• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great Leighs racecourse

sussex by the sea

SZ Fantasy League Champ 08/09.
Anyone else been to a meeting yet ? I went yesterday as I eventually want to do all of the 60 racecourses, I'm nearly two thirds through now.

It is really quite unusual, the floodlights are shaped like champagne flutes and there are plenty of them in what seems like quite a rural area. The stand is on the inside of the course and so at best you can only see the home straight and top bend while watching the rest of the race on the big screen. I should think in terms of live racing action in front of me, I saw about two and a half minutes. The proposed main stand looks a bit ambitious and I wonder if it will ever be built. They are making a real effort with the paddock and eating/drinking areas though on what essentially still resembles a building site.

As always on the all weather, I found it impossible to win any money.

Waiting for it to become a bit more established and for some of those teething problems to be sorted out, but hoping to cross it off soon. Although, like you, I never do well on the AW.

Only done a dismal eight of the 60 - been to Sandown and Cheltenham many times though. Next new one is York on Ebor day next month, should be cracking.

Next new one is York on Ebor day next month, should be cracking.

I went a few years ago to a day of the Ebor meeting and York is an absolutely first class venue, certainly in the top 3 of the ones I have been to, so I am sure you will love it.

I like Sandown too, more for jumping, although standing by the winning post of the 5 furlong track is one of the oddest experiences I've had watching racing as it seems so far from the stands.

Back