• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I feel a warm guilty pleasure when I hear Peters & Lee's 'Welcome Home' ... but it's when I start joining in the chorus that I think that maybe I've taken it too far.

Making Airfix model aeroplanes but stranger still i find myself wanting to hang them from the ceiling with doubled up cotton,i know i know.

I feel a warm guilty pleasure when I hear Peters & Lee's 'Welcome Home' ... but it's when I start joining in the chorus that I think that maybe I've taken it too far.
Rob do you find yourself wearing dark glasses while doing this? If so you are correct in your thinking

Hey Chaps!

What are your guilty pleasures?

Any TV programmes, music, films, games, hobbies, food etc that may be considered 'uncool' or 'naff' that you actually like.
It doesn't have to be sexual and preferably nothing weird or offensive.

I'll start the ball rolling: -

The Carpenters
CHiPs
Collecting Panini stickers
Trying to tie a knot in a swans neck whilst bumming it.

Over to you, fellow Shrimpers..

Toodle Pip!

Finally we have something in common :smile:

Ha-ha me too although at the moment I seem to hooked on listening to Tavares especially when on the treadmill at the gym and I can see other people looking and grinning at what I am listening to as I play it through you tube and it comes up on the treadmill screen

Ha-ha me too although at the moment I seem to hooked on listening to Tavares especially when on the treadmill at the gym and I can see other people looking and grinning at what I am listening to as I play it through you tube and it comes up on the treadmill screen

Is that their famous track."Heaven must be missing a Cook" Jacks? :dim:

Making Airfix model aeroplanes but stranger still i find myself wanting to hang them from the ceiling with doubled up cotton,i know i know.

Nothing wrong with that,done the same and i was in my 40s.NO,but did do that when i was about 12 and my sister and cousin got a few down(they were about6)a nd threw them out of the window to see if the could fly.Done the same for my son,hung up a Lanc,Spit,Hurri,Mossi etc...(in Germany) and when the in-laws popped upstairs to his room,not sure what they thought.

My guilty pleasure was,like most those days..putting ABBA on the jukebox,then saying "who played that"...while watching all the lads feet tapping to ABBA under the table

Nowt wrong with Abba. Pop was rarely done better.

I have a penchant to sing aloud to easy listening - John Denver, Tony Christie, Andy Williams etc.

Rob do you find yourself wearing dark glasses while doing this? If so you are correct in your thinking

Ha - I haven't actually done that yet, but I might just take a pair of dark glasses along to a karaoke night here in PZ and do it. It could be sensational.

Back