• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those things that seems so very wrong but bear in mind that whilst fans support one club and one club only (generally) players don't. They have all played for several teams and know each other through other connections.

So - would this be as bad if we were near the top of the league and had been properly giant killed? Or if we had won, even?

Are we saying that if a team loses then the player must stay at home at all costs and not venture out for a night of fun?

Are we saying that players should never have a post match drink with the opposition (happens all the time in other sports)?

Or is it more to the point that we as fans are hurting to the core and it doesn't appear like the players have the same feelings? Which, bearing in mind it's just a job to them, is not overly surprising.

So, serious question - what's the crime here? As I say, it seems wrong but I can't put my finger on what the issue is (aside from HL being stupid and doing something that has the perception of being awful and has absolutely ****ed off the fan base).

Can't believe some people are defending this moron. Thick on the pitch thick of it. Ron please get rid of ASAP.
He doesn't care about SUFC, any player who does would have gone home, had some beers and take a good hard look in the mirror.
It's obvious he don't give a s*** about playing for us. I'm to angry and disgusted to say anything else.

This is one of those things that seems so very wrong but bear in mind that whilst fans support one club and one club only (generally) players don't. They have all played for several teams and know each other through other connections.

So - would this be as bad if we were near the top of the league and had been properly giant killed? Or if we had won, even?

Are we saying that if a team loses then the player must stay at home at all costs and not venture out for a night of fun?

Are we saying that players should never have a post match drink with the opposition (happens all the time in other sports)?

Or is it more to the point that we as fans are hurting to the core and it doesn't appear like the players have the same feelings? Which, bearing in mind it's just a job to them, is not overly surprising.

So, serious question - what's the crime here? As I say, it seems wrong but I can't put my finger on what the issue is (aside from HL being stupid and doing something that has the perception of being awful and has absolutely ****ed off the fan base).

its sport ...

most sportsmen love winning

most sportsmen hurt when losing

most footballers understand the games passions - for better or worse

alcohol is not good for athletes

he is at best insensitive and daft ..... at worse some one who very deeply disrespects his employers .

its a bit rough football ... its not chess -

he does not give a toss

hes a ****

I never played above the level of the euphemistically named 7cs for my bank (that's it, the tenth team) but the last thing I wanted to do after a succession of demoralising defeats was to go out to the pub, in fact I wouldn't want to see anyone till the pain wore off. Why is a highly paid professional not feeling it?

IF this is what happened, then No I am not suggesting what u have written should be done, but its another example of a lack of thought, care and discipline on the part of the players and an insult to my club...Minimum punishment a weeks wages or just tear his contract up...Lennon clearly doesnt give a toss for the people..YOU and I who pay his overblown salary...Cannot be blamedon Sol, he doesnt mother them, they have a life. If he cannot behave like a pro and respect the club, then he cannot be payed like a pro...GET RID MR MARTIN...SHOW SOME LEADERSHIP!

I spent my Sunday afternoon on a coach feeling ****. I was questioning why I bother traipsing up and down the country watching this lot. I wasn't alone. Like everyone I was hurting like hell. Still am.

When I say "like everyone else" I don't mean Harry Lennon. He was in a boozer, in his trackie, on the lash with the opposition.

No doubt a grovelling apology will follow, but in the current climate that's a massive lack of judgement.

I think it is more PR than HR. He's not done anything that breaches his contract I imagine but it just looks absolutely terrible.

I do agree that if we weren't having the season we are having, people would not be so angry. But we are. So it's at best a ridiculously stupid thing he's done here and at worst it's downright contempt of the people who pay his wages.

It will be really interesting to see Campbell's take on this - what is and what isn't acceptable in his camp etc.

i bet DOVER ATHLETIC players and fans are loving this ....

as well as Col U and Orient

Maybe Lennon just goes out with any team that's won that day and this is the first time he's been caught on camera.

Obviously a pre arranged meeting with local boys some of whom play for Dover, guess he thought he would be celebrating a Southend win ... which just goes to show how stupid he really is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back