• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

i think hooper will prove himself to be a decent player but don't think it will be with SUFC.

Seem to remember Hooper having great game at Bournmouth,just before his loan deal,give him time folks he is a fine prospect im sure.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1229976,00.html

Thats Grant signing on an emergency loan deal.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1242834,00.html

Walker signs on loan till the end of the season. No mention of it being an emergency loan there.

Oh well, didn't realise that about Grant.
However any deal done outwith of the transfer windows will be subject to emergency loan rules, therefore the 93 day limit will apply!

Oh well, didn't realise that about Grant.
However any deal done outwith of the transfer windows will be subject to emergency loan rules, therefore the 93 day limit will apply!

Can't we extend the deal, if required, like Leeds with DF? Or did they sign him in the transfer window?

Can't we extend the deal, if required, like Leeds with DF? Or did they sign him in the transfer window?

No, DF signed for Leeds just before the end of the loan window, therefore it can be extended. 93 days from 15 Feb is 18 May, therefore a week before playoff final.

hooper needs a decent run in our side tbh . ditch walker and give him a go with barney or in for black

Gary has talent and ability and has loads and loads of chances in a SUFC shirt -

in front of goal he has always been liable to miss good chances - i notice in his last goal for Hereford he took about three attempts from 6 yards out -

not got the natural ability and pace of walker

Scored once again for Hereford this afternoon i think thats his 9th for them, probably the best thing that could of happened to him going out on loan.

If we can just turn that form into a Southend shirt then he will be a very good player for the future.

I always knew Hoops had great potential, he has never really got a decent run in the team looked dangerous when he came on as a sub.

I know people that can't stand Hooper and are always slagging him off, how is he supposed to keep his head up if so called fans are on his back.

Maybe the best for them, worst for us, now left with a half hearted Walker!

Gary has talent and ability and has loads and loads of chances in a SUFC shirt -

in front of goal he has always been liable to miss good chances - i notice in his last goal for Hereford he took about three attempts from 6 yards out -

not got the natural ability and pace of walker

Great point, he has been very wasteful this season for us. The higher up the divisions you go the more clinical you have to be. Yes hes scoring goals for Hereford but against much poorer opposition and also by the sounds of some match reports he is getting 5 or 6 good chances a game. Not what you get in League one or the championship.

I thought Grant was the emergency loan whereas Walker was signed on loan until the end of the season because the transfer window had closed but the loan signing one hadn't.

Only emergency loans are allowed outside the transfer window, regardless of any agreements being in place to sign permanently.

I remember when Grant signed, a few people commented on why Grant was described as an 'emergency loan'. I guess we'll find out what that means 93 days after he signed.

The problems with Hooper are his attitude (would only sign 1 year contract last season; thinks he is better than he actually is), finishing (His chance to goal ratio is probably 5:1) decision making (tends to try a trick when a simple ball would be easier) and the fact we have got at least 4 better strikers at the club (Revell, Barney, Walker, Robson-kanu) If Hereford come in with a decent offer in the summer, I would take it because mark my words, the guy will never make it as anything other than a decent L2 striker or an average L1 striker

With due respect, I think a one year was all he was offered at that time. Like Mr Walker, he's still only a youngster, and had some maturing to do. He plays some great football but needed to develop some strength and stamina, which hopefully he'll have done at Hereford. I'm more than happy to keep him on board.

In the summer, Hooper was offered a two year deal, but only wanted a one year deal but has recently signed another one year deal with us.

In the summer, Hooper was offered a two year deal, but only wanted a one year deal but has recently signed another one year deal with us.

Ok, if that's right I stand corrected. Still would prefer to keep him in the squad though.

According to the local sports paper up here there were over 20 scouts at the Darlo-Hereford match on Saturday including 5 premier league clubs reps.
I've no idea if that's par for the course at this stage of the season but it sounds an awful lot.
Given his recent goalscoring form possibly one or two at least had come to cast an eye over Hooper.

Back