• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:22 pm Post subject: THE GOAT'S FINAL FAREWELL......BOOK EARLY!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow blues! Can I apologise in advance for having my first post as an announcement, but hope the following may be of interest to some of you.

If there are any mods reading could you please make this a sticky for a while until word gets around. Cheers!!!

Paid a visit to Southend Football Club on Monday to try and get something organised for what should be The Goat's final game on Saturday 6th May 2006 when Southend will play at Home to Bristol City.

After strong negotiations, I finally managed to extract the following agreement.

Southend United have kindly agreed to set aside a block of seats for any Manchester City fans who wish to attend this fixture and sit together.

This Block shall remain reserved for us until 20th April, by which time any unsold tickets will be sild to Southend fans.

Should there be considerable early interest, Southend will CONSIDER reserving a further Block for us

The Block in question is BLOCK X, and is level with the 18yard box toward the away end and gives an UNOBSRUCTED VIEW.

Those wishing to attend should phone the Southend United Ticket Office on 08444 770077. Declare yourself as a City fan who wishes to sit in Block X and you should be well looked after.

Be warned here people that whilst I was there, there was a steady stream of fans coming in to buy tickets, and the office staff consists of three people, which meant there was only really one person answering the phone. The moral being if you can block book for your freinds as well, then it might be wiser.

The Block holds 150 seats and will be sold on a first come first served basis although if you wish to sit in with the home fans then feel free to do so.

Ticket Prices are:

16.50 Adults.
10.00 Concessions over 60
8.00 Under 16's

Please be warned that proof for concessions may be required on the day.

Demand will obviously be high for this game so please book early.

Parking around the ground will be a bit of a nightmare but hopefully by then it will be a bit warmer and you may want to park near the seafront.

I appreciate it is a bit of a trek from Manchester, but you guys in London and surrounding area really have no excuse, it's 11.00 Cheap Day Return from Liverpool Street and the train takes about an Hour and run every 20mins or so. (I know because I did it on Monday.). The ground is about a 10minute walk from the station.

Just a final word here, there is no agreement between the clubs here. Southend have gone out of there way to help us get a block of seats, So it would be nice if we could fill them, should be a good atmosphere as hopefully it will be their promotion party.

I shall probably contact other forums and possibly supporters groups in the next couple of days, but in the meantime if anyone has direct contact with such bodies maybe they could spread the word and let me know to save me the trouble. ( My time is extremely limited at the mo.)

C'mon Guys and Gals, Let's FEED THE GOAT ONE MORE TIME.

Any Questions.........

Kippax.

P.S. There is obviously no guarantee that he will play, but I'm sure he will be there.

Perhaps I should just add that I normally post on Mancity under the name Kippax and this message has been on there for a couple of days, but lack of time has prevented me putting it here sooner.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!

Thanks

Kippax. (Mr).

I really must amend that name as soon as possible, but I see that someone has already nabbed Kippax.

It is a great gesture
smile.gif

My only slight concern is that we would probably sell out to locals for the last game of the season IF we've won promotion by then and especially IF we were champions...

It would be a shame for locals to miss out, especially as we rely on them being caught up in the atmosphere and wanting to come back...

Certainly dont begrudge the City fans a day out though and the Goat deserves a rousing send off

Nice touch by the club for letting them join us but i think a whle block is too much. Maybe half a block

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Mar. 18 2006,10:40)]Nice touch by the club for letting them join us but i think a whle block is too much. Maybe half a block
I was just thinking about that... they've got 150 seats - which is nowhere near a full block I dont think? If 150 seats was a whole block there would only be about 900 seats in the West Stand!

I think it is a great thing for the club to do.As for the section being used for home fans, well if those fans attended regularly instead of jumping on the band wagon when the team does well,then i am sure the club would not have given up the seats.I wonder how many of them would go to a tuesday night leyland daf cup fixture in the snow when we were in the 4th division?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

very the goat is liked by near enough everyone so its good they get to see him moff
anyway im off to mo dons game now....UP THE BLUES

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Mar. 18 2006,11:45)]As for the section being used for home fans, well if those fans attended regularly instead of jumping on the band wagon when the team does well,then i am sure the club would not have given up the seats.I wonder how many of them would go to a tuesday night leyland daf cup fixture in the snow when we were in the 4th division?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
Sure - but that does not mean first time attendees are not welcome... and new fans that come once and then immediately attend every week are rare. Loyalty and allegiance takes a little while to build - a home game POSSIBLY celebrating a promotion and a championship doesnt come round too often and the atmosphere on those days does more than any other to promote the club and persuade people that attending matchdays is a great experience, to be repeated...

Just a thought thats all - its not a criticism of the club or the Manx
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hazey SUFC @ Mar. 18 2006,11:48)]very the goat is liked by near enough everyone so its good they get to see him moff
anyway im off to mo dons game now....UP THE BLUES
And in English?

Now that I've got my ticket I can say that I think its a fantastic gesture from the club and a real measure of the man that City fans think there'll be that sort of interest.

Really should add one more factor into what should be already an amazing day.

as much as i feel it is a great jesture by the club to allow the manchester city fans a farewell to the legend that is shaun goater, i cant help feeling that we are stopping 150 southend (or potential) southend fans coming to the game!

Lets be honest we, this season have a hardcore of what, around 5,000 'true' diehard southend fans, any of the others that are coming through the gates are occasional visitors that are turning up as we are having an amazing season, now I have nothing against that, thats there decision, and a welcome boost to the clubs coffers, but surely the Man City fans have just as much right to come along to the brizzle game as the occasional visitor?...

If the occasional fan really wants to go to this game then they should book there tickets well in advance and accept the fact they may miss out if they dont do so...

Now, if there were several thousand seats being put aside for the City contingent thats when it becomes an issue, but as theres only a couple of hundred being put aside, that in my opinion is fair do's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Mar. 18 2006,06:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Mar. 18 2006,11:45)]As for the section being used for home fans, well if those fans attended regularly instead of jumping on the band wagon when the team does well,then i am sure the club would not have given up the seats.I wonder how many of them would go to a tuesday night leyland daf cup fixture in the snow when we were in the 4th division?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
Sure - but that does not mean first time attendees are not welcome... and new fans that come once and then immediately attend every week are rare. Loyalty and allegiance takes a little while to build - a home game POSSIBLY celebrating a promotion and a championship doesnt come round too often and the atmosphere on those days does more than any other to promote the club and persuade people that attending matchdays is a great experience, to be repeated...

Just a thought thats all - its not a criticism of the club or the Manx  
smile.gif
I totally see your point spiffy,but i have to wonder how many of those fans that went to cardiff 2 years ago actually made it to the hall for a league game since then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 18 2006,12:58)]Man City fans have just as much right to come along to the brizzle game as the occasional visitor?...
No-ones disputing their right to come I dont think - well I'm not anyway - I'm just saying that it would be a shame if 150 potential Southend fans didnt come, and thus didnt get bitten by the bug, as a result...

It has nothing to do with what games people went to before, how many games they went to this season, who is more deserving than who, its just that if 150 locals have suddenly come alive to the fact that there's decent football in their own town missed out on the chance to come along and thus start on the road to becoming a Shrimper...

We shouldnt be so snooty as to criticise them for not realising before - better late than never, and they may not have had the opportunity to come before - who knows.

The 150 people who won't go because of the seats given to City aren't necessarily day trippers any way. I know loads of real Southend fans who haven't got around to getting tickets yet. More-fool-them, you may say, but I don't think its fair to say that everyone with a ticket already is a proper fan and those without one yet for whatever reason (I for one hadn't budgetted for getting the ticket this early for example) aren't.

I think it's great that Man City fans are still prepared to offer that kind of support to a former player (not just any former player, I know). Good on 'em I say and I hope they bring in excess of 150.

Why can't the 150 Man City fans be accommodated in a segregated area of the north bank?  I doubt Bristol City will sell their allocation, bearing in mind their current league position. Would it cost the club too much to police and steward?

Back