• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

Ok, if that's right I stand corrected. Still would prefer to keep him in the squad though.

It is right. I'm still not sure why people seem to be holding it against him though. Tilly hadn't exactly backed him last season and ended up farming him out on loan to Orient. The easiest thing in the World would have been for him to take the guarantee of two years here but of course if it hadn't worked out he could be unemployed at the end of 08/09 and who would take him on after two years of reserve football?

I just don't see what he gives the team.

Did you see his goal on Saturday? Could you see runaround, get knowhere Macdonald doing that no!, and he's on our bench coming up to the play offs, Walker can't play, repeat bad decision to let Hooper out in the first place, still got Revell and Harrold to fill in!

i seem to remember from last season that Hooper played on the right when he came off the bench. May explain his scoring ratio for us.

Did you see his goal on Saturday? Could you see runaround, get knowhere Macdonald doing that no!, and he's on our bench coming up to the play offs, Walker can't play, repeat bad decision to let Hooper out in the first place, still got Revell and Harrold to fill in!

Great goal amazing what a bit of confidence can do, start of the season if he'd of had a chance like that he'd of put it straight at the keeper, which he did but he would never of dreamed trying to take on all the defenders keeping the ball so close to his feet and the finishing it.

Scored again for Hereford tonight against Wrexham which i think condems them to relegation.

10 goals in 18 games. not bad for someone who showed very little confidence at times in a blue shirt.

Get him back for the play offs.

Condemns Wrexham to relegation from the Football League for the first time in the clubs history.

Also, gurantees promotion for Hereford in third place.

They went to an inground report there during the game moments after the Hoops goal and they we all singing "Sign him up"

So a low on confidence Hooper goes to Hereford and bangs a load of goals in. He comes back to us and with confidence oozing out of him plays a part in helping us get promoted in the play-offs.

If that turns out to be the case I'd say that it was a master stroke by Tilly - as I'm sure you'd be quickly on here to acknowledge......

So a low on confidence Hooper goes to Hereford and bangs a load of goals in. He comes back to us and with confidence oozing out of him plays a part in helping us get promoted in the play-offs.

If that turns out to be the case I'd say that it was a master stroke by Tilly - as I'm sure you'd be quickly on here to acknowledge......

I'd love to see Hooper coming back and doing that, might shut a few people up.

Looks like a good finish aswell and he seems to be playing with a smile on his face.

2022761.jpg

2022760.jpg

Scored again for Hereford tonight against Wrexham which i think condems them to relegation.

10 goals in 18 games. not bad for someone who showed very little confidence at times in a blue shirt.

Get him back for the play offs.

As he's OUR player & Hereford are now up then his loan period will end in the next couple of weeks & he should be back with us anyway.
A permanent deal to Hereford can't be brokered until end of the season.

Could be 2 promotions in the same season for Hooper!!!

Hereford have Brentford away this Sat & Grimsby at home next Tues.

They may have to win both games, realistically only Rochdale & Stockport (who have a game in hand) can catch them - come on Hereford!!

Super Gary Hooper - I've waited years for those c**ts to be relegated and he has scored the goal which has help to put the final nail in the coffin. F**king brilliant!

Hooper has been given chances in the team but has not taken them.

He's banging in a few goals for Hereford but they are a division lower.

Should we get promoted then I doubt he'll be good enough to play in the championship at this moment in time. I'd imagine that Tilly would look to bring in an experienced striker which could lead to the end for Charlie Mac.

If we stay in League 1 then again he's down the pecking order. I'd expect us to sign Walker permanently in the summer so he'd be behind Barnard, Walker, Revell & McDonald.

I personally think that Hooper was just given a contract extention as insurance purely so we can get some cash for him, Tilly & Ron learnt their lesson from the Kightly affair.

Hooper has the potential but I just can see him having much of a future at SUFC.

I doubt Hooper signed a contract here unless he was given reassurances about his future. He showed that he wouldn't be pushed around when he refused the offer of a two year contract last summer. I doubt that Tilly would have been less than honest with him either.

Hoops scored goals at this level for Orient. It's unfair to say that him scoring for Hereford means that he's found his level.

Back