• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gay men kicked out of boozer

YES YES Preach it my friend!!!!!

Disgusting acts in a pub - round them up and burn them

Being gay is....

1. Wrong
2. Illogical
3. Dirty

When you have finished burning all the gays, perhaps you start on the gypsies, then the disable, followed by gassing all the jews then invade Poland ?
Do you understand that this is the 21st Centuary, and society has changed from all 'gays in the closet' and being hunted to gays being out in the open especially around Soho.

When you have finished burning all the gays, perhaps you start on the gypsies, then the disable, followed by gassing all the jews then invade Poland ?
Do you understand that this is the 21st Centuary, and society has changed from all 'gays in the closet' and being hunted to gays being out in the open especially around Soho.

Ok burn Soho next....:winking:

What we are actually seeing at last is some sense coming back into the country. If a bar, hotel, whatever wants to ban poofs I'm all for it. For 30 years we have pandered to political correctness on sexuality, immigration, human rights, mustn't smack the kids. Oh I could go on for ever. Time to get the poofs back underground and in the closet.

No more Norton, Barrymore, Winton just for starters. Priests (gay and child abusers) What's wrong with that as a virtue. Poofs on soaps portrayed as normal. No, no and FERKING NO ! It's not normal and not something I need my kids to see. Fortunately my son is already on message.

What we are actually seeing at last is some sense coming back into the country. If a bar, hotel, whatever wants to ban poofs I'm all for it. For 30 years we have pandered to political correctness on sexuality, immigration, human rights, mustn't smack the kids. Oh I could go on for ever. Time to get the poofs back underground and in the closet.

No more Norton, Barrymore, Winton just for starters. Priests (gay and child abusers) What's wrong with that as a virtue. Poofs on soaps portrayed as normal. No, no and FERKING NO ! It's not normal and not something I need my kids to see. Fortunately my son is already on message.

So are you saying 'poofs' are not normal? And I don't see how child abusers have entered this discussion, thats a totaly different kettle of fish.
If your happy living in 1930 Germany then feel free, other more liberal people are quite happy to live in today society, where people can be themselves and live within the law.

What? So because they do something you find abnormal you should force them to hide? What if football supporters are not normal to someone? Let's make all football supporters go underground! There are plenty of gay people that are normal, what if suddenly being straigh wasn't normal? We all better hide because someone doesn't view that as not normal, gay people are no different to us except for one life choice, your views whether you like it or not are similar to people who viewed Jews to not be normal, if being gay was a threat then it would be a different story, being personally repulsed is not a valid reason to force gays back in the closet

What gays do in the privacy of their own homes is their business. When openly portrayed in the media or in public it is ABNORMAL portrayed as normal. Children need to be taught that it is not normal probably in a maths lesson along the lines of the probability of being gay is less than 2%. The probablility of flouting your gayness in public about 0.2%. Probability of it being portrayed on TV as perfectly normal 100%. That equations does not work. It is not Nazi Germany it is common decency in a moralistic society. There are many things wrong with religious fanatics of all persuasions. Not one of them allows poo bashing. The more liberal allow it even when it flies against all religious belief. Religion is bollox anyway but that's not the point.

Be gay in private. Thank you

What gays do in the privacy of their own homes is their business. When openly portrayed in the media or in public it is ABNORMAL portrayed as normal. Children need to be taught that it is not normal probably in a maths lesson along the lines of the probability of being gay is less than 2%. The probablility of flouting your gayness in public about 0.2%. Probability of it being portrayed on TV as perfectly normal 100%. That equations does not work. It is not Nazi Germany it is common decency in a moralistic society. There are many things wrong with religious fanatics of all persuasions. Not one of them allows poo bashing. The more liberal allow it even when it flies against all religious belief. Religion is bollox anyway but that's not the point.

Be gay in private. Thank you
Ok I'll take it back then sorry for the overreaction, I still don't fully agree with your viewpoint but it's not as extreme as I assumed :blush:
I'd rather everyone didn't kiss in public, they're just showing off in front of single people (although I'm probably a hypocrite saying that, I have the feeling I don't have this viewpoint when I have a girlfriend)

Love the fact your playing the Jew card!!!! My good friend rusty would agree with me I am talking about ethics not religion

Time to get the poofs back underground and in the closet.

What a charmless sentiment. Just because two people of the same sex loving eachother doesn't fit in to your narrow world view, it doesn't make it wrong on unnatural. CLose gay pubs, ban gay people from TV, etc? Thank goodness you're not in charge.

If this genuinely was the pub landlord and his wife acting in this way then I'm afraid they were wrong. It could possibly have been members of the public pretending I guess. Assuming this wasn't a gay pub (of which there are plenty as any gay couple should know), what they should have done is have a quiet word with the two blokes, they'd probably have finished their drinks quietly and moved on. They have righly defended themselves saying their behaviour was not obscene, how can a kiss be classed as obscene? It's the participants that are being described as obscene.

Personally, I have no problem with genuine affection being shown in public, my parents till hold hands walking down the road and they're well into their 70s! I find affection far less offensive than the chavvy behaviour of a lot of mindless young people!!!

Live and let live, as long as it's not illegal then there's nothing wrong with something like a couple of gay men kissing in public. I do, however, have sympathy with those hoteliers a while back who turned a gay couple away from their B&B, that's a slightly different scenario. I believe in your private property you should have the right to decide what levels of "decency" you allow, but landlords in a pub are in a different boat altogether and unless the brewery (Samuel Smiths) don't tolerate gays, I think the landlords here are completely in the wrong.

It's hard to teach your kids what's right or wrong, but tolerance is a very important first step.

Interesting point about the context here or dare I say 'cultural milieu'? I guess these guys felt safe to express themselves in Soho but probably wouldn't have acted the same way in The Spread. A couple of "straight-acting queens" (their words) I know would not indulge in lovey-dovey in publlic due to the potential risk of upsetting sensitive types.

As peoples kids grow up is it not better to teach then in the ways of the wider world rather then blinker them with narrow minded views.I do a rad thing with my kids called talking to and with them giving them information they will need to formulste thier own views in later life.They know what gay/homosexual is and they know that thier cousin is a lesbian as was thier grandmother,they also know what a bigot is.They know that some people beilive in a god and they know that we evolved from slime.
To be honest seeing a tuwnt drunk being a idiot offends me more than two men/women kissing but each to thier own i suppose.

Interesting point about the context here or dare I say 'cultural milieu'? I guess these guys felt safe to express themselves in Soho but probably wouldn't have acted the same way in The Spread. A couple of "straight-acting queens" (their words) I know would not indulge in lovey-dovey in publlic due to the potential risk of upsetting sensitive types.

No danger of bummers getting it on in the Spread,the bogs stink.

As peoples kids grow up is it not better to teach then in the ways of the wider world rather then blinker them with narrow minded views.I do a rad thing with my kids called talking to and with them giving them information they will need to formulste thier own views in later life.They know what gay/homosexual is and they know that thier cousin is a lesbian as was thier grandmother,they also know what a bigot is.They know that some people beilive in a god and they know that we evolved from slime.
To be honest seeing a tuwnt drunk being a idiot offends me more than two men/women kissing but each to thier own i suppose.
Exaclty right Tony, I've been open with my kids' questions and given them information and allowed them to form their own views. Funnily my son goes on about "Eastern Europeans come over and taking all our jobs", but I have no idea where he's got that from, certainly not me! They do form their own views (or take on board other people's) but you shouldn't encourage them to be blinkered.

Personally, I have no problem with genuine affection being shown in public, my parents till hold hands walking down the road and they're well into their 70s! I find affection far less offensive than the chavvy behaviour of a lot of mindless young people!!!

Must admit, I always have a little smile when I see an old couple hold hands - very touching. Whether it's a man and woman, two blokes or two women, I think it's always nice to see. Good on M&DoOBL!

"Some people are gay,get used to it"

That was the text on some of the banners on the London Gay Pride march in 2008,mentioned by Barry Miles in his excellent London Calling(A counterculteral History of London since 1945),which I finished reading last night, after the net commentary of the Bradford game.
In the afterword he makes the point that :-"Public attitudes towards homosexuality have probably undergone the greatest change,from demonization to more or less general acceptance." His last words are:-"Now,more than a location,the underground is a state of mind." He's right on both counts.

Last edited:
Question for some of the homophobes: if your kid or close friend or family member told you he/she was gay what would you do? Decide they were a freak of nature and never talk to them again? Or would you realise one life choice doesn't really affect who a person is and stay close to them?

Question for some of the homophobes: if your kid or close friend or family member told you he/she was gay what would you do? Decide they were a freak of nature and never talk to them again? Or would you realise one life choice doesn't really affect who a person is and stay close to them?

Shock treatment.

Back