• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He certainly did when I saw him at the Palace a few years back, also Gin House..Can't say I share your enthusiasm for the Stones,IIRC,eventually saw them back in the 90's.
I had a lack of enthusiasm for the Stones - hence the 57 year gap - thought I would give them a go this time and was pleasantly surprised

At Wembley this eve awaiting Coldplay to come on. Meanwhile, it appears that them lot from up the A12 must be due at our national stadium as they seem to have made preparations for Col Ewe ticket sales at their end.

Attachments

• 20220813_193355.jpg
    20220813_193355.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 17
Got free tickets to see Chris de Burgh at the Cliffs last night. Not really my cup of tea and I own zero of his 27 albums he said he'd recorded. Just him, a piano, 12 string electric and occasional backing track.
He was completely superb. Also had an anti Putin rant calling him a *******.

Saw The Joshua Redman quartet at the Palau de Musica last night.Probably as good as contemporary jazz gets.Long been a fan of JR's sax playing (first saw him live in Montpellier back in the early 80's but this is the first time I saw the band.Excellent.

Saw The Joshua Redman quartet at the Palau de Musica last night.Probably as good as contemporary jazz gets.Long been a fan of JR's sax playing (first saw him live in Montpellier back in the early 80's but this is the first time I saw the band.Excellent.
LOL- a 53 year old man doing contemporary jazz. Listen to some Domi and JD Beck, for some up to date stuff.

LOL- a 53 year old man doing contemporary jazz. Listen to some Domi and JD Beck, for some up to date stuff.
Ha! being 53 again would be rather nice.As far as I'm aware contemporary means "Of our time".Never heard of the 2 groups you mention and at my age not sure I would want to be "up to date " either.

ps it's one group. I mean sure Redman is fine but it's a bit bland.
I know it's one group.Redman is excellent.Brad Medlhau (on piano) who I've seen with his own quartet is also first rate .As are the rhythm section comprising Christian McBride on bass and Brian Blades on drums.The capacity,(every seat sold) audience would appear to agree with me,judging by their reaction and the group's reaction to their enthusiasm.

Last edited:
He certainly did when I saw him at the Palace a few years back, also Gin House..Can't say I share your enthusiasm for the Stones,IIRC,eventually saw them back in the 90's.
Andys bass player Dave Bronze lives just of The Broadway Leigh , when Andy does a local gig he always goes back to Daves and has Daves wife 'Shepherd Pie' which Andy loves .

Andys bass player Dave Bronze lives just of The Broadway Leigh , when Andy does a local gig he always goes back to Daves and has Daves wife 'Shepherd Pie' which Andy loves .
Dave Bronze used to play with bluesman Eric Bibb (among others) ,.Missed out on seeing D.B. play with E.B. (at a free gig at the Ship in Leigh after a Friday night Blues game)back in the day .Saw EB play in France a year or so afterwards and by then he'd got himself a new bass player. :Sad:
Also remember seeing both Andy and DB backing Clapton here in a memorable Blues gig at the time the From the Cradle CD was out ("Big Eric" didn't even bother to introduce the band)

Last edited:
Dave Bronze used to play with bluesman Eric Bibb (among others) ,.Missed out on seeing D.B. play with E.B. (at a free gig at the Ship in Leigh after a Friday night Blues game)back in the day .Saw EB play in France a year or so afterwards and by then he'd got himself a new bass player. :Sad:
Also remember seeing both Andy and DB backing Clapton here in a memorable Blues gig at the time the From the Cradle CD was out ("Big Eric" didn't even bother to introduce the band)
Daves CVs is a 'Whos Who' of the music world .

Used to have a couple of Joshua Redman albums back in the day, and what a venue to see him play.

Back