• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Scored once again for Hereford this afternoon i think thats his 9th for them, probably the best thing that could of happened to him going out on loan.

If we can just turn that form into a Southend shirt then he will be a very good player for the future.

I always knew Hoops had great potential, he has never really got a decent run in the team looked dangerous when he came on as a sub.

I know people that can't stand Hooper and are always slagging him off, how is he supposed to keep his head up if so called fans are on his back.

I think Hoops is going to make a decent career for himself in the Football League. I'm not convinced it will be at Southend though. Something doesn't seem to fit, if that makes sense.

im a big fan of hooper and good to see him scoring a lot of goals at hereford. he will be a good player in the future but i dont think he will be playing for us for much longer because teams will want him like orient and hereford

Er why won't Walker be about ?.........Have I missed something ?

Such a stupid rule
If he's supposed to be on loan for the remainder of the season then surely that has to include the play offs

I seem to be noticing that teams have been extending loan deals recently? And I'm sure I read Leeds were going to extend Freedman's for the Play Offs? Is it not possible for us to extend it?

I seem to be noticing that teams have been extending loan deals recently? And I'm sure I read Leeds were going to extend Freedman's for the Play Offs? Is it not possible for us to extend it?

I think Walker was an 'emergency loan' and therefore the club can't extend his loan for Play Offs.

As was Freedman though? Leeds trying it on again maybe!?

Then hopefully Robson-Kanu will have had his injury completely cleared up by then.

Just seen Hooper's goal, some considerable skill AND determination there; one day he may do it for us!?

Lots of ability of confidence was shown in that goal.

I've always rated Hoops as I've always said on here, and I'm staggered the abuse he gets. He'll come very good in time and I really hope it's with us.

For all those people who say "it's only League 2", well I'm sure if Hoops wasn't on our books already, those same people would be saying that we should have a look at him, look at the goals he's getting etc. Give him a chance and you never know it might pay off.

hooper needs a decent run in our side tbh . ditch walker and give him a go with barney or in for black

I thought Grant was the emergency loan whereas Walker was signed on loan until the end of the season because the transfer window had closed but the loan signing one hadn't.

Back