• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon joins Wrexham

I have always thought there was a player there but getting him on the pitch was the problem. Thirty four games for us in three seasons says it all really. I have no problem with players looking to find the best deal they can, and, good luck to him if Wrexham are really paying him 3K a week.
It would have been lunacy for us to offer anything approaching that money. Even if he goes on to be an ever present at Wrexham and is their player of the year we have made the right call here.
To offer big money to a player with his injury history is just not a smart move. I wish him well but suspect that by the end of this season he will be on exceptionally good terms with the Wrexham physio!
Well done to PB and his team for not committing a sizeable chunk of our budget to what would have been a very risky signing.

Not a player I'm overly fussed about losing and not really sure about the comments saying we will miss him as we barely saw him whilst here anyway.

Putting his injury record, and Dovergate, aside I really think this is a good move both for Harry and SUFC - wish him well but pleased he has moved on and freed up a space to strengthen our squad.

If that figure is correct, the games gone bonkers?. Wonder what % of league 2 players are paid that per week?.

I doubt he is getting £3k per week at Wrexham. I hope that he wasn't on that while here in League 2.

The League 2 wage cap is £1.5m per season (about £30k per week). So you could assume a squad of 24 players would have an average of £1.3k per week wage.

I would have driven him there myself! Goodbye! Good bye and good riddance! Always injured and cant forget that fa cup game!! Celebrating with the opposition fans after a humiliating loss was inforgiveable! I dont mind him joining a smaller club

I agree with you Shrimpet. Oh, wait a minute, a smaller club? Not Wrexham I'm afraid.

I would have driven him there myself! Goodbye! Good bye and good riddance! Always injured and cant forget that fa cup game!! Celebrating with the opposition fans after a humiliating loss was inforgiveable! I dont mind him joining a smaller club
Well, he wasn’t with Dover ‘fans’ he was in Hornchurch with one of their players who happened to be a good mate. Both Essex boys who were at Charlton together.

Wrexham is about 220 miles further than Great Wakering, so get your sat nav on!

So according to PB Harry L wanted more money which is a bit rich when his been more in the treatment room than on the pitch.!!! Wrexham fans seem to be a bit bemused to the transfer and he may be a back up player

No problem with this transaction - we offered him what we thought he was worth, he wanted more and got it at Wrexham. Good bit of business for him, good sound business sense for us.

It's a gamble for Wrexham as his injury record isn't great, but if it pays off he could be excellent in the NL. Would have been a gamble for us to keep him on a big wage.

We're a bit short at Centre Back now - White (old and with a dodgy arm), Coulson (old and currently with a dodgy toe), Hobson and Mitchell-Nelson seem to be the options. Assume we might want another one in, even if it's on loan, unless he thinks Ralph could cover there if necessary or there's a half decent U23 coming through.

Based on his shocking CV, injury record, off-field problems and the arrogance he thinks he's worth decent wages, I'm amazed Wrexham have done us this massive favour!!

U would think these clubs would do their research on signing players, which box would he tick!!

It's nice to be on the other side of terrible decisions for a change!!!

I don’t wish him any bad, just got the feeling that his heart was never with us.
I heard he should have been back running and training in February, but that got put back again and again, with no reason given?
I fear he will always be an injury liability.

Back