• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
Hello all.

Before I even completed yesterdays event in the pouring rain and winds I had already entered another 10k which takes place on 20 July in Hyde Park London. I am hoping the weather for this one is going to be a bit better!

I already had a place for this one though and didnt need to get a charity place to compete, therefore I dont have an official fundraising target. I have decided though that I want to raise money while running this and have created another justgiving page with a target of £100 which I have set myself.

Anyone that wants to do their bit for charity and put in a few quid can do so from this page

http://www.justgiving.com/samanthawoolfgreatcapital10k

Like I say I dont have to raise a particular amount I just thought it would make the race more worthwhile. Even if all you can afford is a couple of quid, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who sponsored me for yesterdays run.

Thanks.
Sam.

Sam, would it be an idea to post a background commentary about The Children's Society and the specific charitable work that they do?

As a suggestion from Glasgow, here is some background information on the Childrens Society and some of the ways in which they help. I am sure that you will agree it is as good cause as any.

Here goes:

To maximise our effectiveness, our resources are targeted on four priority areas:

Children in trouble with the law
Runaway children at risk on the streets
Disabled children without a voice
Refugee children facing exclusion

Work in these important areas forms the core of our work but we also support other areas of work, such as projects with Traveller and Gypsy children , children and young people who are affected by adult drug and alcohol misuse and young carers .

We are developing our network of children's centres and we run initiatives in important areas such as mentoring , participation and advocacy. As The Children's Society began life as an adoption agency we continue to offer a post adoption service.

The Children's Society's work is based on a substantial practice base, a robust research programme, dedicated social policy work and nationwide campaigning .

Through working with children and involving them in all our work The Children's Society has developed considerable experience and knowledge. We work in partnership with local authorities and other organisations to provide services , including training and consultancy , to deliver unique local solutions to local needs.

Pics could encourage some sponsorship....:stunned:

Obviously not pics of me...cos that would have an adverse affect...:'(

Well done tho, all for a good cause.

Back