• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CP on Twitter the club are aware and have seen the video.

Anyone who thinks this is OK have a screw loose. Shameful behaviour by a shameless player

Some people on this forum are an embarrassment. The guys gone to catch up with a few friends of which one or two are Dover players.

1 - how can he help someone has decided to share a video like this? Or be aware it’s being filmed
2 - doesn’t even seem to be having a beer
3 - for all we know he could of just arrived to say “hi” and was leaving straight after he hardly looks like his set for the night. Still in tracksuit and hanging back from the crowd.

people just using this as an excuse to scapegoat him. The whole squad are s**te not just this one player. in a world where everyone including many on this forum bang on about mental health you are all quick to turn on this one individual and plan to attack him

hes fair game tho ...

just got his club knocked out of the FA Cup with a powder puff non tackle and let their guy in to win the game ...

next thing you will tell me is that it will impact his mental health and I am a cyber bully -

get a pair - hes a **** ,,

Blown out of proportion this... but I can’t get my head round how stupid Lennon is to be allowing this to go online. There clearly already is a divide between players and fans and he just made himself public enemy number one. Idiot

Some people on this forum are an embarrassment. The guys gone to catch up with a few friends of which one or two are Dover players.

1 - how can he help someone has decided to share a video like this? Or be aware it’s being filmed
2 - doesn’t even seem to be having a beer
3 - for all we know he could of just arrived to say “hi” and was leaving straight after he hardly looks like his set for the night. Still in tracksuit and hanging back from the crowd.

people just using this as an excuse to scapegoat him. The whole squad are s**te not just this one player. in a world where everyone including many on this forum bang on about mental health you are all quick to turn on this one individual and plan to attack him
It’s 2019, people share everything on social media. They were celebrating a big cup win to put them into the 2nd round, he’d have to be completely stupid to think that some form of video/image of that wouldn’t end up on social media. Also, the camera was pointed right in his face and he acknowledged it, so he was clearly aware.

Whilst he’s obviously entitled to have a drink with friends, jumping around and smiling with Dover players who are singing about getting to the 2nd round of the cup just a couple of hours after they knocked us out is bound to get a reaction from our fans. He surely must have known this, the least he could have done was ask his friend not to share this on social media with this in mind.

Blown out of proportion this... but I can’t get my head round how stupid Lennon is to be allowing this to go online. There clearly already is a divide between players and fans and he just made himself public enemy number one. Idiot
This is the correct take.

I recall someone had some stats for the number of games we'd won when Lennon had played, including last season. Poor player.
Get rid next June .

Maybe so. But can you blame the fans? It’s pure stupidity on his part. If Sol was looking for a sacrificial lamb to wake the players up, he’s put himself front of that queue. He’s been absolutely dreadful all season and then does that, especially after the full time reaction from the away fans. Clearly missing a brain cell or two and not the sort of bloke we need at the club - ability wise and mentality wise.

Maybe so. But can you blame the fans? It’s pure stupidity on his part. If Sol was looking for a sacrificial lamb to wake the players up, he’s put himself front of that queue. He’s been absolutely dreadful all season and then does that, especially after the full time reaction from the away fans. Clearly missing a brain cell or two and not the sort of bloke we need at the club - ability wise and mentality wise.
No I’m not blaming the fans for the reaction I’m looking at Lennon and thinking how can you be so stupid to open yourself up to this. He’s not going to be sacked but pretty sure handing in a transfer request will be crossing his mind if he plays against Oxford.

No I’m not blaming the fans for the reaction I’m looking at Lennon and thinking how can you be so stupid to open yourself up to this. He’s not going to be sacked but pretty sure handing in a transfer request will be crossing his mind if he plays against Oxford.

I don’t see anyone taking him off our hands unfortunately! He’s a silly boy. The vast majority of the anger the fans have for this squad will now probably be directed straight at him.

It doesn't matter if he was wearing his Southend tracksuit, if they were Dover or Maldon & Tiptree players/fans he was with in the Pub or if he had a beer in his hand or not, its the look on his face. When I've had a bad day at work I feel like **** and when I played Sunday league and lost a game whether it was my fault or not I felt like ****. He was massively at fault that gifted a non league side a goal to knock his side out the FA Cup, his side that has kept one clean sheet since last January and won just twice in league and cup games all season. He should have been at home with the right hump. His face clearly shows he doesn't give a **** about what's going on

Come on guys lets try and see the positive....At least he has got tight on a Dover player without falling over.

I’m sorry this is not ok. He is literally celebrating with the team who just beat his team 2 hours before. He was at fault for the goal. I’m sure he could get investigated for match fixing by the FA

I’m sorry this is not ok. He is literally celebrating with the team who just beat his team 2 hours before. He was at fault for the goal. I’m sure he could get investigated for match fixing by the FA

My thoughts as well. It just seems like he's celebrating doing them a favour.

I truly hope it's not and that he is just an absolute bell end, when does his contract run out? Hopefully we won't be stuck with him for another season!

Absolutely shocking being dressed in a club tracksuit. Why wasn't he dressed in a club issued sackcloth and ashes?

And how dare he have friends or a life outside football at a time like this?

And where was his drink? He couldn't even be bothered to drown his sorrows. What an insult to Southend fans all over the world.

Still, at least we now have our scapegoat after dropping Milligan didn't work and dropping Oxley before that etc. This time scapegoating someone is bound to work.

I pop on for the first time in five years and you’re still talking utter bollocks. See you in another five.

I must say I am loving this !!!!!

Everyone in life has a made a mistake and screwed up something decent ... often something romantic, often something legal, often something that affects your employment - seriously -and sometime its something really serious that really cause hurt and damage to a person.

This massive eff up is all the former - no-one has got seriously hurt or injured BUT the young man has dropped a massive bollock ...

AND it was him - not me or you ...

So let him own it - and if he is sitting at home with his head in his hands - he will learn something.

If he still having a laugh - thinking we are all sad losers - he will have to learn the lesson later in life ... and he will.

He the professional footballer is in the ****e ... and me without enough ability to even make the school team (try though I did) had a good day at work and am feeling pretty chilled .

Hows your day going Harry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back