• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Wooly

Members
Spent a lot of this weekend tuned in heavily to Glastonbury and it has been f*ckin awesome! Ian Browns on now, and opened up with three Stone Roses classics (including 'I Wanna Be Adored', perhaps my favourite song ever)

Thought the Kaiser Chiefs and The Killers played blinding sets and a notable mention to Razorlight who, up against Coldplay, really got the crowd going. Also caught snippets from The Futureheads and Rufus Wainwright who seemed to play excellent sets.

But Kasabian ruled the weekend for me. After that set, I can really see them developing into one of the best bands of the last 20 years; if they aren't one already. 'Club Foot', their final song, was the best bit of the whole weekend for me.

Little disappointed in the White Stripes, although I only saw bits of their set. Overall though, thoroughly enjoyable, and I will definitley be wanting to go in 2007.

Anyone else been watching it?

I thought that the White Stripes were so much better than Coldplay (and I am a massive Coldplay fan). Futureheads and Kaiser Chief were quality as was New Order, who finished with World In Motion but unfortunately John Barnes wasn't there to do his bit.

I can't remember who else was on, but it has been great and me and some mates will want to go in '07.

Anyone that can pull off a glockenspliel solo is king !
(but why did meg sing the same song 3 times
rock.gif
)

Yea, Glasto was cool this year. Good job by the BBC to really cover as much as possible.

Watched it most of Sat eve and night - Ash were good, New Order - whilst looking and sounding pretty rough played some classics - but like you say, for me Kasabian were quality.

There were some tickets left for their Nottingham gig, really fancy it now!

yup, saw the bands I wanted to see - White Stripes & The Killers on Friday night, Razorlight on Saturday night and yesterday watched The Futureheads & New Order on BBC Online on the laptop.

Agree with you about NO pboreham - I am a massive fan but just lately I find myself cringeing when watching them - old, fat, out of tune and although Barney's never been a great singer he's getting worse!
I think maybe it's time they called it a day doing live gigs.

From what I saw of The Killers set they seemed very disappointing, almost as if they didn't want to be there & couldn't be bothered.

I was well chuffed to switch on the interactive coverage on Saturday night, just as Interpol's set was starting & they were amazing.

Another nail in the coffin of popular music with Chris Martin's awful cover of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". Yeah, I know Kylie was supposed to be headliner & has been laid low with a serious illness but to me this is just another demonstration of how low he's (& the rest of the band for letting him do this) now sunk!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ June 26 2005,23:18)]Spent a lot of this weekend tuned in heavily to Glastonbury and it has been f*ckin awesome! Ian Browns on now, and opened up with three Stone Roses classics (including 'I Wanna Be Adored', perhaps my favourite song ever)

Thought the Kaiser Chiefs and The Killers played blinding sets and a notable mention to Razorlight who, up against Coldplay, really got the crowd going. Also caught snippets from The Futureheads and Rufus Wainwright who seemed to play excellent sets.

But Kasabian ruled the weekend for me. After that set, I can really see them developing into one of the best bands of the last 20 years; if they aren't one already. 'Club Foot', their final song, was the best bit of the whole weekend for me.

Little disappointed in the White Stripes, although I only saw bits of their set. Overall though, thoroughly enjoyable, and I will definitley be wanting to go in 2007.

Anyone else been watching it?
100% agree Kasabian were awesome. Best set I've ever seen, live or on TV.

The Killers were number 2 for me, and third, I'd go for Doves.

Saturday night's headliners Coldplay and Razorlight were both a little stale for me. Could have easily nodded off to Coldplay, and Razotlight were a bit all consumed by their own over-inflated brilliance.

Spent most of Friday, Saturday and Sunday night tuned in to BBC 3. The BBC get a lot of stick but I thought the coverage was excellent.

Agree with glasgowsufc, thought Coldplay's version of 'can't get you out of my head' was poor.

Thought The Killers and Razorlight were the best performances, didn't see Kaiser Chiefs or Kasabian

ghostface.gif

$%&* off $%&*s
wink.gif

Basement Jaxx or Maximo Park best on show for me. Killers and Chiefs were brilliant.

In all in all probably the best Glasto in recent years.

yeah it was a fantastic weekend and hats off to the bbc for great coverage. i always feel that big open air gigs lose some of the chemistry between performer and audience (up close at brixton is the site of many of fave gigs) but glasto was still quality. kasabian were best by miles. quality. but my fave bit was brian wilson. i just loved it so much. the way the crowd really got behind him and everything. brilliant. only real disapointment was coldplay. although clocks was pretty good. all in all a great weekend. although it wont be the same, cant wait for v

The living legend monkey man was on top form as was Brian Wilson. Loved Kasabian and also Fatboy Slim.

Shame about New Order messing up the time and finishing with World in Motion instead of the seminal Blue Monday.

Primal Scream were at their sublime best (very hammered tho!) and although I'm not a big fan I thought the Zutons gave a good set.

Shame that the $%&* Geldolf thought he'd try to steal all the glory - agree with sentiments of Live 8 but was it necessary for him to hijack Glastonbury to advertise his own event?

I thought that The Killers were absolutely superb. Razorlight were also really good.

Am I the only one who thinks that The White Stripes are just really repetitive? Meg only knows 1 drum beat! Hotel Yorba was a quality song and a couple of their other singles have been pretty good but I can't listen to them throughout a whole album.

i agree white stripes are repeptitive. if youve ever seen megs drum kit it is tiny. a high hat (not used often) a crash symbol, bass and snare. awful. its all the same. variety is the spice of life. the fact that white stripes have been successful is a sign of that, they are pretty unique. but the drums are so repeptitive!

Saw some of the highlights over the net, and must say once again Fatboy Slim played a blinder. Seeing him in August

Alos, The Killers Mr Brightside was the b******s

Indeed...a very good festival and brilliant coverage from the Beeb.

Agree with all the praise for Kasabian, Killers, Brian Wilson, the sublime (as ever) White Stripes, Primal Scream and the King Monkey. I also really enjoyed the little bit of KT Tunstall I saw and Elvis Costello put in a good greatest hits set.

Well, I didn't get trench foot, my tent didn't get washed away, it was f*cking muddy, but didn't ruin the festival at all.  Killers were excellent, as were Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison and Garbage.  Finished my festival with the old git selection of Beautiful South, which was a great choice, as they played a greatest hits set, and the crowd went mental.  Can't believe it isn't on next year...

But the best news of the festival was... you can finally get the Pear Cider somewhere other than the festival Here - I can heartily recommend it... even if it does cause you to pass out in the Stone Circle on the Wednesday night.

Mud wasn't an issue. Nothing a pair of wellies didn't sort out. If you know where to camp that is...
Coldplay were very disappointing. The only time I ventured to the main stage. Rufus Wainwright was just superb, as were Engineers and Magic Numbers.
Didn't see an awful lot cos you kind of miss the point if you run round all day. By the way, Chas and Dave were really quite special.

Back