• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A few weeks ago I went to the Bluedot Festival at Jodrell Bank. The Chemical Brothers were the highlight on the day I attended.

Attachments

• bd01.jpg
    bd01.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 1
  • bd02.jpg
    bd02.jpg
    983 KB · Views: 3
  • bd23.jpg
    bd23.jpg
    980.8 KB · Views: 4
  • bd25.jpg
    bd25.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 4
  • bd30.jpg
    bd30.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 4
Cracking gig by The Rifles down at Chinnerys last night, quite a lot of Southend lads there too. Great evening - one day hubby might resist the temptation to join in the mosh pit!

Cracking gig by The Rifles down at Chinnerys last night, quite a lot of Southend lads there too. Great evening - one day hubby might resist the temptation to join in the mosh pit!
Bumped into Kev last night Kay, somehow thought you two would be there.

A bit of a shame they seemed to have a few technical issues and that quite a few seemed to leave in the mid third as they played the newer stuff, they missed the Rousing finale .

Bumped into Kev last night Kay, somehow thought you two would be there.

A bit of a shame they seemed to have a few technical issues and that quite a few seemed to leave in the mid third as they played the newer stuff, they missed the Rousing finale .
Lol, literally bumped into Gary? Wouldn't have surprised me as he was bouncing around in the mosh pit for ages. We were right over at the far left of stage so didn't notice people leaving or sound problems to be honest. Finale was great! Whole seaside weekender thing was a great idea too.

Lol, literally bumped into Gary? Wouldn't have surprised me as he was bouncing around in the mosh pit for ages. We were right over at the far left of stage so didn't notice people leaving or sound problems to be honest. Finale was great! Whole seaside weekender thing was a great idea too.

Not literally, it was in the Gents......
We were at the back , sound struggled to carry over the talking at times, but improved as a lot of the talkers left early.

Lol, ok, thought he might have cannoned off you - hopefully not in the gents! Did you see the support act? The band that should have done it cried off very late on, the guy who did it was just an ordinary Rifles fan! We missed it as we were in the pub with Joel and his mum and dad but heard he was very good and the crowd supported him well.

Lol, ok, thought he might have cannoned off you - hopefully not in the gents! Did you see the support act? The band that should have done it cried off very late on, the guy who did it was just an ordinary Rifles fan! We missed it as we were in the pub with Joel and his mum and dad but heard he was very good and the crowd supported him well.

Best to say he did a good job in the circumstances

Friday before last, I headed down to Birmingham to see one of my favourite bands. The The are back touring after a 16 year absence, so I wasn't going to miss this gig especially after failing to secure a ticket for their RAH shows a couple of months ago.

The The played a two hour set, treating us to pretty much all their most well known songs including the superb Uncertain Smile in the encore. I think just about everyone was waiting for that one, and if you have never heard it, check it out here:

Matt Johnson used a three microphone set up, which I hadn't seen before. One was a standard mic, the other two were for vocal effects. Also, the keyboard player had a strange instrument I can only describe as an electric mouth organ. He definitely had a tube to blow into and a one-handed keyboard to play.

My pal Richard Blacher was due to see The The at the Number 6 festival last weekend. I hope he enjoyed them as much as I did.

tt001.jpgtt02.jpgtt04.jpgtt06.jpgtt07.jpg

For anyone interested, tickets go on sale tomorrow at the Cliffs Pavillion for:

The Kaiser Chiefs (Sunday 17th February19)
Kaiser.jpg

The Stranglers (Thursday 21st March 19)
stranglers.jpg

Saw our very own Mike Vernon (who I'm more familiar with as a Blues producer on his Blue Horizons label) and Watermelon Slim (who I last saw at Badalona about 10 years ago now) at Cerdanyola's Blues Festival earlier.Mike Vernon and his band were excellent.

Last week saw Deafheaven who were great, super heavy and on great form. Another heavy one this week with YOB on Thursday (again at Gorilla in Manchester). Then next week it's Low at Manchester Cathedral.

YOB and Low are probably 2 of my top 3 AOTYs

Last week saw Deafheaven who were great, super heavy and on great form. Another heavy one this week with YOB on Thursday (again at Gorilla in Manchester). Then next week it's Low at Manchester Cathedral.

YOB and Low are probably 2 of my top 3 AOTYs

I?m guessing that AOTYs = something like "acts of all time?" :Unsure: (Not quite sure about the Y).

Art Garfunkel is playing in Southend next year if anyone likes that sort of thing.

I had the displeasure of the local folk festival which I couldnt avoid last weekend. Hate folk, almost as much as heavy metal or shoegazing.

Hubby, his brother and nephews are up at the Rifles gig at the O2 Forum at Kentish Town tonight. He sent me a link which I'd love to upload here but I can't work out how!

Saw Martha (Reeves) and The Vandellas at BARTS in Barna earlier.Deeply dissatisfactory-in a way that the Manfreds+Georgie Fame at the Cliffs on Saturday wasn't. MR is 77 while GF is 75. Go figure.
Would be quite happy to see GF (and the Manfreds) again.Not MR. :Sad:

Saw Grouper at EartH in Dalston last night. Great venue, and the best I've seen Grouper play yet (third time last night). Best of all, I was back in Leigh before 10pm after leaving the venue at 20:25.

Saw Grouper at EartH in Dalston last night. Great venue, and the best I've seen Grouper play yet (third time last night). Best of all, I was back in Leigh before 10pm after leaving the venue at 20:25.
How come they were on so early? Supporting who?

Pixies on Friday for me and Connan Mockasin at Barbican on Saturday (I'll see all of it now Barnsley has been derailed for me) and then again at Rough Trade on Monday.

Back