• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If it's any help, I think most people are *****, whether they be White, brown, black, yellow, green etc etc.

Oh, and this thread is stupid
Agreed Nik, on all counts! People will always get the mickey taken out of them for being fat, ginger, bald or any number of other physical issues, they are not deformities but physical characteristics. You can't help how you look, and you learn to live with whatever ribbing occurs. That's all this is in my opinion. Now, if it was taking the mickey out of someone with a physical deformity then that's a different matter, in the same way that anything with racial overtones would be.

In the great playground of life, people have to learn not to let such comments worry them - sticks and stone may break my bones etc etc. If Bale hasn't learnt this by now then I'd be very surprised, the fact there's been no comment publicly suggests to me he has.

worse chant ever!

Agreed, how is it racist? What race can possibly be offended by that? Also, if we get rid of chants because he looks a bit like a monkey, with no real racial/ethnic hatred behind it, then surely we must get rid of every chant that is in the slightest bit "offensive". If we hadn't have had this Suarez/Terry stuff recently, I bet no-one would have really noticed it much.

I think the biggest thing when judging "chanting" is context.

Have to say :blush: that I have had to get used to alot of ribbing on account of my enormous todger, but I have learned to take it in my stride:unsure:

Maybe the monkey chants were a misunderstanding like they were in Porto:

Porto, however, have made it clear they are outraged by City lodging a complaint. The Porto version of events that it was actually both sets of supporters chanting in support of Hulk and "Kun" Agüero. "Kun, Kun, Kun; Hulk, Hulk, Hulk," Cerqueira said at the time, demonstrating the chants. "These can be easily confused with racist chants."

All of which was a strange explanation given that Agüero was not even on the pitch at the time. Incredible, you could say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/23/manchester-city-hulk-unsporting-porto

Lee Evans actually refers to himself as "monkey boy" in his act.

i suppose this is akin to how some black people refer to each other by using the N word, when such use of the word toward them from a non black person would be seen as an insult.

Back