• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon joins Wrexham

Up there with Kiernan and Ridgewell as the worst kind of waster we’ve had at the club over the past few years. Bye Harry. Don’t let the door smash you in the arse on the way out ?
See all the bitter and twisted’s are out in force tonight….,admit it, he’s going forward as we are going the other way….probably 6 clubs in front of us now in the tin pot league, thanks Ron!

I really don't understand the animosity towards someone who got injured while fighting for our badge. He may not have been a worldbeater but we really need to realise what we are as a club and stop these delusions of grandeur, he'd have walked into our squad at this level.

I really don't understand the animosity towards someone who got injured while fighting for our badge. He may not have been a worldbeater but we really need to realise what we are as a club and stop these delusions of grandeur, he'd have walked into our squad at this level.
we don’t need him. He’s been relegated twice with us, he’s never fit, he did a really silly thing at Dover, and a move suits all parties. We are Southend United, we have better centre halves than him and at this level of the game we should be able to attract better centre halves than him.

we don’t need him. He’s been relegated twice with us, he’s never fit, he did a really silly thing at Dover, and a move suits all parties. We are Southend United, we have better centre halves than him and at this level of the game we should be able to attract better centre halves than him.
……oh not the boring Dover thing again. Fact is he’s a league 1 defender and we are non league, potless and all these people insulting the bloke, joke club and supporters, open your eyes!

……oh not the boring Dover thing again. Fact is he’s a league 1 defender and we are non league, potless and all these people insulting the bloke, joke club and supporters, open your eyes!

Each to their own but from what I recall, he played for us in League 1 but he was out of his depth and mostly injured. He then played for us in League 2 and was average at very best and mostly injured. If he wasn’t left footed, I’m not sure if he’d even be playing in the National League.

Leave it out Wiggy, he has just joined a NL club.:ROFL:
Yes a progressive one…..and Phil yet again is having his hands tied with the Non League budget, can’t afford to get in who he wants yet again. Some useful talent out there the other night but bet we end up with desperado’s like Atkinson. Same old Southend, with Ron in charge we just get blown away by clubs with a bit about them.
Can’t even keep an old cripple like Lennon says it all to me……P.B wanted him to stay so that must say something to all those that say he was useless!

I'm another one that cannot understand the vitriol towards Lennon. Yes, he did a silly thing once, but all the fuss was over-blown (although the timing was very, very poor).

He was also very unlucky with injuries, but he broke limbs playing for our club and even tried to play on with one such injury.

Having watched him whenever he did play, I'm still not sure how good or bad (or somewhere in between) he was. He never had a long enough run of games for me to feel confident of that.

Can't blame the bloke for trying to get the best deal possible. Can't blame the club for not wanting to take the risk of a high wage given what we got from him in playing time over the last 3 seasons (and maybe we were never going to be able to afford his demands anyway).

So, that leaves me in the 'good for both parties' camp. Good luck to him... apart from when Wrexham play us if he's playing.

Yes a progressive one…..and Phil yet again is having his hands tied with the Non League budget, can’t afford to get in who he wants yet again. Some useful talent out there the other night but bet we end up with desperado’s like Atkinson. Same old Southend, with Ron in charge we just get blown away by clubs with a bit about them.
Can’t even keep an old cripple like Lennon says it all to me……P.B wanted him to stay so that must say something to all those that say he was useless!
Would you rather went for broke again and spent beyond our means to gamble on promotion?

It normally works out so well for us

Personally, think Lennon moving on was best for all parties.

When PB says he wanted more money, he wanted more money than what we offered, but not a pay rise on what he was currently on just on people are away. We offered him a reduced wage, and rightly so. Lennon IS getting paid more at Wrexham than what we were offering.

Personally, I never felt comfortable with him in a back four. Attempting to play out from the back, like numerous ex-managers did, Lennon looked capable of dropping a bollock at anytime, be it trying to play out, or giving away a rash penalty.

I can see why managers would take a risk on Lennon, quick across the ground, left footed, big unit, so there is the makings of a player there, but we never saw the best of him, and some fans will never forgive or forget the Dover incident. In the grand scheme of things, with his injury record, and lack of game time, his wages would be better spent on 1/2 other players.

Down to PB to find those players. He wanted an extra centre half, even if Lennon did sign, so I’d assume he’d want two now. Time will tell.

I don't we really saw the full potential (or that there was potential!) due to the bad luck with injuries. I wish him well for the future and hope that the wage budget allows PB to bring in probably two new Centre Backs.

Currently, I would start with Hobson and White, we have not seen Coulson yet to see whether he will be challenging these two. Then it's Halford and Mitchell-Nelson, would we wan to rely on them?

I assume there is a connection and someone is prepared to take a punt rather than the evidence of an average of less than 10 league games a season for five seasons which looks more than a short term hiccup. Not sure any of us were looking to him to be the linchpin of our defence.
I haven't read this thread through, but I think the connection is Phil Parkinson. He'll have known him at Charlton, and knows that Harry is a capable lad, a solid, left footed defender.

I think he's been absolutely vilified on social media from a simple enough mistake, where something happened outside of his control, coupled with some very serious leg injuries when he had actually playing well.

Best move for him was to go to a new club, with a clean slate, and i wish him well.

Don’t begrudge him going for more money. We all have to pay the bills and football isn’t a long career. A gamble for them but it could come off. On balance I’m happy if it frees up some budget.
Also worth remembering that, allegedly, he was one of those players furloughed and having delays to receiving wages on more than one occasion. Couple with the dreadful abuse he got on social media, he's probably quite glad to get away.

Unfortunately for Lennon he had 3 very important seasons for his development hit by injuries, he's now coming into his prime years but he's only played slightly more games in his career than Hobson. All those crucial development years are lost so even if he does stay fit he will be behind others of the same age.

Right now we have a centre back pairing of White and Hobson who after last season will take some shifting

See all the bitter and twisted’s are out in force tonight….,admit it, he’s going forward as we are going the other way….probably 6 clubs in front of us now in the tin pot league, thanks Ron!

Don't tell me he was a player you actually liked ???

I don't we really saw the full potential (or that there was potential!) due to the bad luck with injuries. I wish him well for the future and hope that the wage budget allows PB to bring in probably two new Centre Backs.

Currently, I would start with Hobson and White, we have not seen Coulson yet to see whether he will be challenging these two. Then it's Halford and Mitchell-Nelson, would we wan to rely on them?
I think both CF and RD rate Mitchell-Nelson quite highly. I personally think both Mitchell-Nelson and Kinali deserve more first team opportunities this season.

Back