to read too much into these little snippets, but to me Froch looks rattled again, and has been ever since this rematch was announced. These Little mind games are affecting the ego-maniac so much. Things like Groves/Paddy questioning whether Froch will even pass the medical. Groves hinting that Eddie see's him as his future star, hence why the fight is in London. These little things could be nothing, but to an ego-maniac like Froch, it's clearly affecting him again

Groves stunt with the Rubix cube was quality. P4P best wind-up merchant in the business

WAR Groves!!!!

*on the topic of touts, I've had an idea for a while, which has fallen on deaf ears, because "it's too hard to implement".

So my idea goes as follows.... Matchroom do a membership/season ticket scheme. It'd be a yearly fee, (say £50-£100) and those members/seasonticket holders would get first refusal on all tickets for every Matchroom event. It's basically the same sort of system that season ticket holders have for cup games in football. It might not eradicate touts, but it would make it more difficult for chancers/opportunists & reward the regular "hardcore" fans.

Too hard to implement? It's basically the FA's England membership scheme; and let's face it, if the FA can implement it then a team of trained monkey's could implement it.

Sounds a decent idea to me, throw in a t-shirt of the boxer of your choice as well or something, maybe discounted tickets (£20) to Prizefighter? Make it worthwhile for the fans, they still get some extra cash in the bank, stop some of the touting, reward fans. Win win.

Lee Froch is such a bell. He's doing more harm than good for Carl.

It's maybe naive to read too much into these little snippets, but to me Froch looks rattled again, and has been ever since this rematch was announced. These Little mind games are affecting the ego-maniac so much. Things like Groves/Paddy questioning whether Froch will even pass the medical. Groves hinting that Eddie see's him as his future star, hence why the fight is in London. These little things could be nothing, but to an ego-maniac like Froch, it's clearly affecting him again

Groves stunt with the Rubix cube was quality. P4P best wind-up merchant in the business

WAR Groves!!!!

Ah, Lee Froch really doesn't do anything for Carl's camp. He really should step aside as he's embarrassing to the family. There was a decent Meme one of the GG Twitter sites (Maybe Ginger Bread Man Chan) posted the other day of Lee Froch, and the text - 'I don't know if I mentioned it, but Carl Froch is my brother'. That's basically Lee down to a tee.

Yeah, the mind games do seem very reminiscent of the first time around, this time with the added knowledge of, 'Groves can do the job is given half a chance'. If Froch really is lacking in confidence, then that's half the game.

For the record, despite all my Froch for the win propoganda, I really do like GG as a boxer and wouldn't be distraught if he won, but I am a big Froch fan and my money's still on him.

Too hard to implement? It's basically the FA's England membership scheme; and let's face it, if the FA can implement it then a team of trained monkey's could implement it.

Sounds a decent idea to me, throw in a t-shirt of the boxer of your choice as well or something, maybe discounted tickets (£20) to Prizefighter? Make it worthwhile for the fans, they still get some extra cash in the bank, stop some of the touting, reward fans. Win win.

Exactly. It's 100% win-win. More money for matchroom, more chance for the hardcore fans to see the big events live & it'll stop the touts. Every football club does it with regards to cup games, INCLUDING LEYTON ORIENT!!! So why should it be so hard to do in the boxing world?? I give Eddie props where it's due, but he's missing a trick here & you've got to ask why?

Ah, Lee Froch really doesn't do anything for Carl's camp. He really should step aside as he's embarrassing to the family. There was a decent Meme one of the GG Twitter sites (Maybe Ginger Bread Man Chan) posted the other day of Lee Froch, and the text - 'I don't know if I mentioned it, but Carl Froch is my brother'. That's basically Lee down to a tee.

Yeah, the mind games do seem very reminiscent of the first time around, this time with the added knowledge of, 'Groves can do the job is given half a chance'. If Froch really is lacking in confidence, then that's half the game.

For the record, despite all my Froch for the win propoganda, I really do like GG as a boxer and wouldn't be distraught if he won, but I am a big Froch fan and my money's still on him.

Totally agree. From what I've seen, the **** gene seems to run in the Froch family. Both his brothers seem like tools, especially Lee. The mother is no better. Ever since she opened her fat pie-hole and spat those words "George Groves will be leaving the MCR arena on a stretcher", in the build-up to the 1st fight, she's been labelled a ****.

I think Groves has, & always will have, the edge on Froch psychologically. Just GG's mannerisms alone wind Froch up. Froch IMO has got a lot to deal with, physically & mentally in this build-up & that's why I give GG a wide edge. Well, that and GG is technically brilliant compared to cave-man-Carl :)

Honestly, GG has won so many fans over from the last fight, that if, IF, he wins this one comfortably, I could see him being the next fans favourite. I doubt we'll ever get a Ricky Hatton like figure ever again, but GG can get very close to that status IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Wes, What do you think both fighters tactics will be be fight night? Not what they need to do, or what they should do, but what WILL they do

Here's my thoughts...

Carl Froch;

I can't see him changing or adapting his style. He's 36, he's been fighting the same fight for years. He will not hold a high guard & will not jab crisply. He'll try and cut off the ring, push Groves onto the back foot & pin him against the ropes or In a corner. Then do what he does best: punches in bunches. That will be his tactic. I doubt there will be a plan B. The first fight showed that. For 7 & a half of those 9 rounds, CF was outboxed, outgunned & outclassed, yet there was no change in tactics, no differnet approach. Round after round, CF came out of the corner & got dismantled by GG.

Thats why this fight will be very much the same, because CF has no back-up. He's a very one dimensional fighter. If that tactic/Plan A does work, then he'll win. But IMO, GG is too good for Froch's Plan A & won't allow him to implement it.

George Groves;

Tough to say. GG DOES come with a Plan B, and I honestly think we'll see him switch between style, but remain more disciplined this time.
Plan A - much the same as the first fight. Keep Froch on the end of the jab & throw those short arm counters when Froch engages. Stand his ground, keep the centre of the ring & not allow Froch to walk him down. Trade when it's necessary, but make sure GG gets the cleaner/accurate punches landing.
Plan B - jab and move. Froch can't compete or handle GG's lightning, pin-point accurate jabs. He landed at will, in the first. One thing that let GG down slightly was he didn't utilise his footwork/movement speed to his full potential. Remember Haye Vs Valuev? Haye landed "point-scoring" shots throughout & managed to keep himself well out of danger. This in-and-out style isn't always pleasing on the eye, but it certainly works if you've got the skills to apply it & GG is more than capable of doing that. Maybe not the whole fight, but I believe we'll see this from Groves in a few rounds.

Therfore, My Prediction is this: A George Groves win. Obviously. But I'll also predict 2 specific things... Carl Froch's heart will be broken & so to, will his "granite" jaw.

Last edited:
Back