• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

George O Callaghan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Aug. 02 2006,21:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 02 2006,21:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Aug. 02 2006,21:37)]The ironic thing is had Gray signed a contract he would have probably played ...
Thank goodness he didn't sign then.
Yes, i agree let's play Bradbury up front this w/end....???  
rock.gif
Yes, at least he can hold the ball up and link up with Eastwood.

It will be nice to see a ball played to a forward and controlled and not bounced off a shin, knee, elbow, ear etc..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,21:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Aug. 02 2006,21:37)]The ironic thing is had Gray signed a contract he would have probably played ...
rock.gif
Yes, at least he can hold the ball up and link up with Eastwood.

It will be nice to see a ball played to a forward and controlled and not bounced off a shin, knee, elbow, ear etc..
You need a target man who can contribute at least 10-12 goals a season to assist Eastwood.

Bradbury is great in midfield but not the man to score those supplemental goals, his finishing leaves much to be desired.

He is a stop-gap at best.

We should clone Ian Benjamin IMO.

And Gray would contribute 10-12 goals at this level ?

Id rather a player who can at least play with Eastwood even if his goalscoring isnt as good as we would like than a player who cant score and cant control the ball.

Dont want Bradbury as 1st choice striker either but he stands head and shoulders above Gray, hence he is still here.

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

A far better option.. NOT.

I'm relying on Tilly to come good, we need 2 forwards now!!
Please.... Wayne Gray looked out of his depth at times in League Two. Plus after two years he still had no idea how to play alongside Eastwood.

If you could clone the perfect partner for Freddy Eastwood it would be Lee Bradbury. And thats exactly how we should be building our side - putting players in who compliment our best player.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,21:55)]And Gray would contribute 10-12 goals at this level ?

Id rather a player who can at least play with Eastwood even if his goalscoring isnt as good as we would like than a player who cant score and cant control the ball.

Dont want Bradbury as 1st choice striker either but he stands head and shoulders above Gray, hence he is still here.
Eastwood is 1st choice striker.

Bradbury is here purely because he accepted our terms of contract. Gray didn't, hence the move to Yeovil

Gray would have contributed more goalwise than Bradbury. He will struggle to get 5 goals for us this season.

Eastwood has been very injury resilient, but we need to get another couple of options in case.

Bradbury is a good midfielder NOT a strike partner.

Bradbury was offered a two year deal was he not, Gray a one year.

I agree Bradbury seems better as a midfielder than up front these days, but Id still rather him up front than Gray. Theres more to being a strike partner than scoring goals.

Gray never linked up well with Eastwood, couldnt control the ball, couldnt hold it up so couldnt link up play with anyone.

I doubt Gray would score more than 5 either, and without any other attributes dont see how he is a better option than Bradbury.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,22:11)]Bradbury was offered a two year deal was he not, Gray a one year.

Gray was only offered a one year, that doesn't mean that Tilly rates him as a forward over Bradbury!
He probably thought we'd have a replacement signed by now.

I agree Bradbury seems better as a midfielder than up front these days, but Id still rather him up front than Gray. Theres more to being a strike partner than scoring goals.

Gray never linked up well with Eastwood, couldnt control the ball, couldnt hold it up so couldnt link up play with anyone.

I doubt Gray would score more than 5 either, and without any other attributes dont see how he is a better option than Bradbury.

My original point was that if Gray still been here, he would have surely got the nod over Bradbury for Saturday;probably due to lack of bodies more than anything else.

if we had secured Agogo/Akinfenwa etc etc it would be irrelevant.
Lee seems to have accepted the role of utility player, he's obviously not the long term solution as a forward.

I'm sure Tilly et al are working their socks off to sign a decent partner for Fred.

I just hope it's sooner rather than later, our survival may depend on it.

Not sure he would, possibly. But thats why Beefy and I in the same minute said thankfully he didnt sign..

Agree that whilst Im glad Gray is gone I dont see Bradbury as the perfect partner for Eastwood either and I too believe we need another striker.

Dont forget Ricketts either, if he had been fit I would have thought he would have started, even if he still has to prove himself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 02 2006,22:24)]Not sure he would, possibly. But thats why Beefy and I in the same minute said thankfully he didnt sign..

Agree that whilst Im glad Gray is gone I dont see Bradbury as the perfect partner for Eastwood either and I too believe we need another striker.

Dont forget Ricketts either, if he had been fit I would have thought he would have started, even if he still has to prove himself.
Think you're right, Ricketts would have been the man to partner Fred on Saturday.

He worries me tho, I saw him play against Wakering, he looked really good IMO.

I just hope he doesn't get a touch of the Lee Chapmans & f%&k off after a few games.
I just get a bad feeling where he's concerned, I know we have to give him a chance to prove himself, but he was a bit of a star previously & may feel he's too good for us once he gets a few goals.

Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing.

Yep, seems odd a player with an England cap and who has been sold for 3.5 million and still only 27 still leaves us with concerns whether he is good enough for little old us!

Only time will tell..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 02 2006,21:59)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

A far better option.. NOT.

I'm relying on Tilly to come good, we need 2 forwards now!!
Please.... Wayne Gray looked out of his depth at times in League Two. Plus after two years he still had no idea how to play alongside Eastwood.

If you could clone the perfect partner for Freddy Eastwood it would be Lee Bradbury. And thats exactly how we should be building our side - putting players in who compliment our best player.
Completely agree. Bradbury is a good foil for freddy, and i have been saying it for ages.

Everyone is only having doubts about ricketts because he has not given an interview for us yet. but then again he never really did.

In response to a couple of people on here...
Strike me down if you want...I believe Mitchell Cole has more chance of playing in the premiership than anyone in our squad...Freddy included.
This is Mitchell's year.
Mark my words...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 03 2006,00:18)]In response to a couple of people on here...
Strike me down if you want...I believe Mitchell Cole has more chance of playing in the premiership than anyone in our squad...Freddy included.
This is Mitchell's year.
Mark my words...
I hope you're right there. I've always liked the lad, but he just seems a bit too weak...

I like cole and hope he does well this year as he can be one of our most exciting players.

I cant agree he has more chance at the Premiership than Eastwood though who has too much talent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ Aug. 03 2006,01:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 03 2006,00:18)]In response to a couple of people on here...
This is Mitchell's year.
Mark my words...
I hope you're right there. I've always liked the lad, but he just seems a bit too weak...
Indeed, and short of confidence. Gets down very easily. If he can gain some belief this season he could be a major star for us.

[b said:
This is Mitchell's year.
Mark my words...
Keef - I admire your optomism but if you ask me Freddy is streets ahead of anyone. After that I think Gutts,Francis,Hammell and maybe JCR all have more chance than Coley.

As I say I hope your right as I like him but thing he needs to be stronger before he can hope to push on.

DtS

Few things in a very random order but relating to posts on here:

- Ricketts is notorious for never giving interviews. I think I found one on the net and they even touched on the fact that he doesn't normally interview.
- Cole might or might not do anything in the future. Unfortunately, I find it hard to tell because I've never seen him have a really good 90 minutes. What I do know is that he has enough quality to turn a game. What I don't know is what level he can do this too or how consistently he can do it. Freddy, right now is so keen to improve that I can see him being Prem very soon.
- I agree with Beefy that we don't want to flood the squad with strikers. We have good young strikers on the fringe of the first team and several promising ones in the youths.
- On BBC I think, they suggested Yeovil's key man would be Wayne Gray. I liked Wayne for his effort and workrate but if he is the man to build a team around and replace JEvons then I would be worried.

Back