• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting fit help required..

Possibly but you will look like a ****

Haha wasnt planning on doing that silly bum wiggle or the duck walk, Just walking at pace.

I walked from Tarpots in benfleet to rayleigh high street and back again. Thats got to be a good few miles.

Yep I've been doing about 40 lengths, and then I reward myself by sitting in the jacuzzi and the sauna for a bit!

You're lucky though as Sheffield is one of the few places with a Olympic sized pool.

As someone who shifted over 4 stone in the last year, I can concur with Number11. That the best thing to do is set yourself a goal. For me it was to participate in the Great North Run. Once you have set this and especially when it is for charity it is amazing what motivator it will be and once the first pounds start dropping you can become a little obsessed about it.

Initially i took up membership of a gym where i alternated between running, swimming and cardio/weights sessions, was doing 4/5 a week. However once my application for the GNR was accepted I dropped the gym and start running the streets. Also entered the BUPA 10k alongside LDNFATSO to give me experience of a organised race ahead of the GNR.

I too struggled to run a mile at first but in time you can achieve greater distances and as Firestorm mentioned increase runs slowly you can build up to a decent level.

On the shoe front I was advised by a colleague who competes in World Championship Vets Triathlons, after i explained that when running my knees ached a little, he suggested the Nike Lunarglide
nike-lunarglide-running-trainers-blue-7-17623856.jpeg

I got some of these and the aches stopped also my mile time dropped.

And you do really need to watch what you eat and drink, I cut out the alcohol i used to consume of an evening and cut down the other crap carbs (chips, crisps, cakes ,biscuits - you get the picture).

Last edited:
And you do really need to watch what you eat and drink, I cut out the alcohol i used to consume of an evening and cut down the other crap carbs (chips, crisps, cakes ,biscuits - you get the picture).

Cut the alcohol??!?!?! Madness.

You're lucky though as Sheffield is one of the few places with a Olympic sized pool.

I used to be a member there but not any more, the gym is actually pretty rubbish but the pool is great. However they partition off the main pool so you can't swim full 50m lengths.

I used to be a member there but not any more, the gym is actually pretty rubbish but the pool is great. However they partition off the main pool so you can't swim full 50m lengths.

Probably for the best considering the state of 95% of Yorkshiremen on my last forray into the county... Has to be the obesity capital of the World. I'm up there for a long weekend next week and I fully expect to smell cholesterol throughout my visit.

In which case what's up with just the 40 lengths, that's just a warm up!

Its hard now the footie season is back though as I sneaked a cheeseburger at Aldershot and regretted it for days...

I feel your pain. I did a 16 mile bike ride on Saturday morning (in horrible conditions), then ruined most of that good work with a double cheesburger at Aldershot. Doh! :dim:

High Intensity Interval Training. Or don't even bother.

Scientifically proven to burn more fat and increase your metabolism. ... 20 seconds of maximum effort, followed by 10 seconds of minimal effort. Repeat 8 times

Hey Chap!

Does furious masturbation count as maximum effort?

Kind Regards

Back